It took me 2000 hours to realize...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
the reason you don't get any arrows back when you shoot mudcrabs is the arrows bounce off and land somewhere around your feet.

Also, you can go in the back door of Northwatch keep and rescue Thorald without all that bother. Just a couple of guards and the interrogator.

And in other news, I know horses are a waste of money in Skyrim and I myself have called spending $1000 a "stupid tax". But my first and only horse, which I got at about level 12, the paint you get in Markarth, just died at level 68. It wasn't even her fault! She died as a result of hard landing on fast travel. That made me so sad.

Lucid

Arrows also bounce off dwarven constructs, and can be picked up off tbe ground.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I like horses, other than the fact that as soon as I reach a gallop a bear or wolves appear. Now, the Oblivion horses... those were worthless.

JoeReese

I always get a horse, but I rarely ride it. The hidden value of Skyrim horses is that you can fast-travel while over-encumbered. For loot hoarders like me, that means I stash everything in a trunk or urn near the front door, and when I'm done pillaging, I load up, trudge to the horse, and fast-travel home.

ColleenG

My horses and my followers have made me a better warrior. When I first started playing, I regularly killed my horses and pissed off my followers until they quit me because I wasn't good with my weaponry or my magic and was always hammering them by accident. Now, I virtually never hit them. Although I do take the Black book perk that protects your followers. But that doesn't work on horses or dogs or what have you.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I stopped taking a dog as a follower after accidentally "FUSing" my puppy off a very high mountain.:oops:
Only horse I was sad about dying was Frost. She died while defending me from a bandit attack at Lakeview manor. I love Shadowmere, but sometimes I ride her and get off a LONG way from my destination because I am mainly a stealthy character and Shadowmere refuses to crouch ;) Oh and I love it when she is not in the spot that I left her.. that's always fun.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I stopped taking a dog as a follower after accidentally "FUSing" my puppy off a very high mountain.:oops:
Only horse I was sad about dying was Frost. She died while defending me from a bandit attack at Lakeview manor. I love Shadowmere, but sometimes I ride her and get off a LONG way from my destination because I am mainly a stealthy character and Shadowmere refuses to crouch ;) Oh and I love it when she is not in the spot that I left her.. that's always fun.
My Frost died when I was attacking a bandit camp last time. I thought I had left frost far enough away from the camp, and yet when I came out of the building, Frost had run up the stairs and was on the upper level of the camp stomping bandits! They overwhelmed him of course, and I could not shoot them all in time to save his life. Silly horse... I imagine that he now prances in whatever afterlife exists for heroic horses. :beermug:

Annageckos

I seem to spend more time looking for Frost than I do riding him. I usually stand near where I left him, use the Aura Whisper shout and look for the horse-shaped glowing blob.

Oh Frost... I just did the quest to get him. It was interesting. Had to reload once because I couldn't find him. I was on my way to go meet up with Louis Letrush and there was a group of five or so bandits. I tried to avoid them but they detected us so I jumped off of Frost and killed all the bandits. Then went back to get Frost and he was nowhere to be found, looked all over for him but just reloaded a save. Then going the same route and there is a spriggin, great. Run Frost back to the road and jump off. I'm running to kill the spriggin when I hear hoofbeats behind me. And there goes Frost, to save the day. After killing the spriggin and a few wolves Frost takes off after a (hostile) deer. So I'm chasing Frost who is chasing the deer and my stamina bar is flashing. Finally catch him and meet Letrush, finish the deal, get to keep Frost and a bear attacks. It was a very busy evening.

Jewels

POTATO
Horses help when you're in the middle of nowhere, and you can't run or fast travel because you carry too much. Just ride to a little town and sell the stuff. Easy, that's what horsies are for xD I wish you could teach your kids to ride a horse or pony tho. Would be fun, but apparently my kids are 'busy' with their Daddy, Vilkas, teaching them how to 'hunt and fish'. Vilkas can fish... Who knew? But I just don't think Skyrim is centered on all that family junk. Sorry. Got a bit off topic there

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Does anyone else have Letrush turn up at Whiterun Stables after you take Frost off him? He just stands there, staring at me...
Yes...and then one day, there were two of him, and then three but the third was waist deep in the ground. Love the glitches.

wow! :eek: sounds like my ever expanding Falkreath guard glitch. Every time I fast travel there, they are having a meeting at the gates and there are more and more of them. It's getting to the point where I can hardly move for being surrounded by a mob of guards. Oh and if it's at night, every single one of them is holding a torch.

sticky runes

I had a horse that lasted me quite a long time, and then out of nowhere, a bloodhorker came running up to me hacked my horse to death with his sword. We weren't even anywhere near the coast, I was on my way to Ivarstead from Riften, so I don't know what a pirate was doing all the way out here...

ColleenG

I seem to spend more time looking for Frost than I do riding him. I usually stand near where I left him, use the Aura Whisper shout and look for the horse-shaped glowing blob.

Oh Frost... I just did the quest to get him. It was interesting. Had to reload once because I couldn't find him. I was on my way to go meet up with Louis Letrush and there was a group of five or so bandits. I tried to avoid them but they detected us so I jumped off of Frost and killed all the bandits. Then went back to get Frost and he was nowhere to be found, looked all over for him but just reloaded a save. Then going the same route and there is a spriggin, great. Run Frost back to the road and jump off. I'm running to kill the spriggin when I hear hoofbeats behind me. And there goes Frost, to save the day. After killing the spriggin and a few wolves Frost takes off after a (hostile) deer. So I'm chasing Frost who is chasing the deer and my stamina bar is flashing. Finally catch him and meet Letrush, finish the deal, get to keep Frost and a bear attacks. It was a very busy evening.

I had one of those experiences too! It was the character I was playing before my current one. Two bears, two spriggans, 3 bandits, and a dragon. Not in a neat succession, either. I was inundated. Then, with my current character, I was all gun shy and cautious, and nothing at all happened. Not one attack.

xsneakyxsimx

I was going through Halted Stream Camp the other day and I found out that it has unique dialogue for the two bandits by the mammoth. I had just never gotten close enough to activate it until then.

Latest posts