1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

KEEPING FROST THE HORSE?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by AryoAsh, May 28, 2012.

1. AryoAsh Member

Message Count:
    Is there a way to keep Frost the horse without stealing him. I know you have to steal him for Black-Briar for the quest I'm on but will I be able to buy the horse after the quest? Or do I just have to keep him if I want him and not finish the quest?
  2. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    You'll have a few options when you speak to Louis. Some will allow you to keep Frost. If you can't figure it out when you speak to him then post here again and I or someone else can walk you through it.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    If Louis is being attacked when you meet up with him at the end of the quest , be sure to help him so he doesn`t get killed before you can talk with him about what to do with Frost .
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Jersey Dagmar Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

Message Count:
    I believe you can just threaten him that you'll go to Maven, and then you get to keep the horse. From what I remember.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Metas Redguard Battlemage

Message Count:
    This is the dialogue you should look for if you can intimidate or persuade him those are usually the times you can manipulate things
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ***Slight SPOILER***
    After I got Frost (R.I.P.) , Louis later sent a Thug to kill me.
    I don`t let things like that go unsettled so I went to Riften to look for him , but he had flown the coop.
    Finally ran into him standing in front of the Whiterun Stables , but now the S.O.B. is apparently unkillable.
    Really pisses me off and he`s become my third most hated NPC behind Alduin amd Elenwen.
    One day I will have my revenge . I don`t know how yet but it will happen.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Morgan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yeah, Nazeem thugged me and his body now rests on that little ledge just on the right before leaving Whiterun. He'll never hassle me about the Cloud District again though! Louis Letrush is all kinds of bugged though. No one really knows why he's essential after he gets to the Whiterun stables. Maybe he's a potential goal of a radiant quest? Also, without being too specific for spoilers, if you advance one of the main quests in a certain way, there's a very common bug where LL reduplicates himself several times over. So you may end up with three and a half Louis to hate, instead of one. All unkillable.

Edit: wait, you have the multiple Letrushes already don't you? I seem to remember you mentioning it in another post. Is my memory failing?
  8. Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No , just one so far.
    The prospect of more doesn`t bother me as much as the fact that each Louis apparently doesn`t respawn and can be pickpocketed only once.
    I catch myself wishing I had the perk to steal his clothes and leave him standing naked on an open road.
    THAT would give those horses something to snort about !
  9. Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    As for Frost he was the best horse i`ve owned (haven`t had Shadowmere).
    Beautiful , tough , and fearless.
    A bit too fearless in the end but I`ve always had bad luck with my steeds in that regard.