• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I keep being told that the TG questline in Oblivion is great so I decided to start it.

Now I'm being told that I have to break in to peoples homes and steal at least 50 gold in stuff from them and sell it to a fence to even be considered?

I don't want to be just a common thief and I hate breaking in to people's homes and stealing their stuff for no reason (at least in Skyrim there are contracts to consider).

Is it worth it? Really? Really, really?

Is there special armor or weapons or some reward that makes being a complete feeb worth it?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
You have to play through the questline. I would say it is worth it. Think of the random robbery as "practice."

You get some pretty cool quests, and a nice story. (I know personally I robbed one persons house for all the gold I need to steal. I think it was the second contract in Bruma... Anyway.) Basically steal a ton now then you can do a clean run later so you dont have to feel like a petty larcenist.

Daelon DuLac

You have to play through the questline. I would say it is worth it. Think of the random robbery as "practice."

You get some pretty cool quests, and a nice story. (I know personally I robbed one persons house for all the gold I need to steal. I think it was the second contract in Bruma... Anyway.) Basically steal a ton now then you can do a clean run later so you dont have to feel like a petty larcenist.
Thanks. I wonder if I can clean out the two houses I already broke in to in the Imperial City. They certainly have more than 50 gp in goods out in the open, plus there's nobody in either one at the moment, or, oh wait! I could just go in that basement and steal a bunch of crap. Nobody's there and I can escape into the sewers!

Thanks. I wonder if I can clean out the two houses I already broke in to in the Imperial City. They certainly have more than 50 gp in goods out in the open, plus there's nobody in either one at the moment, or, oh wait! I could just go in that basement and steal a bunch of crap. Nobody's there and I can escape into the sewers!

You should go to Bruma and go to Jghasta's House. As long as you aren't doing a specified DB quest, he won't be there and there is a lot of stuff in is house you can steal and afterwards, just go sell it to Ongar. Also be sure to check the cask that looks like its holding mead or something on either the 1st or 2nd floor; it has a full set of Black Hand Apparel that can actually be quite useful and is worth a pretty penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daelon DuLac

You should go to Bruma and go to Jghasta's House. As long as you aren't doing a specified DB quest, he won't be there and there is a lot of stuff in is house you can steal and afterwards, just go sell it to Ongar. Also be sure to check the cask that looks like its holding mead or something on either the 1st or 2nd floor; it has a full set of Black Hand Apparel that can actually be quite useful and is worth a pretty penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I shall do that. I have to go back to Bruma shortly anyhow on the main quest so... as long as I'm in the neighborhood... :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts