• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Hey, I've not played Skyrim for a few months, just got bored of it. I want to start a new playthrough thats fun and interesting so I won't get bored of it.
What's the most fun way/class to play?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I've actually just played a similar build to the first suggestion, a breton bard which I did enjoy but got bored of after about level 30. I know the skyrim blog well unfortunately over the course of oblivion and skyrim and thousands of hours I've played pretty much every build possible I can't seem to find a build that I like enough to stick with

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I've actually just played a similar build to the first suggestion, a breton bard which I did enjoy but got bored of after about level 30. I know the skyrim blog well unfortunately over the course of oblivion and skyrim and thousands of hours I've played pretty much every build possible I can't seem to find a build that I like enough to stick with

Lol accidently gave you a bad rating.

But maybe you should try the build I'm currently doing. I'm playing a young Nord lass (20 years old) who's trying to prepare herself for whatever danger lies ahead in her destiny as Dragonborn. She's joining as many guilds as possible to find what will work right for her when the time comes for her to really be tested.

Or how about this build? My favorite one.

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-katarri

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Lol accidently gave you a bad rating.

But maybe you should try the build I'm currently doing. I'm playing a young Nord lass (20 years old) who's trying to prepare herself for whatever danger lies ahead in her destiny as Dragonborn. She's joining as many guilds as possible to find what will work right for her when the time comes for her to really be tested.

Or how about this build? My favorite one.

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-katarri

Thanks thats a nice build, I never play females though I just can't get into character with them.
In the past my builds have been either stealth/magic or a mixture.

I have been intending to make a perfect assassin build for a while maybe I'll try that, so basically the best possible assassin I could make, I will become a vampire for the 25% sneak and illusion bonus.
I intend to use sneak,light armour(with the steed stone to make it 0 weight until I get the perk, as armour weight affects detection) 1 handed with 1 dagger only, archery with a bow, Zephyr. Also I will use alchemy to begin with and late game all 3 crafting skills(I'll use dragonborn dlc to respec my perks), I will get restoration to 40 for the poison rune and I will use illusion a lot too, oh and speech.

What race do you think? i'm not bothered about starting skills, before I always use Altmer or Bretons as they are technically the best, I won't get hit much though so breton magic resist is less important, I'll also only use illusion when discovered so magic is not a big part of it. I'll get night eye from being a vamp so that makes khajiit pointless, maybe argonian? extra hand damage, underwater breathing and histskin all could be useful for an assassin.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Thanks thats a nice build, I never play females though I just can't get into character with them.
In the past my builds have been either stealth/magic or a mixture.

I have been intending to make a perfect assassin build for a while maybe I'll try that, so basically the best possible assassin I could make, I will become a vampire for the 25% sneak and illusion bonus.
I intend to use sneak,light armour(with the steed stone to make it 0 weight until I get the perk, as armour weight affects detection) 1 handed with 1 dagger only, archery with a bow, Zephyr. Also I will use alchemy to begin with and late game all 3 crafting skills(I'll use dragonborn dlc to respec my perks), I will get restoration to 40 for the poison rune and I will use illusion a lot too, oh and speech.

What race do you think? i'm not bothered about starting skills, before I always use Altmer or Bretons as they are technically the best, I won't get hit much though so breton magic resist is less important, I'll also only use illusion when discovered so magic is not a big part of it. I'll get night eye from being a vamp so that makes khajiit pointless, maybe argonian? extra hand damage, underwater breathing and histskin all could be useful for an assassin.

It took me 4 characters and nearly 100 hours of playing the Mass Effect series as a female before I could enjoy it. The difference between playing the opposite gender is that you'll feel more like an observer, watching a tv show, etc.

If you want to be an AMAZING assassin, invest a lot of perks in enchanting and alchemy so you can eventually enchant a ring, gloves, shoes, etc., to boost your sneak. You'll be able to kill people in broad daylight with no one even seeing you.

As for race, I would go with a Nord. The reason is because after turning into a Volkihar vampire your character's looks will change drastically and the effect looks especially cool on this race, but more importantly, your character will be immune to frost damage as a stage 4 vampire.

It took me 4 characters and nearly 100 hours of playing the Mass Effect series as a female before I could enjoy it. The difference between playing the opposite gender is that you'll feel more like an observer, watching a tv show, etc.

If you want to be an AMAZING assassin, invest a lot of perks in enchanting and alchemy so you can eventually enchant a ring, gloves, shoes, etc., to boost your sneak. You'll be able to kill people in broad daylight with no one even seeing you.

As for race, I would go with a Nord. The reason is because after turning into a Volkihar vampire your character's looks will change drastically and the effect looks especially cool on this race, but more importantly, your character will be immune to frost damage as a stage 4 vampire.
Uh, {Raises hand} doesn't suggestion 2 completely destroy Immersion like you just said not to by playing the opposite sex? I mean, I don't have a problem associating with a character that has boobs any more than one with pointy ears, tusks, fur, or scales (Especially the last two with boobs. I mean, are Argonians even Mammals?)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
The Mystic Knight is a formidable opponent. He/she draws from the spheres of combat, magic, and stealth disciplines. They have studied the art of enchantment from an early age, allowing them to imbue their armor and weapons with a variety of abilities to ensure they can turn the tide of any battle and survive. Favoring using varied magical wards from the school of Restoration magic, further complimenting any enchantments they may already have as well as drawing from the healing powers the school teaches. Mystic Knights often cast wards on themselves before attacking enemies from a range, often preferring the use of crossbows due to the added punch they provide, wounding any enemy before closing the distance and engaging with sword/mace and shield. If they can gather information or talk their way out of a fight they opt to do so, putting to good use their charisma and diplomacy skills.

Anyway, I just pulled this out of thin air. Pretty common character build I would say. Took the name of Mystic Knight from the game Dragon's Dogma.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Uh, {Raises hand} doesn't suggestion 2 completely destroy Immersion like you just said not to by playing the opposite sex? I mean, I don't have a problem associating with a character that has boobs any more than one with pointy ears, tusks, fur, or scales (Especially the last two with boobs. I mean, are Argonians even Mammals?)

Are you saying that you cannot enjoy playing as a female? I'm not sure what you're saying.

Are you saying that you cannot enjoy playing as a female? I'm not sure what you're saying.
Look at my Avatar. Boobs, and Strength all wrapped up in one Img. No, what I was saying is that breaking the game so that you can't be Detected no matter what you do should be at least as distracting as having boobs.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Look at my Avatar. Boobs, and Strength all wrapped up in one Img. No, what I was saying is that breaking the game so that you can't be Detected no matter what you do should be at least as distracting as having boobs.

Usually, when I break the game I don't do it immediately. I wait to have reasons for it. If I'm playing as a vampire or master wizard, I have no problem breaking the game in the sneaking department because it makes the game more fun. If I'm playing a regular thief (most of the time), I don't even drink potions or enchant armor for sneaking.

Usually, when I break the game I don't do it immediately. I wait to have reasons for it. If I'm playing as a vampire or master wizard, I have no problem breaking the game in the sneaking department because it makes the game more fun. If I'm playing a regular thief (most of the time), I don't even drink potions or enchant armor for sneaking.
Break the game, or don't, I don't care. That's not what I was saying, I was just trying to understand how being female is more Immersion destroying.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Break the game, or don't, I don't care. That's not what I was saying, I was just trying to understand how being female is more Immersion destroying.

It's not about playing a female character. It's about playing the opposite gender. And I never said it was immersion destroying, but that it would take time to adjust, and that it would feel different.

It's not about playing a female character. It's about playing the opposite gender. And I never said it was immersion destroying, but that it would take time to adjust, and that it would feel different.
I don't see how. There's literally no in-game effect, except for possibly the character's height. I guess I just don't get it, but that's like the most superficial thing. Kind of like getting used to a different war-paint when Racial differences are far more significant.

Raiden_Dren

Race: Dark Elf (for awesome looks if done right and 50% fire resistance)
Build name: Witchhunter
Skills: 1 handed(daggers or sword\mace)
Conjuration( for bound bow)
Sneak
Smithing
Enchanting
Alchemy or pickpocket(or both! :3)
Light armour

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I don't see how. There's literally no in-game effect, except for possibly the character's height. I guess I just don't get it, but that's like the most superficial thing. Kind of like getting used to a different war-paint when Racial differences are far more significant.

The more a person can relate to a character in a movie, book, or video game, the more connected they'll be to him/her. It's that simple, really.

There's no in-game effect, but men and women react differently to the same things, express their emotions differently, etc.

Not a big deal. It takes time to adjust to new things, whether that be genre of music, style of comedy, etc., it just takes time.

Grob

Always gotta post this:
Sheogorath's Minion-
Race: Any (just has to look crazy)
Combat: Only uses Wabbajack and is a Master Illusionist and Alterationist, can use apprentice destruction, conjuoration, restoration
Armor: Only wear good looking clothes
Other: Must have some quirky personality traits: collects cheese, follows chickens around for at least one hour a day. Your decisions are made by dice roll/coin flip (Imperial heads, Stormclock Tails (or neither, if you had a dice), Theif 1,3-Mage 2,4 etc.)
You can go the extra bit, sleep everyday, eat three times a day, so on.
You also can choose to help or hinder people (come across a farmer, roll dice/coin flip, head=give him money/follow him an protect him until he gets to a town/city, tails=use illusion magic to make him fight his wife, then Wabbajack the survivor).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts