• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I find out easier to use health draining weapons or frost magika to at least slow them down

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I use the dragon shout to shove them all across the roof then plink them off one at a time with a bow if they rush me as a group.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Hmm i've noticed people saying they use shout to knock people all over, but all mine does is stagger people. What gives?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Illusion works pretty well against them. Dual cast frenzy on them one by one and hide.

Hmm i've noticed people saying they use shout to knock people all over, but all mine does is stagger people. What gives?
you need to upgrade your shout. All shouts have 2 upgrades. As for Fus Ro Dah, you need to follow the main quest for a bit.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I've been avoiding the main quest like the plague. I'm actually running through the game as slowly as possible. I've only been to Whiterun and Marketh and i'm level 26 lol. Looks like I should be doing some of the main quest then.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I do a tiny bit of the main quest every now and then. I went through all the business so I could get the shouts and I've wandered off into miscellaneous-quest-land for the last while. I'm not sure if I think it's wise to avoid the main quest completely but I'm a huge advocate of putting it on pause for extended periods of time.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
^I agree...as for the Falmer question...use a bow, ebony right now with glass arrows...but a glass bow does just the same...I'm at level 40 now, my archery is in the 70's and sneak at 100...I kill most things in one hit...the perks are insanely good for a dedicated archer coupled with stealth...most of my armour has increase to archery, aside from the ebony mail which does wonders for stealth...but yeah, it's very easy to kill a room filled with them, they all die in one hit and you can simply pick them off one-by-one in slow motion...I actually feel guilty about the amount of multipliers from a single hit...let's hope I never get spotted

Make sure youre well stocked up on Health Potions before fighting them. Their poison in addition to Chaurus poison eats right into your health. I personally dont using spells against them and instead use power attacks with melee weapons to try and stagger them so they cant get too many attacks in on me.

Eclipse

I find it best if you use conjure spells to slow them down but not familiars because they are weak and if you kill one then if you have reminate corpse and bring it back to life and they normaly kill the living ones and if they don't then by the time your zombie is killed you will have enough magika to summon another creature to fight for you and that should probably do the trick but if you are not very good at being a mage then don't use this method!

ShadowGambit

Bound Bow with Mystic Binding works pretty well for me. Level 80 in archery.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I find it best if you use conjure spells to slow them down but not familiars because they are weak and if you kill one then if you have reminate corpse and bring it back to life and they normaly kill the living ones and if they don't then by the time your zombie is killed you will have enough magika to summon another creature to fight for you and that should probably do the trick but if you are not very good at being a mage then don't use this method!
I find it ironic that you engaged in thread necromancy on a thread that's eight months old to suggest using actual necromancy to deal with the Falmer. :p

Since what's done is done anyway Falmer's have no damage type weaknesses or resistances so it's really just a matter of personal preference. It's not a bad idea to have some poison resistance effects running though since Falmer often use poisoned weapons and the poison damage bypasses your armor rating.

ShadowGambit

The main weakness of the Falmer is that they are BLIND.

So they can only detect you by the noise you make.

Muffle enchantment or spell will work wonder here. Also, for the choice of weapon, I would choose the bow or the dagger because both are "silent". Destruction Spells (even with quite casting) and Swords/axes/maces makes noise so makes you detectable by Falmer.

Frenzy is fun to watch though.

blade30p

Sneak+My enchanted Dragonebone bow= everybody dead, bodies all over the gaff :mad:

Sent from My Omega powered beast, using Xparent ICS

Eclipse

Yes they are blind but sadly they can still somehow see you it may just be that they have developed senses to find you so in a way it is not a weakness.

blade30p

Yes they are blind but sadly they can still somehow see you it may just be that they have developed senses to find you so in a way it is not a weakness.
Unfortunately chief your misinformed, they can not see you AT all. they can however hear you, you see their hearing is so over-developed, it's bordering on supernatural ;)

Sent from My Omega powered beast, using Xparent ICS

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Unfortunately chief your misinformed, they can not see you AT all....
He's not misinformed. Although the lore is that the Falmer are blind, the game mechanics treat them as sighted. The way the game makes them "blind" is by assigning Falmers an Actor Value of 80 for Blindness which means that their ability to detect a player in Sneak mode is impaired by 80%. Outside of Sneak mode they can see you as easily as any other NPC. Because the Blindness value is not 100% they can still also detect you in Sneak mode if you have a bright light source near you. I tested this in Blackreach with 100% Muffle and 100 Sneak. I could literally go right up to a Falmer's face under the low ambient lighting of Blackreach, but if I did this with a Candlelight spell running or a torch in my had I was detected before I could get that close.

Eclipse

He's not misinformed. Although the lore is that the Falmer are blind, the game mechanics treat them as sighted. The way the game makes them "blind" is by assigning Falmers an Actor Value of 80 for Blindness which means that their ability to detect a player in Sneak mode is impaired by 80%. Outside of Sneak mode they can see you as easily as any other NPC. Because the Blindness value is not 100% they can still also detect you in Sneak mode if you have a bright light source near you. I tested this in Blackreach with 100% Muffle and 100 Sneak. I could literally go right up to a Falmer's face under the low ambient lighting of Blackreach, but if I did this with a Candlelight spell running or a torch in my had I was detected before I could get that close.
Thanks you I done the same test but obviously I am not as good at explinations as you are so thank you!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts