• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skarv

OK, so I got Dragonrend and now I am facing Alduin. I have Dwarven Armor on and all of them are Flawless and the same with my sword which is Honed Ancient Nord Sword (Flawless) Which hits around 45.I have a Dwarven Shield and Alduin is to hard? I am level 23, Nord warrior, and this is what I do and fail: Dragonrend, wait for him to land, attack him with sword while using Power Bash and Dragonrend, die in 1 hit from Fire attack. I tried going in ranged, having a heal in my Left hand, attacking behind, the side, and the front. The farthest I ever got was when the meteors fall from the sky. Also, I never deal damage? His health pool stays the same no matter what I hit him with, any advice?

Verses

wait for paarthurnax to say that you should take him down with dragonrend. (i recommend you fast travel away from the throat of the world and travel back so it doesn't glitch anymore)

this should give you the ability of actually dealing damage.

and well i didn't finish the main quest untill i was like 50, but that's just me doing all sidequests and stuff

and if you're not able to beat him, just go and train some more?!
(and a better sword wouldn't hurt either)

Well your weapon isn't too great, but I'm sure it's doable. What difficulty are you on? It is an option to turn down the difficulty, but I understand if you don't want to resort to that (I wouldn't want to). One thing that I find helps a lot with the stronger dragon classes, especially with warrior types is staying away from his front at any costs. If you sprint toward his tail end while he is landing, you can attack him there and he wont be able to bite you or use his breath on you. His tail and wing attacks do much less damage, so that is probably a good option for you.

Also, dragon rend has a really short cool-down, so abuse it. Never let Alduin get in the air for more than seconds at a time. The moment he starts to fly, dragon rend him again. It will be much easier to kill him with a sword, which I'm assuming is your primary weapon and also that one-handed is probably one of your highest perks.

Hope that helps a little :D

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Yeah, the invincibility is definitely a glitch. But if you still find him too difficult after fixing the glitch, get the words for the Marked for Death shout (at least two; don't worry about the third if you don't want to join the Dark Brotherhood). Use it on Alduin every time you land him with Dragonrend; wearing an amulet of Talos will help with the cool-down time for the Shouts. It will continue depleting his health even if he takes to the skies again, plus it'll weaken his armor rating, making it easier to kill him. Usually, Marked for Death permanently lowers the targets armor rating, but I don't know if this is true for Alduin and he'll still be weakened once you meet him again later on.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Also, ditch your sword and use the Dragonsbane instead, which you can pick up at Sky Temple Haven. I'm pretty sure it'll do more damage on Alduin than what you're using.

Verses

or i just thought of it, with a high enough sneak skill and when dual casting muffle and then dual casting invisibility you should be able to do sneak attacks

would make it fairly easy to kill him

Does he sound like his character has high sneak?
facepalm.jpg

no, and you do not have to facepalm...i'm just suggesting an option for him if the dragon happens to be to hard.
i'm just saying
LOL You'll have to forgive me, I just woke up (kinda a face-palming kinda morning hehe). It's a good tip! But it doesn't help him much :p I doubt he wants to start a new sneak character just to kill Alduin ;)

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
Same thing happens to me. I spent 3 hours trying to kill him and it didn't work, so I left. I'm going to wait a bit for the glitch to fix itself.

Ironclad

Sorry for this: Alduin is so easy to defeat it made me sad. I've killed him twice and once was with my mage, fighting from the safety of the hill. Dragonrend, ice ice ice ice ice, dragonrend - repeat. Dead in under 3 minutes.
Apologies.

Verses

Sorry for this: Alduin is so easy to defeat it made me sad. I've killed him twice and once was with my mage, fighting from the safety of the hill. Dragonrend, ice ice ice ice ice, dragonrend - repeat. Dead in under 3 minutes.
Apologies.

dude there's a glitch here, which makes you unable to deal any kind of damage only paarthurnax can deal damage to alduin if it's glitched.
maybe he can kill him easily, plus the difficulty of alduin depents on you settings

took me some time as i have always played on hard

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Apologies.

Yeah, he can be pretty easy depending on your level, skill, and strategy. I one-shotted Alduin with a fire-enchanted ebony sword on my second playthrough. That is, if you don't count Dragonrend and Marked for Death as hits, which I used once each.

Harperlarp

I made some uber equipment and weapons and ended up killing alduin in sovngard with only three hits, I kind of regret making such strong gear because as I feared the game becomes a tad boring when you're invincible.

Verses

I made some uber equipment and weapons and ended up killing alduin in sovngard with only three hits, I kind of regret making such strong gear because as I feared the game becomes a tad boring when you're invincible.

well i'm level 77 now (the legitimate way, no exploits or whatsoever that i used)
and with a daedric bow (legendary) with double enchantments killing becomes too easy even on master

so just set your game to master, and well i equipted weaker armor and shoot steel arrows with a forsworn bow just to make it more interesting.

david_b

Well I had my horse shadowmare attacking him and that other dragon I forget his name and I kept shouting dragonrend and fire hitting him with my dwarven battleaxe and when my health went down I would go behind a rock and heal

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts