Is it necessary to invest perks in either Heavy or Light armor?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrCostari

Look, that is what I needed :)
A couple more questions:
1) Why alchemy gloves?
2) What is blacksmithing gear?
3) How do I know when I hit 29%?
4) Why repeat? Does it increase everytime?
5) What is considered a good fortify potions?
6) Should I wait till I have 100 alchemy, enchanting and smithing when I got for max cap?
7) Can I do this meanwhile to? Or should I just regurly upgrade my gear and not investing in any potions or other stuff?

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
1). Because you cannot enchant Fortify Enchantment items.
2). Gear that is enchanted with Fortify Blacksmithing.
3). When the gear says that it Fortify's <STAT> by 29%
4). You need to repeat the process a few times to get the stats to 29% which is the cap
5). The best ones are the ones you create yourself through the method above
6). Yes, you also need specific perks in the Alchemy and Enchantment tree.
7). It can be done at any point, but having a bit of gold on the side helps. (Plus you need to be sufficient level to have all the required perks and found and disenchanted the required enchantments).

MrCostari

1) Oh I actualy ment the gloves :p
2) Alright, just some random gear I quess, nothing special?
3) Aha ok, ofcourse :)
4) Ah ok sounds alright
5) Alright
6) Alright
7) Aha ok, on which level did you maxed out your gear?

A5ko

I can't recall exactly when I maxed out my gear but it was late on in the game, as I saved Alchemy as one of the last things to skill up in. Meaning I didn't have the benefits of very powerful weapons all the way through. (Although the game was still far from challenging without it, you certainly don't need these items to succeed).

MrCostari

I can't recall exactly when I maxed out my gear but it was late on in the game, as I saved Alchemy as one of the last things to skill up in. Meaning I didn't have the benefits of very powerful weapons all the way through. (Although the game was still far from challenging without it, you certainly don't need these items to succeed).
On adept I quess?

A5ko

Master can never be far from challenging

That is completly dependant on how you play your game. Around level 40 everything was trivial until patch 1.2 removed my Magic Resistance. It was a little annoying then...

I was at a point where Magic is useless against me and things don't live long enough to injure me physically. Having max Magic Resistance and using The Atronach perk and Stone magic is a joke.

Always aim for Magic Resistance and Absorb until you hit their caps (85% and 80% respectivley)

A5ko

Yeah master isn't that hard I'm playing now!
But what is the Astronach perk?

Atronach perk is in the Alteration tree. It says it Absorbs 30% of the magicaka of a hostile spell cast at you. What it doesn't say is the Atronach also absorbs the damage of a spell. This with the Atrnoach stone gives 80% magic absorb.

MrCostari

A couple more:
1) Do I need to use the Advanced Armors perk?
2) Did you used restoration?
3) Did you used heavy armor?
4) What spells did you used in the alteration school?
5) And did you used conjuration to summon familairs?

A5ko

1). No
2). No
3). Yes, Deadric
4). I only used things like Candle Light in dungeons, although I levelled Alteration using the armour spells and Telekinesis (sp?).
5). No

A5ko

OMG how did you survided??

By killing the enemy before they became too much of an issue.

I also didn't use an NPC thrall as they just get in the way.

I did level Blacksmithing fairly early on, so I always out classed the enemy in armour and weapons. This played a big part in surviving.

MrCostari

Ah you kill the strongest first?
And what is the point of dragging items towards you? Or just for leveling?
But why no restoration?

A5ko

Ah you kill the strongest first?
And what is the point of dragging items towards you? Or just for leveling?
But why no restoration?

Casters first, unless you have a good magic resistance in which case the strongest melee.

It's a quick way to level up Alteration.

You don't need restoration when you have Alchemy

A5ko

Alright, so you do make a lot of health potion? How do you level your alchemy fast?

In levelling Alchemy you tend to create a ton of health potions. Also on your travel's you will be bombarded with them. You never really run out of potions if you use them wisely.

A good potion to make for quick Alchemy levelling uses (1) Giants Toe and (1) Wheat.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts