Xbox 360 Issues with latest "Downloadable Content" for XBox 360. Please help!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Joel G.

Is anybody else having issues downloading the new "downloadable content" for Skyrim that is mandatory in the xbox 360? About 2 weeks ago I put in the disk to play and it tells me that i have 25MB of "downloadable content" that I have do to download to my XBox 360 or I will be kicked off of XBox live before playing the game.

I figured it was just a new software patch (there have been several since i bought the game initially), so I tried to download it, but every time it gets to the 75% mark of download, my xbox spits out a "cannot download content, check your xbox live connection" error. I know its not a connection issue, because I play Halo 4 online multiplayer for hours and have no loading issues whatsoever. I also recently downloaded the ESPN3 app to my xbox with no issues, and that file is way bigger than 25MB.

Just in case I checked that to see if I had space in my hard drive, and it said that I had 10Gig available, so its not a space issue.

The worst problem that I have now is that it won't even let me play the game, even while offline (off of Xbox live). After I hit the initial "start" button to start, the game will show a "applying downloadable content" window while trying to load in the main menu and get stuck there. It is similar to the window that comes up if you have the dawnguard DLC and it says "applying add-ons" every time that you start.

So i think the game/360 thinks that it downloaded the code, but it may not have downloaded all of it??? It is really getting frustrating because I've tried to download the code several times, and am still getting the same exact results.

If you have had this issue, please help, don't want to go another two weeks without finishing up some of my quests!

Pharaun159

Have you tried clearing the games cache files? It kinda sucks because it wipes out all updates, but starting from scratch is better then nothing. Also, do you have skyrim installed to your xbox?

Joel G.

Have you tried clearing the games cache files? It kinda sucks because it wipes out all updates, but starting from scratch is better then nothing. Also, do you have skyrim installed to your xbox?

Thanks for the response. I found my issue. It was a bad wireless accessory to my xbox. Everytime it would try to download that huge file, it would get stuck. Very weird because i can play games online no problem with it, but i guess downloads are too much for it. i plugged the xbox directly to my modem via ethernet cable and it worked fine!

Pharaun159

Thanks for the response. I found my issue. It was a bad wireless accessory to my xbox. Everytime it would try to download that huge file, it would get stuck. Very weird because i can play games online no problem with it, but i guess downloads are too much for it. i plugged the xbox directly to my modem via ethernet cable and it worked fine!

No prob.

JClarke1953

What I did, I put what game progression I had on an external HDD. Then I dl'd the content, and inserted my game progression back into my XBox. I had 3-chars at that time, and it worked out pretty well for all three of them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts