Invisibility: Illusion or Alchemy?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
As a big fan of my 30x backstab multiplier, Invisibility is going to help me heaps with landing that sneak attack on tougher bosses which can be hard to sneak up on. I looked into Illusion, and considering ive put no points into Magic as of yet, im going to have to dump some levels and perks into magic/illusion tree just to be able to cast Invisibility.

However, You can also brew your own potions of Invisibility. I'm already starting to put some points into Alchemy as i want to be able to make very strong health/stamina potions + fortify smithing potions for making kick ass daedric daggers down the track. Would this be the better road to go down if i was putting points into Alchemy anyway?

XbSuper

I wouldn't worry about it. With a high sneak skill, the muffle perk, and boots with the muffle affect, you can stand right in front of just about anyone without being seen. Invisibility is more useful for characters that don't use sneak often.

Golgo_SPB

well it really depends how you feel about it put points into magicka/invest perks in illusion or invest perks in alchemy and carry around potions and ingredients?

I will say that calm spells from illusion makes sneak attacks really easy.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
I'd say put it into illusion because some of the other spells are really helpful basically all the time.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Put it into illusion since you can keep constantly casting it without having to worry about making potions.

Jaeger

But then you also might need Silent casting which is 3 perks off the track to Invisibility (5 perks).

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I've been getting along fine without needing perks in illusion or using potions though potions have occasionally been useful. Of the two, I prefer potions but I'm the type that typically carries 20 to 30 lbs worth of potions around just in case. If you're already investing in Alchemy anyway, that might be the better way to go. The spell will last 30 seconds but you can brew them to last much longer.

You are probably really good at sneaking anyway, so as XbSuper said, all you really need are Muffle effects. You can carry a few potions around for emergencies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts