• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AryoAsh

Is there a way to keep Frost the horse without stealing him. I know you have to steal him for Black-Briar for the quest I'm on but will I be able to buy the horse after the quest? Or do I just have to keep him if I want him and not finish the quest?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You'll have a few options when you speak to Louis. Some will allow you to keep Frost. If you can't figure it out when you speak to him then post here again and I or someone else can walk you through it.

Adam Warlock

If Louis is being attacked when you meet up with him at the end of the quest , be sure to help him so he doesn`t get killed before you can talk with him about what to do with Frost .

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I believe you can just threaten him that you'll go to Maven, and then you get to keep the horse. From what I remember.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
I believe you can just threaten him that you'll go to Maven, and then you get to keep the horse. From what I remember.

This is the dialogue you should look for if you can intimidate or persuade him those are usually the times you can manipulate things

Adam Warlock

***Slight SPOILER***
After I got Frost (R.I.P.) , Louis later sent a Thug to kill me.
I don`t let things like that go unsettled so I went to Riften to look for him , but he had flown the coop.
Finally ran into him standing in front of the Whiterun Stables , but now the S.O.B. is apparently unkillable.
Really pisses me off and he`s become my third most hated NPC behind Alduin amd Elenwen.
One day I will have my revenge . I don`t know how yet but it will happen.

Morgan

Yeah, Nazeem thugged me and his body now rests on that little ledge just on the right before leaving Whiterun. He'll never hassle me about the Cloud District again though! Louis Letrush is all kinds of bugged though. No one really knows why he's essential after he gets to the Whiterun stables. Maybe he's a potential goal of a radiant quest? Also, without being too specific for spoilers, if you advance one of the main quests in a certain way, there's a very common bug where LL reduplicates himself several times over. So you may end up with three and a half Louis to hate, instead of one. All unkillable.

Edit: wait, you have the multiple Letrushes already don't you? I seem to remember you mentioning it in another post. Is my memory failing?

Adam Warlock

No , just one so far.
The prospect of more doesn`t bother me as much as the fact that each Louis apparently doesn`t respawn and can be pickpocketed only once.
I catch myself wishing I had the perk to steal his clothes and leave him standing naked on an open road.
THAT would give those horses something to snort about !

Adam Warlock

As for Frost he was the best horse i`ve owned (haven`t had Shadowmere).
Beautiful , tough , and fearless.
A bit too fearless in the end but I`ve always had bad luck with my steeds in that regard.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts