Jurgen's horn glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

pkmnking

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and I have quite an odd glitch. I have completed the objective of talking with the innkeeper (I got the mysterious note). Oddly enough, I have a red 'X' in my objective for obtaining the jurgen's horn. I clearly have it in my inventory, but the game fails to recognize it. I've tried the setstage console command but since I don't have the horn it fails to show the NPCs (the ones who teaches you shouts). I don't have an earlier save file for it except for one which is really old (the one where you obtain the golden claw) and I just defeated the dragon for the blade of the dark or something like that. Do any of you have any idea what I should do? Thanks.

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
Complete the quest anyway, I had the same problem when I went to get the horn and it had be taken already. I went to the NPC that left the note, obtained the horn from them (even though it still did not register that I had received it) and went to turn it in. I completed the quest by doing this, even with the red 'x' telling me I did not obtain the horn. Hope that helps!

pkmnking

Complete the quest anyway, I had the same problem when I went to get the horn and it had be taken already. I went to the NPC that left the note, obtained the horn from them (even though it still did not register that I had received it) and went to turn it in. I completed the quest by doing this, even with the red 'x' telling me I did not obtain the horn. Hope that helps!
The thing is, the NPC isn't even there...

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
Once you have the horn in your inventory, you cannot get rid of it as it is a quest item. So eventually, I would think anyway, you will be able to turn it in. Hopefully sooner than later. You should be able to go to High Hrothgar and as soon as you enter the monastery the quest conclusion begins.

pkmnking

Never mind, I found them. Apparently I had to sleep a few hours to see them in the temple. Thanks for the help!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts