1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Just dl'ed Hearthfire.. Having a problem..

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by G4RL1K, Sep 5, 2012.

1. G4RL1K

G4RL1K New Member

Dl'ed the add on w/ no problem. Loaded game. Courier runs at me giving me two letters. I read the adoption letter and a new misc. quest pops up. I read the 'breezehome furnishings' lettter and no quest.

Talked to the lady about adotion and after a few words tells me that I can not adopt til I have a home w/ room for the kids.

Yet, no new quest pops up.

Attempted fixes: Re-read letter.. Re-loaded game.. Re-started xbox..

Sadly nothing has helped to this point so I'm hoping someone on here might know what's going on. I hope I'm not glitched or something because this is my main char. :sadface:

Note: No present bounties in any Hold.
  2. T0BY FLENDERS0N

T0BY FLENDERS0N New Member

You need to put a childs room in your house before you can adopt. Just buy the upgrade from dragonsreach steward or build a house. You don't need the letter just do one of the jarl quests in tfalkreath, morthol, or dawnstar then talk to their stewards to buy a plot of land.