• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

It kind of throws me when I ask her who she is and she responds with "Just a pilgrim. I'd prefer to leave it at that if you don't mind."

Practically everyone else in Skyrim likes to give me his or her life story followed by their family history when I ask them a simple question. Or even if I don't address them at all. I can't walk down the street without any of the townsfolk talking to me about really personal issues such as their irritating children or stingy parents or dead siblings.

And if I show even the slightest bit of interest, they'll immediately give me a quest to help resolve their issues. "Hey, total stranger who has just walked into town. Would you care to risk your life delving into a dungeon to fetch a trinket that has sentimental value to me? Would you like to break the law and risk being arrested for stealing something on my behalf? Could you walk across the street and ask the captain about my missing daughter? Could you ask my dad to buy me a suit of armour?"

In a land where dragons are rising from the dead and otherworldly entities are forcing mortals to kill and torture and eat each other in order to expand their influence in this world, and walls with glowing runes that give me weird magical abilities, the strangest thing I have encountered seems to be someone who thinks I should mind my own business. :confused:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts