Is it just me but are silver swords weak?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ill wil

Silver swords are weak (I guess)......My dude is at level 26 and has a silver sword with a 15% damage..BUT my Skyforge swords is at 23.....

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
Well. Silver sword aren't strong thats simple. They have more a symbolic propose against Werewolf's and for the Silver Hand

ill wil

damn....

Onyx

Yeah, unlike Oblivion, you do not need Silver Weapons (or magic weapons) to hurt undead in this game so they are more of a throw back to previous titles. They do, however do extra damage against Warewolves and Undead and if you have 100% smithing you should be able to increase their damage, but they still will not hold up against better blades.

Note: I still believe "not confirmed" they are better than Iron and Steel, which is about where they where in previous titles? May be wrong here though

ill wil

That bites ass cuz they look so cool and here I am adding all this weight carrying these damn things. LOL

Onyx

Well they are worth a pretty penny (especially since they do not weigh as much). Also I guess you could continue to use, fights might take longer but hey. I continue to use my two Katana's even though the damage is well below what is now available to me, but I just love the look.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Silver swords in my experience are generally useless (aside from that companion quest where you have to go get a piece of something). They are worth a decent amount of gold though, so pick them up (they are light and you can hold a bunch) and then sell them. Anyways, you'll find better looking gear as you progress.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
they're worth 100 gold so it's a good way to make money early in the game!

brandon

theyre just pure garbage and only worth 100 gold not worth taking. weapons are just not worth the weight you can easily pick up the armor worth more for less weight.

Onyx

theyre just pure garbage and only worth 100 gold not worth taking. weapons are just not worth the weight you can easily pick up the armor worth more for less weight.
I would normally agree with you, but Silver Swords only weigh 7 and have a value of 100g (about 30g or so with low speech). This is better value than fur/hide/studded armor.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Yeah, they aren't very good at all.

I'm pretty sure there built to be highly effective against werewolves.

brandon

I would normally agree with you, but Silver Swords only weigh 7 and have a value of 100g (about 30g or so with low speech). This is better value than fur/hide/studded armor.
yeah but its only 4 gold per pound really. ive been leaving all weapons behind. for some reason its seemed like armor has a better gold per pound ratio then most weapons. not all but most. and its better to just loot the bodies and take whatever else you find and sell that stuff then to take any weapons.

ill wil

ya I got my ass kick so bad using them I almost smashed my 360....lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts