1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

It's Impossible To Kill The Dog In Fallout 4

Discussion in 'RPG News and Discussion' started by Peter Paltridge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Administrator

View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 2
  2. dunklunk

dunklunk You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.

Good! That's the least they coulda done for such a loyal companion. Not to mention he'll wind up doing stupid stuff for you, too. Stuff you can't/won't do yourself.

3. SaveVsBedWet

SaveVsBedWet Well-Known Member

Why was this necessary? There are no indestructible dogs. Is this the new shill to dog lovers edition of Fallout?

4. Mercutio

Mercutio Assistant Regional Manager

Thank the Lord! In Fallout 3 I couldn't take Dogmeat out with me because I was so scared of him dying so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Harc

Harc Knight-Paladin Aurelion

Hmmm, this may appeal more to the casual gamer, though I'm guessing you don't have to take the dog everywhere you go.

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    lizardisok: 16 Points Apr 30, 2016
  6. Restless

Restless Well-Known Member

Why not just have a perk you can get (WITHOUT DLC, wallet munching cretins...) that is basically the same as Puppies! in FO:3?

7. Benthos

Benthos Proud Mer

Well, in New Vegas they came up with the immortal companions in casual mode so why not here as well? Does this mean we can have Hardcore mode and risk the dog dying that way? Not that I would WANT him to die but I kinda liked having the option of realism in my game (as much as it can be provided).

8. Reaper87

Reaper87 吉光

Thank goodness! I can live in complete satisfaction that my dog will not die, no matter how emotionally attached to it I get! I keep having flashbacks to the first time Shadowmere died on one of my first characters - I accidentally jumped off of a blind summit near Saarthal and couldn't reload a suitable save :sadface:

Oh well, you live and you learn in Skyrim, as they say:Dragonborn:

And plus, Dogmeat is a German Shepherd, I absolutely adore those dogs and I own one too :D
    Therefore, having (an immortal) one in Fallout would further immerse me in my character.

9. Mercutio

Mercutio Assistant Regional Manager

Note to self: Don't jump off high places in Skyrim. Although when I did I always found him later randomly.