• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
For $15 or £12, whatever currency you use, is this game really worth it? I have read up the features, and they sound good, the game time is long (80 hours) and I will receive all DLC's, but I'm afraid after playing both Oblivion and Skyrim I will be disappointed with this game. Please give me general opinions, and a reason stating why I should. :)

NOTE: I will read every comment, please keep it on topic.

System specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)​
System Manufacturer: Packard Bell​
System Model: ixtreme M3720​
BIOS: Default System BIOS​
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz​
Memory: 4096MB RAM​
Available OS Memory: 3840MB RAM​
DirectX Version: DirectX 11​
DX Setup Parameters: Not found​
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI​
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)​
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled​
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode​
(Hope that's all you need to determine if I can run it, hopefully :D)​

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Let me put it this way. After playing Morrowind, I was disappointed in Oblivion, and to a lesser extent Skyrim.

kajackem

turns difficulty to master, gets mauled by skeever
First of all, you should be able to run the game no problem, and secondly, it's hard for me to tell you if you will like Skyrim because I dont know what you are into. I personally found it had some good and interesting parts, but after a while it feels so repetitive (almost every important quest is going into a cave, looking for something, fighting a whole bunch of bandits or undead, getting what you wanted, leave the cave and complete the mission. Like I said before, it's hard for me to say if you will like it because I don't know you, but overall I say it's worth investing in.. Hope this helped

-k

Mini Mongo

First of all, you should be able to run the game no problem, and secondly, it's hard for me to tell you if you will like Skyrim because I dont know what you are into. I personally found it had some good and interesting parts, but after a while it feels so repetitive (almost every important quest is going into a cave, looking for something, fighting a whole bunch of bandits or undead, getting what you wanted, leave the cave and complete the mission. Like I said before, it's hard for me to say if you will like it because I don't know you, but overall I say it's worth investing in.. Hope this helped

-k
I believe you mean Morrowind right, I've played both Oblivion and Skyrim to there extent over and over again, but as both agree it's worth the money, I will probably purchase it. Thanks both of ya :)

kajackem

turns difficulty to master, gets mauled by skeever
I believe you mean Morrowind right, I've played both Oblivion and Skyrim to there extent over and over again, but as both agree it's worth the money, I will probably purchase it. Thanks both of ya :)
Oh yes my bad, I meant Morrownind

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
Yes.

Morrowind is a piece of history rather than a game at this time.

If you like a deep story with lots of quests with lots of spells and content go for it.

You have played Skyrim and Oblivion so you need to keep in mind that it's not going to be in the Crysis 3 league of graphics, that's where the disappointment might come from, but the story and the history is what counts.

It is both entertaining, fun and it draws you in quite easily in the game world.

I think everyone should play older titles of the Elder Scrolls... It's educational and it also broadens your perspective on it. Well worth $15 +

Hope you enjoy it ;)

Mini Mongo

Yes.

Morrowind is a piece of history rather than a game at this time.

If you like a deep story with lots of quests with lots of spells and content go for it.

You have played Skyrim and Oblivion so you need to keep in mind that it's not going to be in the Crysis 3 league of graphics, that's where the disappointment might come from, but the story and the history is what counts.

It is both entertaining, fun and it draws you in quite easily in the game world.

I think everyone should play older titles of the Elder Scrolls... It's educational and it also broadens your perspective on it. Well worth $15 +

Hope you enjoy it ;)
Thank you for the response, the decision is defiantly decided and I shall purchase this game now :) The graphics may be annoying, but they will not deblete the fun I have, with a deep story and many aspects to explore I will love this game.

I am a true fan of the lore, and I'm happy to here this support that. I shall now indulge myself in it's quests and DLC's, alas Skyrim Forums, I have exploring to do.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
You can overhaul the graphics to make them look better, if it is very annoying to you. That is if you have the capabilities. You should consider trying it—I love seeing all the trees, flowers and add-ons. Its very nice.

Mini Mongo

You can overhaul the graphics to make them look better, if it is very annoying to you. That is if you have the capabilities. You should consider trying it—I love seeing all the trees, flowers and add-ons. Its very nice.
Yes I was going to consider getting overhauls, a great Elder Scrolls youtuber by the name of Jingles was doing a hardcore lets play of Morrowind using such things, I didn't find it horrible to look at it mind you, if only they would update the graphics. I hope to purchase this game some time tomorrow most likely, didn't get the time yesterday nor today.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Let us know when you get the game and tell us if you like it, and whether or not you overhaul it. :)

I couldn't stare at Morrowind for too long because I have sensitive eyes and everything looked very blurry to me, so the overhauls sparked up the images and made it so I could concentrate on the actual image without hurting myself, so maybe overhauling will make it less annoying. :)

Of course, it won't look like Skyrim or Oblivion, but it will look pretty darn good—at least in my opinion it does.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts