Spoiler Joining the Dark Brotherhood

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
I haven't seen a thread about this yet and thought it would be helpful to members of the forum who wish to join the Assassin Family. It's just a quick step-by-step guide to gain an invitation to the Brotherhood.
1. Go to the village of Ivarstead and enter the Inn. Ask the barkeep about rumors. He will tell you about a boy in Windhelm, Aventus Arentino, who is trying to contact the Dark Brotherhood.
2. Now you can track a miscellaneous quest to Aventus. Go speak to him and he will give you a quest to kill the old lady who ran his old orphanage.
3. Go to Riften and kill the woman and return to Aventus.
4. He will reward you with his family hierloom and this will seemingly be the end of the line.
5. Go anywhere with a bed that you can use (any guild your a part of, your home, or 10g in an inn) and sleep for a few hours.
6. When you wake up you will be in an abandoned shack with Astrid. She will go through some dialogue and tell you to kill one of her 3 captives. Kill at least on of them and she will release you. She will also invite you to become a member of her "Family"
7. Travel to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary and begin your new life as an Assassin. Quests can be obtained from Astrid and there are side quests available from Nazir.
The armor obtained from the Dark Brotherhood is very,very useful for those who play characters that sneak and utilize backstab. (Muffled boots, x2 backstab bonus, etc.)
Hope this helps anyone who was stumped on how to join and enjoy! :)

Obscure.Ref.Girl

Carpe' Jugular
I got the rumor in Whiterun @ level 4 to head to Winterhold and see the kid, but this guide helped me get in almost right away

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts