PC Jarl Balgruuf and other Jarls dialogue glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lancelot

There are spoilers ahead about the main quest!!

I have this glitch/problem with Jarl Balgruuf and some other Jarls and people. Whenever I try talking to them, whether for a quest or just like that, I keep getting the same dialogue all the time and it has to do with the part when all these people were at the Thalmor Embassy party thing (I finished that quest a long time ago). Dialogue usually goes about how they're enjoying the party, what do they think about the Thalmor and to cause a scene. Usually I console pass a quest where I have to talk to those people and all goes fine and dandy. Except that now I'm doing the main quest and I got to the point where I have to talk to Jarl Balgruuf and he has to help me set the trap to catch the Dragon. But the console didn't do anything!! He stays in his chair and doesn't move. So now I can't advance and I really really want to finish the main quest!

Anybody help, please! Thanks is advance!!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Do you have a recent save before you started Season Unending?

Have you started either the Stormcloak or Imperial faction quest line? If you have then have you finished the quest line?

Lancelot

Uhm nope and nope. I was thinking of starting the Stormcloak/Imperial quests after the main one, I really wanted to have a bad ass dragon fighting for me...

Dagmar

If you haven't resolved the civil war going on in Skyrim in favor of either the Stormcloaks or the Empire this particular quest can have different results based on the dialogue options you choose, and it may be the reason why setquest commands wont work here.

You have a much bigger problem with the general glitch regarding dialogue options. I haven't read about something like that anywhere. Are you using mods? Other than using setquest commands to work around this bug do you use console commands much?

Lancelot

I'll try joining one of the two camps see if it fixes it. Also, I don't use the console, but to go around the annoying dialogue bug.
This is sad :<

Dagmar

Yeah I don't want to worry you but you may want to report the dialogue glitch to Bethesda. That kind of bug isn't acceptable and if it can be duplicated they really need to fix it because who knows what other kinds of trouble it's going to cause down the line.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts