Is there a way to get into the room in the abandoned cave?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Every so often a random quest will lead here and when it does that quest is permanently blocked from completing, its all because of this damn door it leads to which there is no way of opening, it doesn't say "requires key" or "locked" or anything like that, just "door" it is extremely annoying and i've never been able to find an explanation as to why this door cannot be opened.. sound familiar? is there any possible way to open this door?

AS88

Staff member
^ Damn, beat me to it :p

The door you're talking about is 'barred from the other side,' I believe. It's a fun place, be careful on the jumps and try not to get surrounded ;)

Chadonraz

That place (got recently sent there for the first time ever) was the most fun I'd had since "Touching the Sky". :rolleyes:

The barred door got me, too. Stupid quest marker was of no help at all, even after I found the proper way to enter the dungeon. So I just killed everything. :D

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
so its not a glitch after all.. then why does the way point lead strait into the barred door? that makes no sense, how was anyone supposed to figure out that you're supposed to jump down some random hole? :confused:

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
That place (got recently sent there for the first time ever) was the most fun I'd had since "Touching the Sky". :rolleyes:

The barred door got me, too. Stupid quest marker was of no help at all, even after I found the proper way to enter the dungeon. So I just killed everything. :D

Touching the Sky... Forgotten Vale, right?

That's one of my very favorite quests and locations in all of Skyrim. That place is amazing and was very, very well conceived imo.

Chadonraz

That's one of my very favorite quests and locations in all of Skyrim. That place is amazing and was very, very well conceived imo.

That's it, yes. However I didn't really have fun most of the time, hence the :rolleyes:
Crawling through masses of Falmer and Chaurus (Hunters) is not my idea of fun. :Dovahkiin:

The Vale is really cool, though. I've been meaning to go back, as I haven't used all the paragons yet.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
sightless pit.. turns out it was the hole right on the other side of it, really fun place too! tons of falmer and chaurus to beat down and lots of interesting loot.. i shall come back sometime. :D

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

That's it, yes. However I didn't really have fun most of the time, hence the :rolleyes:
Crawling through masses of Falmer and Chaurus (Hunters) is not my idea of fun. :Dovahkiin:

The Vale is really cool, though. I've been meaning to go back, as I haven't used all the paragons yet.

It's one of those things where the more you go back the more you appreciate it. At least for me it was. My first time through I vowed to never return but I'm a reroller so now I know it really well. It doesn't have much revisit value sadly unless you are an explorer and like to mine. They have a lot of ore along the edge of the map so exploring is rarely a waste of time there. I like to collect Vale pelts too.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts