PC Just finished game and here is my long rewiev :)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So I just finished main quest in skyrim and not trying to hate game coz its brilliant but I feel I need to say something :)
Oblivion was much more better and I give 3/5 to Skyrim

Srry for grammar it was fast writing

Soo
Skyrim wins
-gameplay
-terrain
-part of the atmosphere

Oblivion
-better quests
-terrain(citties)
-and also one part of the atmosphere

Now lets star (SPOILERS AHEAD)
Dark brotherhood
-Oblivion: you kill someone and you are approached by them...quests are very good and interesting and you had ranks giving you more feeling you are actually becoming somehing...
Some really nice twists all in all 5/5

-Skyrim: you are given quest by a boy ?..and whole town knows boy is calling them and no one actually tries to interfere ?.Seriously if you are an assassin you would take contract from a boy ?..I dont think so.They are some nice quests and twists too but nothing special and presentation really ruined for me.I never actually cared for any assassin since they got kids running around and weird assassins soo its 3/5

Mages guild
-Oblivion: you actually had to prove you are worthy by going to all cities and taking quests...you had to build your own staff which you kinda love and necromancers were nicely introduced in game.
Little long but all in all really nice quest and mage guild had nice HQ 4.5/5

-Skyrim: you just come and cast some spell and you are given entrance to the so called mages guild...after your first class you are instantly sent to Sarthal and you are given quest to investigate it even if you are just one day in guild...no sense to me and really easy to become archmage 4/5

Thief guild
-Oblivion: you know..you were actually thief here..you know going around stealing thigs and making big plans with badass gray fox to sabotage Imperials and steal elder scrolls if I am right ?
all in all very fun line so its 5/5

-Skyrim: are you fluffin kidding me ?...whole town know about them and you never actually feel like a thief..first part of their questline is some fight for mead with a lot of plot holes and second one just doenst feel right...heck since when thiefes use super armors and are like holy and have honour and speak to gods O.O...nightngale part of the story just dont fit them its more for DB
Anyhow I couldnt wait to finish their quest line so its 2.5/5 or 3/5 not sure

Fighters
-Oblivion: well it was kind of cheap tasks in the beginning and the storyline could have been little better but all in all it was very fun quest line with a lot of diversity so its 4.5/5

-Skyrim: well I never really got feelings for any of these guys nor I care for them.Those silver hunters just dont make sense and they dont have anyone to talk to or leader or something...whole time I was under immpresion I am fighting some common bandits not werewolf hunters and werewold is nice part to gameplay
Anyhow its 4/5

Arena ?
I guess nords should have one or I havent found one yet

Main quest
Oblivion; pretty much its good presentation and secret cults are always cool...there were some nice missions like Kvatch liberation and breakin in their cave...also last battle betwen Martin and Mehrunes Dagon I think was pretty epic to watch..all in all its simple good vs bad guys and I loved it soo its 5/5

Skyrim: well I feel like main quest is forced to end too quickly...Sure dragons are always cool and Thalmor embassy is one of my favorite missions but there are just not enough missions involving thalmors and main quest...well I rushed to end it already and last battle was far too easy and nothing special...some nice twists like Parathrunx but all in all dissapointed me.I feel like it was made to satisfy kids who want to wield sword and kill dragons.

About gameplay Skyrim simply owns oblivion
So all in all I feel Skyrim was made just for cool combat coz actual world and cities just dont make you feel like you want to explore city..well at least me
It doesnt feel like there is life in cities if you got me what I am saying
Skyrim really feels like gameplay oriented game

Anyhow srry for long post heh :$
cheers

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts