Is Morrowind worth buying? If so, what would the required PC specs be?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vocc

Vocc
I have played and enjoyed greatly, Oblivion on Xbox but I have heard good things about Morrowind and I was wondering if it was worth buying. I have an old laptop and my specs are the following:

• Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
  • T5270 @ 1.40GHz
  • 1.40GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM
  • Running Windows XP
Any idea if this would be okay to run Morrowind at a decent level?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
What graphic card do you have on that laptop?

Here's recommendations

• Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon
  • Memory: 256 MB
  • Graphics: 32MB Direct3D Compatible video card with 32-bit color support and DirectX 8.1
  • DirectX®: 8.1
  • Hard Drive: 1GB free hard disk space
  • Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

Vocc

Vocc
What graphic card do you have on that laptop?

Here's recommendations

• Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon
  • Memory: 256 MB
  • Graphics: 32MB Direct3D Compatible video card with 32-bit color support and DirectX 8.1
  • DirectX®: 8.1
  • Hard Drive: 1GB free hard disk space
  • Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
Is there any way to tell? Because from when I was trying to play Minecraft - I was told something like my drivers for my graphics card wasn't up to date but I gave up trying to update them.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Right-click "My computer" icon. From there select "Properties", and then move to "Device manager". Graphics card should show up under "Display adapters" when you left-click it.

I hope this helps.

Xero

I played Morrowind the day it came out, but never really appreciated it. I just purchased it again from Steam. Well spent $10.

Derpo

I have played and enjoyed greatly, Oblivion on Xbox but I have heard good things about Morrowind and I was wondering if it was worth buying. I have an old laptop and my specs are the following:

• Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
  • T5270 @ 1.40GHz
  • 1.40GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM
  • Running Windows XP
Any idea if this would be okay to run Morrowind at a decent level?
Morrowind was my childhood, the combat mechanics is plops. but the atmosphere and quests are amazing. as well as the soundtrack and stories. although morrowind is home to extremely weird characters

Derpo

Also, the graphics weren't to shabby for its time. ALOT of ingame armor and weapons look amazing even now. atleast you could have a literal flaming sword in morrowind instead of a sword glowing red. also the quests are MUCH more rewarding and satisfying than its successors albeit alot harder to obtain so id say yes. worth it.

Rextoret

top kek
I have less than 1 GB of ram, actually around half. (I know, it sucks.) But even with that little memory it can still run at max pixel count. (Close to 1000x850 I think.) Oh, and my other specs are just as bad. But it stills runs super smoothly and is definately a great game, I say you should get it if you haven't yet. It still gets a fair amount of attention from fans, even more so considering that Morroblivion just came out. I plan to do a youtube Let's Play of it aswell. Good luck to you if you do get, because as Derpo said the combat wasn't the best. Sorry if i'm ranting, but have fun!

Killeri404

Morrowind FTW!
Without any mods even a mini-laptop with a price of 100$ bought this or last year can run it easily. Samsung Galaxy S3 would have specs for it. No windows though

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts