• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ganarchy

Hello all, this is my first post. I've been reading for quite a while and have gained LOTS of knowledge so far.

I ran across a problem I wanted to run past the board to see if there are any suggestions. I had J'Zargo as my follower while doing the Magic College questline. I also just started the Companions and took Aela (sp?) with me so J'Zargo was replaced. After the Companions quest I tracked him down to get back my loot and he is in the college and I'm unable to have him as my follower. I picked up the other mage whose name starts with a "U" but J'Zargo no longer is wearing my gear I gave him. After the Mage quests should he be available again (with my goods??) thanks for any help!

ganarchy

well when i went back to the college i didn't have a follower, talked to j'zargo and he just said something quest related, but when i talked to "Ubonde" or whatever his name is, he offered to join me. oh well, guess i'll try completing the mage college questline and see if that changes anything. Thanks!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
maybe you need to complete the quest for him where you test out his robe of fire scrolls?

ganarchy

maybe you need to complete the quest for him where you test out his robe of fire scrolls?
Finished the fire scroll quest too, before taking him as a follower. Didn't get any other quests from him, and I guess the point i'm at with the mage college ::::spoiler:::: (going to labrynthia to get staff), I'm thinking after I finish the quest and the college goes back to "normal", i'll have the ability to take him as a follower again.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I couldn’t interact with anybody in the College during the time where the Eye was there with Ancano doing his thing. Things went back to normal after that was sorted out.

However, J'zargo is a con-man, I wouldn’t be surprised if he's "lost" your gear. He was pretty useless in battle , in my case, died really quickly as he insisted on attaking with his bare fists despite being fully equipped. I am sure there are better mage followers in the game.

M'aiqaelF

However, J'zargo is a con-man, I wouldn’t be surprised if he's "lost" your gear. He was pretty useless in battle , in my case, died really quickly as he insisted on attaking with his bare fists despite being fully equipped. I am sure there are better mage followers in the game.

that's too bad....he's the best follower my lvl 50 guy ever had....although I had to hook him up w/ full dragon plate armor

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
MuchaelF, are you playing a warrior?

I gave J'zargo a staff, he insisted on a sword. I gave him the Dragonbane, he attacked a Dragon with his fists instead. He finally went into melee with a Dwemer robot boss , instead of shooting magic, and I left him naked and dead there. It gets old quickly, having to reload because your follower is buggy.

Or did I do something wrong? I play a mage, maybe the follower always attempts to complement your fighting by choosing a different attack method than you?

I.e. is it best for mages to have warrior followers and vice verasa?

Necromis

yeah it is always a good idea to match your follower to your needs, so if you are a mage get a tank to delay your enemies, if you are a tank get an archer or a mage to snipe at your enemies. The only exception to this rule is the sneakes as Ciciaro is a great follower for a sneak as he will sneak with you.

M'aiqaelF

MuchaelF, are you playing a warrior?

Or did I do something wrong? I play a mage, maybe the follower always attempts to complement your fighting by choosing a different attack method than you?

I.e. is it best for mages to have warrior followers and vice verasa?

yes, that character is a warrior and j'zargo would use magic or the staves I gave him.

That's an interesting theory, not sure if they try to complement your fighting style or simply use the most powerful weapon that they have.

The mage character i'm playing now has Lydia as a follower and it's best when she fights w/ sword and shield b/c then the flame atronach and I can just shoot fireballs while she swings her sword.

Panthera

Don Gato
I couldn’t interact with anybody in the College during the time where the Eye was there with Ancano doing his thing. Things went back to normal after that was sorted out.

J'zargo has 100 skill in destruction, illusion, one hand and heavy armor. It is the only follower who will lvl with you. If you prefer him as a purely ranged caster, a destruction staff, such as a staff of fireballs, can increase his magical damage output considerably.

ganarchy

Okay guys, I finished the Mage College quest, went to J'Zargo and he wasn't wearing my gear so I was immediately disappointed. However, once I invited him to follow me, he had all my gear! So it worked.

GumBurculeez

Finished the fire scroll quest too, before taking him as a follower. Didn't get any other quests from him, and I guess the point i'm at with the mage college ::::spoiler:::: (going to labrynthia to get staff), I'm thinking after I finish the quest and the college goes back to "normal", i'll have the ability to take him as a follower again.

That happened to me with my wife. I married the dark elf from the college and had her live in Whiterun but during the time that I was going to labrynthia and all that jazz, she was glitching out. All she would say is "what are we going to do?" over and over again. She wouldn't give me money or cook me anything. I tried beating her with my fist and all that did was make Lydia attack me. So after I reloaded the game and beat the mages quest-line she was back to normal plus she had like 2000 gold to give me, so it all worked out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts