• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    “Are you certain you’re capable of the job, child?” The Jarl of Markarth raised his eyebrows apprehensively at the tiny red-headed creature standing before him.
    He had sent out a summons a week prior, for any and all mercenaries not currently enlisted in the aid of someone else or away at the war, to aid him in a difficult task.
    What he had expected was an appearance of battle-hardened men willing to do a bit of dirty work for the right amount of coin. What he had received was a little girl that barely stood 5 feet tall, offering to do his bidding.
    “Is this some kind of joke?” He asked, for what must have been the fourth time between the girls arrival and now.
    The young child sighed softly. This was not something she was unused to.
    “My lord, I implore you to look past my obvious physical inexperience and give me the chance I deserve. I assure you, I am entirely capable of doing that which you ask, my age is of little consequence—“
    “I will not send a child to her doom, little girl. You are mistaken if you believe I would allow you to go alone.”
    “Then you would allow me to go accompanied?” The girl raised an eyebrow, attempting to catch the man with his own words.
    “Child, eh, Lilumae, was it? Yes, Lilumae, I appreciate your willingness to cooperate and respect your desire to help those in need, but I simply cannot allow you to risk your life and limb on a meager attempt to--“

“I’ll accompany her.” All eyes in the room seemed to turn at the same time, seeking the voice that had spoken. From the shadows of the doorway stepped a shockingly beautiful woman, tall and graceful with jet black hair tied back with a single ribbon, and icy blue eyes that scanned the room in one swift motion catching all in her gaze like flies in a spiders web.

She moved forward with swift and fluid motions, practically floating from one spot to the next with how graceful she seemed. Stopping short, beside the girl, who indeed look much tinier next to the towering woman, she rested a hand on the red-headed ones shoulder,
    “I’ll keep an eye on her. All children should learn of battle, one way or another. Why not allow her this opportunity?”
    Winter raised an eyebrow at the Jarl questioningly before she spoke again.

“Winter De Lune, at your service.” She removed her hand and bowed for a moment, before returning to her prior, graceful, if questioning, position
    The younger, redheaded girl frowned behind her thick framed glasses. She grew weary of being called and treated as an incompetent child. She would use this chance to prove that she was much more than that, divines willing.

The Jarl sighed, he was running out of options and all he had before him was a woman and a little girl willing to fight his demons for him. What kind of man was he? Sending them out to battle on his behalf? Where was someone he could rely on?

“No!" He slammed his first down angrily, "I will not send a single woman and a lone child to complete this task. We need more than that. I approve of your bravery, but what kind of leader would I be if I sent you two off alone? This matter is not open for discussion. Find me more warriors willing to aid you and then I shall reconsider.”

Winter bit back an acidic comment she longed to make. "Find me more warriors" wasn't really what the Jarl was saying.

"Find me more men", was.

A man all in glass armor entered the hall, his boots making a metallic clinking sound as he walked. He walked over to the man talking with two women, he seemed to be in charge.
    "With whom do i have the honor to speak? I go by the name of Glass. I think you can see why." The man replied. "I am busy her-" Finally, he turned and saw how big the knight was. His head was hidden by a closed visor, which left only his eyes visible through a narrow eyeslit.
    "I am told my axe can earn me money here. How much, and what is the job?" Glass looked over the two women, and was surprised to see the taller one looked like a fighter. The younger not at all.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    As the Jarl talked to the two women and the burly man in glass armor a man being dragged along the hallway outside by a patrol of guards overheard there conversation. Edwin quickly identified the perfect oportunity to get out of his current predicament.

"Wait!" He called into the room resisting the guards atempts to pull him further allong the hall.

Startled, the Jarl looked down to him "And who might you be?" he asked in an impatient voice.

"I am a mage of great prowess! I would gladly aid you're greatness in this task in return for my freedom" Edwin once again hoped to smooth talk his way out of this dificult predicament. He did not want to go to Cidna mine.

The Jarl looked at him intently, "And what exactly are you in trouble for, mage?"

One of the guards responded for Edwin, "He was caught trying to steal from the Silver-Bloods treasury my lord, we were just of to throw him into Cidna mine."

The Jarl thought for a second before giving in "hmmm, well petty theft can be forgivin, yes mage if you aid these people, then I will pardon your crimes."

Edwin nodded his thanks, and the guards unshackeld him, he proceded to move up and stand slightly behind the other three, with a smug smile across his face

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    Arthur walked in through the doors of the palace, his steel plate armor glistened a little in the faint light that seeped through the ceiling. He made his way up the stairs to the Jarl's Throne room. "Well...looks like others will be joining me..." he whispered to himself stopping near the others. "I request a part in this as well my Jarl." he stated, assuming everyone was here for the same reason.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin eyed the newcomer, slightly unerved by his attitude. He shifted slightly so as to be able to see everyone in the room clearly.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle was happily eating some rabbit meat as the caravan went along. Today was his birthday so his mother gave him loads of stuff. He opened his satchel and pulled out his favorite gift. The ebony dagger was simply beautiful, the way it curved to the point was incredible.

The caravan was stopped by some legion men. They were questioning them.
    "How many,and how old."
    "6 khajiits. 22,28,32,19,24,26,and 13" his father said this looking at R'alle smiling.
    The legionnaire nodded. As the caravan started moving they heard a scream.
    The 4 caravan guards ran around the back battel ready.

The Legionnaire was on the ground pinned by a pale imperial male. The guards charged at the man. He sidestepped all of their attacks. and killed them all using his hands. He looked at R'alle through the hole and smiled.

His mother started whipping the horses starting the caravan. He watch as four people came and pinned the Guards biting their necks.R'alle gripped his blade. He was frightened. there was a hard thud coming from the roof. A hole was ripped in the roof. R'alle gazed upon the beatiful imperial woman. His father leaped up and fought her.

He heard a hiss and a loud thud coming of the side of the caravan. "Papa?" Asked R'alle as he climbed through the hole. The Imperial woman grabbed him by the scruff of his neck. She held him eye level observing him. She sniffed the air and smiled "Ab- You are quite rare kitty". The caravan stopped and he heard a scream. He wiggled trying to get free so he could help his mother. "Ma!!!!!! I'm comming!" The Imperial laughed revealing her fangs. " I like you, you're.......optimistic." she laughed again. R'alle wiggled again clawing at the vamp's arm.
    she giggled "Stop you're making me hungry, you don't want that do you?" R'alle shook his head so fast and hard his neck hurt. "Good." The vampire put him down. She reached out her hand"Come." R'alle grabbed her cold hand. They jumped off the side of the caravan. R'alle looked down to see his father unconscious on the ground.A vampire was dragging him to an all black Caravan. "Papa!" He lunged at his father trying to save him. The vampire rolled his knuckles painfully. She looked into his eyes daring him to do it again.

He looked behind him to see blood all over the ground. He cried knowing it was his mother. The vampire seemed to enjoy his pain and sadness. R'alle hated them, he hated them all. He was led to the Caravan where he was put in a cell along with other children and woman. His father was up front with the vampires. The same female vampire came and searched R'alle. He forgot all about his dagger. He hid it quickly in his pant leg. The vampire took his satchel and smiled " OOOOOO i like your things, it must've been your birthday these are brand new. Happy birthday" she laughed at him playing with his fishing pole, and broom spear.(Not pointy)"Sera stop playing, C'mon" at that the caravan was moving. R'alle kept his blade close to him.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter turned to the Jarl, a faintly smug grin on her face.
    "Well there you have it, my Lord. Plenty of aid, just as you requested. And such timing too!" Winter put an obvious emphesis on the word aid, implying that she was in fact thinking of a different word, and the Jarl knew it.
    Lilumae however, seemed oblivious to this fact and excitedly chirped up,
    "We can go then! Can't we? It's alright now, yes?" She looked around to all the new faces, quietly shushing the fluttering feeling in the pit of her stomache that made her want to flee from the crowd.
    She wasn't very good with people, but she'd try her best. The Jarl and his people needed her to, that was certain.
    The Jarl sighed again, what kind of luck was it that just as he demanded the ladies seek aid, more aid would appear?
    Still, he couldn't turn them down now, could he? And he did need their help, afterall.
    "Very well. If everyone is here, I suppose it cannot be denied."
    "Yay!" Lilumae clasped her hands together delightedly, but quickly dropped them and looked down when a harsh glance from Winter gave her the hint that such an act may not be the best of responses now.

The Jarl cleared his throat and began an explanation,
    "To the east, a short days travel outside the City rests a cave. I've received word of numerous reports stating Travelers and people of Markarth have gone missing near that cave. It is probably nothing more than unlucky bear attacks or at the very worst, the cave may be a hideout of a few foul bandits. Your quest is to destroy the root cause of the disappearances and rescue any survivors then report back to me with your findings and for your reward. Are there any questions?"

"What do we do with the bodies we might find?" He really wondered, but it also was a test for the small girl to see if she knew what she had gotten herself into. He thought it was folly to take the girl under his protection, but his code demanded it.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    Arthur looked at the two women in the room. The one with glasses seemed quite for this line of work. The other one looked like a naturally born fighter. He then looked at the large man. Looking at the man made Arthur frightened. Then there was the mage...Being a Nord, Arthur disliked magic. However this man was a fellow 'troublemaker'. "Interesting." Arthur said quietly to himself.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin Listened to the Jarls explination. He did not ask any questions, but the entire situation made his skin prickle. Mabye i would be better of in cindna mine? No, down there he would certainly die, at least he had all of these people around to protect him here.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    The Jarl nodded solemly,
    "If any bodies are found, inform me of them after you have dispatched any and all threats that may be in the cave. I will send guards to retrieve them later to offer the poor souls a decent burial and give their families closure. It is my hope that it shall not come to that, however."
    The Jarl glanced at the other man, who had inquired of a catch, he paused for a moment to think.
    "Yes. I am curious to see how well you crew can actually work together. If any of you dies, none of you will be paid. So no self-sacrifice, for you noble sort. And no backstabbing for you less than noble. You all return to collect your payment, or none of you will be paid at all."

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin smiled at the last implication the Jarl threw into the mix. This was good for him. It meant that he could trust these people more than the average bunch of mercs. It also gave him a better chance of getting out of this entire mess alive.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    "Hmm...so dead partners...equals no pay? Fair enough i suppose." He glanced to the young girl in the room. "But...having this young'n come along?" he looked at the Jarl "Isnt that...a little dangerous?"

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle sat in the cell. It rocked every now and then. He caressed his ebony blade, he couldn't fight back yet. He needed help. an older kid was poking R'alle.
    "What?"
    "Give me your blade, I'll be able to use it better" at that the kid reached for R'alle's blade.
    R'alle swatted the hand. "No"
    The other kid charged at R'alle. He was knocked into the bars. R'alle fought back by elbowing the kid on top of his head. The breton stepped back and punched R'alle in the chest. as R'alle recover he released his claws and slashed the kid's side. Blood hit the floor. The caravan stopped. As the kid backed away R'alle looked out, to see the vampires watching them fight.

They were entertained. The kid went for another punch. R'alle sidestepped, "Stop this is what they want they like it." The kid looked out to see the vamps. He quickly backed away and stopped. The head vampire. spoke "Who started this? We can't have the stock hurting each other." It was the same woman from before.
    No one answered. She walked up to the cell and looked at the breton, then R'alle. "Speak cat!" R'alle flinched, the vamps laughed. " It was the Breton he tried to kill me." R'alle lied. She smiled "Good I never liked him" She opened the cell and dragged him out. " Wait the cat has a blade!!" Sera stopped and looked at R'alle. She let him go and grabbed R'alle out of the cell. She lifted him " You seem heavier, where is it?" R'alle didn't respond.
    Sera smiled.

"Fine both of you will die" R'alle shook his head. He took out his blade and dropped it. She looked at him and smiled "Good." she put R'alle gently back in the cell. She grabbed the blade. And dragged the breton around the front of the caravan. "Wait I helped you!!" " Yes, but I'm hungry, besides I never liked you. You were too......Old"

R'alle heard a scream and smelt the blood. The scent made his stomach hurt. The caravan continued to move along the trail as if nothing happen. They passed the body of the Breton boy. there was no blood. She was more clean than the others.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    The Jarl seemed to ponder the mans words for some time, keeping the younger girl wrought with anticipation.
    Winter eyed the Jarl with a glare. Of all the men and women who could have heeded his call, the child had been the first to step up. It he cast her out now, it would be the equivalent of spitting on her good intentions. It would set a poor example on those who would choose to offer him aid in the future, if he so hastily cast off assistance that he deemed beneath him.

"No." He said, carefully considering how he wished to phrase his words. "She is young, however, she is also brave to have offered her assistance in the first place. I am willing to give her a single chance. Should I find word that she is a burden to your group, I shall not accept her aid again." It was more of a warning to the child than anyone else, but all things considered, with such a large group he was sure the child would be in capable hands.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    "Alright..." he said, eyeing the child. Surely to offer her assistance, she has to have some skill. "Shall we get better acquainted?" he looked around to everyone. "My name is Arthur Swift-Sword and your names are?" he said to the group.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin grinned at Arthur, sweeping a low bow "Edwin, wandering brenton mage, among other things, at your service."

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "Lilumae, alchemist. Lovely to meet you all." The young girl gave a low bow, her dark red braids nearly sweeping the floor with the motion.
    "Winter De Lune, Professional Retrieval Expert, with skills in Witness Relocation Tactics."
    She gave a grin as she half-bowed. It didn't take a genius to realize what she'd said. She was a thief and even worse, she was an assassin. A rather proud one at that.
    "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Gentlemen, ...and Child." She smiled at Lilumae for a moment and then turned her attentions elsewhere.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts