• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
So, since Morrowind is 5 bucks (yey) I bought it. Here are my thoughts:

1. The controls are really fluffed up. I've tried remapping them to what I'm familiar with, but it's not quite perfect.

2. The music is incredible.

3. My character runs like he has chafing between his legs and has to keep them apart.

4. Some familiar voice actors from Oblivion! Yay!

5. Argonians look awesome.

I'm liking it so far. I chose my sign and class and stuff.

So, any mods I should get? I plan to hit up the Nexus after I'm done playing. Any graphical improvement mods you recommend? Particularly to improve the character models. They're kind of cute looking, but I'd prefer something more realistic.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
So, since Morrowind is 5 bucks (yey) I bought it. Here are my thoughts:

1. The controls are really fluffed up. I've tried remapping them to what I'm familiar with, but it's not quite perfect.

2. The music is incredible.

3. My character runs like he has chafing between his legs and has to keep them apart.

4. Some familiar voice actors from Oblivion! Yay!

5. Argonians look awesome.

I'm liking it so far. I chose my sign and class and stuff.

So, any mods I should get? I plan to hit up the Nexus after I'm done playing. Any graphical improvement mods you recommend? Particularly to improve the character models. They're kind of cute looking, but I'd prefer something more realistic.
I remapped the controls so they are similar to Oblivion's.
Another thing I think is really firetrucked up is the combat. At first I thought the hit detection was just horrible, but then I found out that it works something like a pen & paper RPG. Every time you attack, an invisible die rolls and calculates, according to your skills, if you've hit the target. Unlike other TES games, the skill doesn't affect the damage you inflict.
Yea I should really stop talking now.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Another thing I think is really firetrucked up is the combat. At first I thought the hit detection was just horrible, but then I found out that it works something like a pen & paper RPG. Every time you attack, an invisible die rolls and calculates, according to your skills, if you've hit the target. Unlike other TES games, the skill doesn't affect the damage you inflict.

The combat is abhorrent. I've even turned the difficulty all the way down to see if that affects it, but it doesn't. I hit maybe 10% of the time. I got killed by 2 cave rats. Twice.

It does suck, so I've been avoiding combat so far.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
The combat is abhorrent. I've even turned the difficulty all the way down to see if that affects it, but it doesn't. I hit maybe 10% of the time. I got killed by 2 cave rats. Twice.

It does suck, so I've been avoiding combat so far.
Look, if you dont want, turn dont do it, but I'd suggest you try to create another character trying to be good at some type of combat.
35-45 should be sorta good.... Well at least for magic, haven't played melee yet.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Look, if you dont want, turn dont do it, but I'd suggest you try to create another character trying to be good at some type of combat.
35-45 should be sorta good.... Well at least for magic, haven't played melee yet.

I think I did put short blade and long blade as major skills. I'm not sure if it really helped.

I guess I'll have to power through it until I get to a good enough level that I can kill stuff.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
I think I did put short blade and long blade as major skills. I'm not sure if it really helped.

I guess I'll have to power through it until I get to a good enough level that I can kill stuff.
Another thing I think that could be better is the money. It's too damn easy to find money. I dunno about you, but I managed to leave Seyda Neen with 1200 septims in less than 10 minutes.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
It's really hard to begin with but you wana start off with a long blade and twat everything in sight you will soon get your long blade skill up past a level where you hit more things than you miss. My best advice is look for mudcrabs early on they are probably the slowest thing to go Jackie Chan on.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Oh I forgot to say when you get to Balmora only join one of the fighters or thives guild untill you get to a fairly high level or like me on my first playthrough you will get stuck.
surrender.gif

Jei El

We will be avenged.
Alchemy never fails for gold too. Get a Mortar and Pestle and mix Cliff Racer plumes and this other ingredient. It's a thorn thing.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I've gotten into the guilds already. I've gotten the diamonds for the Thieves' guild and killed the Cave Rats for the Fighters' guild. The mage's guild quest is ridiculous so I'm not really bothering with that yet.

Alchemy never fails for gold too. Get a Mortar and Pestle and mix Cliff Racer plumes and this other ingredient. It's a thorn thing.

Alright, but I'm sticking near the towns until I've got 50-60 in a weapon skill. I wouldn't stand a chance against Cliff racers.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
I've gotten into the guilds already. I've gotten the diamonds for the Thieves' guild and killed the Cave Rats for the Fighters' guild. The mage's guild quest is ridiculous so I'm not really bothering with that yet.

Alright, but I'm sticking near the towns until I've got 50-60 in a weapon skill. I wouldn't stand a chance against Cliff racers.
I haven't played much so I dunno, but what are the cliff racers and why does everyone hate them?

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I haven't played much so I dunno, but what are the cliff racers and why does everyone hate them?

I haven't encountered any yet, but think "big pterodactyls that go SKREEEE and attack in packs every 2 seconds."

Jei El

We will be avenged.
Chowder, type in the command box ( type ` to get to) and type coc balmora. Then go to the alchemist shop.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Chowder, type in the command box ( type ` to get to) and type coc balmora. Then go to the alchemist shop.

I'm in Balmora right now, actually. I'll have to check out the Alchemist shop.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
I'm in Balmora right now, actually. I'll have to check out the Alchemist shop.
Ok, more noob questions.
What's so good at the Alchemist shop in Balmora?

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
So, I created a Nord Barbarian earlier today.
I found the body of a tax collector and started a quest to find his killer and bring him/her to justice.
When I caught the killer, he resisted so I killed him. I busted my *ss to kill him, so I went to sleep at his house. I woke up, not healed, but being attacked by a DB assassin! I managed to kill the bastard, and went to sleep again. Guess what? ANOTHER ASSASSIN. It ended up being good for me, as their armor is GREAT and I sold for thousands of septims the other pieces. But I'm sorry, I barely started playing, I was still at lvl 1, who could have hired the DB to kill me? Really, I almost died at that time...

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
OMG, combat suddenly makes sense now...at first I thought I was doing something wrong...and suddenly, I'm starting to wish I had actually participated in Dungeons and Dragons night instead of chain smoking and nursing a fifth of vodka.

Both you guys know about my horrible Morrowind graphics overhaul mod fiasco, so I'm hesitant to mod my newly-refurbished game (thanks again Chowder :)), but before I destroyed my game with that immense waste of HDD space, one mod that I LOVED was called Graphic Herbivory. I'm super into alchemy, have always been, not surprising given that I clean my bathroom with baking soda and lemon juice simply because I like to watch it bubble. But what this mod does is essentially makes picking alchemy ingredients like it is in Skyrim: you don't gotta open that stupid window and click a bunch of buttons anymore, you just activate the plant and it tells you if you got anything or not....and it also prunes the plant so you can see which ones you picked. It made me super happy. It's on this website ManaUser's Morrowind Mods it's the second one down in the "Mods" section. If you're into alchemy (it's a super easy way to make cash, provided you start out with high enough Alchemy skill), this mod is for you.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
Another thing I found out, it's too god damn hard to be a mage in this game. If your magicka's depleted, you're f***ed. I start out a fight with a barbarian rocking with my fire bite, my magicka bar empties and the guy just busts my arse hand-to-hand, even though I'm using a sword.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Yeah, I've noticed that the restore magicka/fatigue potions are waaaaaay more important in this game than ES IV or V...I never used a fatigue potion until I played this one. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts