Just met my first Draugr Death Overlord...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

... and he totally owned me the first time I tried fighting him.

The second time I blasted him with Fire Breath after the initial arrow, and then ran away as fast as I could. Eventually I managed to (accidentally) lure him far from the door he'd been guarding, and get the Word of Power I was after. :D
In my defense, I was only level 28. The Wiki says DDOs normally only appear at 37 and higher. :S

Have you ever encountered an enemy so strong/hard to kill that you've decided to flee?

Pijack

Indeed I have. Playing my stealth character and finding a Draugr Wight. I was lvl 1. I just couldn't kill it!

I was in Raven Rock and a Legendary Dragon attacked while I was on my 81 Resto/1h character. I didn't have any magic absorption or resistance at the time and he one shotted me with his breath attack. I play on Master. I've since capped my resistance along with 80% absorption and now laugh at Dragons :D

Saozig

Hippy
Wispmothers. The worst time was with my no-magic Bosmer when he was at a lower level and he and Faendal where exploring that tower/tunnel just north-east of Orphan's Rock. After running out of health potions it was a total Monty Python-esque "Run away! Run away!" moment.

And of course the classic fleeing from the pissed off Giant, with and without his crew of vengeful Mammoths. There was one time a royally miffed Mammoth was kicking my butt and I had to run into the exit for Silent Moon Camp, pull the chain to lower the iron gate (even though the Mammoth couln't fit through the door, it was comforting) and wait for it to go away.

Speaking of Silent Moon Camp, there was another time with my first character when she got her ass handed to her by those big mudcrabs in the pond nearby. Taught me to not underestimate those f***fers.

Beowin

A tip is using weapons/spells/shouts that does fire dmg, drauger deathlords as other draugers are weak against fire, so if you can do fire dmg then run and do it again and again. You will eventually kill it!

Chadonraz

A tip is using weapons/spells/shouts that does fire dmg, drauger deathlords as other draugers are weak against fire, so if you can do fire dmg then run and do it again and again. You will eventually kill it!

I'm just going to leave him there forever, half of his health gone (do enemies with partial health respawn?). :p
For some reason, Dawnbreaker failed to damage him when I fought him for the first time.

Beowin

I'm just going to leave him there forever, half of his health gone (do enemies with partial health respawn?). :p
For some reason, Dawnbreaker failed to damage him when I fought him for the first time.

I don't know... haven't noticed that deathlords have health regan as trolls, but the regan on trolls is usually not that good if you do decent dmg, and follow the '' damage the mob run, damage it again, run '' technique!

jcurr25

a drauger death overlord at lvl 28??? Wow I didn't see one until I was north of lvl 50 even though I have been on master difficulty. Even now being lvl 80 I only see ~ 1 per dungeon with draugers in it, most of what i get is just vanilla deathlords

Chadonraz

I guess that place simply has a DDO, and you're not supposed to go there at lower levels. But A Friend told me to go there... guess they aren't really a friend. :Dovahkiin:

I don't want to know what those things are like on Master, because I'm on Novice ( :D ) and it took two hits to kill me...

jcurr25

I guess that place simply has a DDO, and you're not supposed to go there at lower levels. But A Friend told me to go there... guess they aren't really a friend. :Dovahkiin:

I don't want to know what those things are like on Master, because I'm on Novice ( :D ) and it took two hits to kill me...
at this point, even on master I have no problem killing them. Keep in mind though that my daedric bow does 470dam + 78 fire 78 shock ;)

feliciano182

at this point, even on master I have no problem killing them. Keep in mind though that my daedric bow does 470dam + 78 fire 78 shock ;)

470 damage .................

Are you people crazy ?

Smithing my friend. My Dragonbone one-handed sword does 675 damage, not counting my enchants. I've had it up passed 900 when I was a Vamp/Necro but then you're just one shot non power attack killing everything on master and it's not fun.

feliciano182

Smithing my friend. My Dragonbone one-handed sword does 675 damage, not counting my enchants. I've had it up passed 900 when I was a Vamp/Necro but then you're just one shot non power attack killing everything on master and it's not fun.

You dudes exploit way too much ...

It's not an exploit, you just conjure a smithing potion and drink it before you temper your gear. It isn't any different than drinking any other potion before you do something.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
God Mode gets boring eventually...

25% isn't the cap, 29% is unless you're a Vamp/Necro, then it's 32%. And you can do it on five pieces. You can wear a Falmer Helmet or Pentius Oculatus Helmet with a circlet. 29% x 5 allows for 149% smithing potions. But there are exploits that let you go far, far beyond that. But like he said above, god mode gets boring.

Wildroses

One case where I gave up was going to Orphan's Rock to fetch Nettlebane. On low levels if I'm trying to avoid dying for roleplay reasons, I just can't do it. That stupid Hagraven has too many traps around her rock, and because she's up on her big rock she can see you coming miles away and leisurely pelt you with fireballs while you're running in circles trying to figure out how the hell to climb her rock. Too hard.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I nearly ragequit on Sigdis Gauldurson the first time I fought him, mainly because I had been disarmed too many times. I can "fondly" remember being unable to retrieve my jettisoned gear and had to forge myself a new weapon.

In terms of my character's life genuinely being in peril, though, I ended up facing a Draugr Death Overlord at the end of Silverdrift Lair (at around level 29, oddly enough). I nearly ran the length of the tomb and back whilst healing myself and sneaking in a couple of hits. Another occasion was a wave of Draugr Scourge in Snow Veil Sanctum. Mercer was no help at all.

Chadonraz

^ In the final fight in the quest involving Sigdis I lost both of my Ebony Swords. I really, really, really hate that guy.
I put off doing the final part because I knew what was coming, but in the end decided to just get it over with.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts