• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for some orc builds. I love the orc race and can now only play as one of the orismer.
I have used the three most common builds for them. I used the orc pit fighter (sword and shield), orc berserker (two handed), and the orc Impaler (archery only) but are there any other builds that come to mind?

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
Orc Librarian (College of Winterhold reference ;))

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
What kind of weaponry would he use? :) I'd rather not get into orcish mage because magic seems a bit too, shall we say, none bloody.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
You could make the Orc Librarian a battlemage. Use conjuration magic to summon two dremora to help you hack away at enemies

Clau

The Fateless One
I once flirted with the idea of creating a blacksmith Orc build. On top of my head was getting all the smithing perks.

A friend of mine runs with an Orc armorer build. His orc can wear both light and heavy armors.

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
I suppose I could do that, but which atronach to use? I had a mage that used all three but never really saw a difference other than in appearance.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Shaman.

Before his tribe was gathered up and slaughtered, he was their mystical hoo-doo man.

He wears odd bits of furs, hides and cloth, always waving some staff or other about his head, or bashing in their brains with a blunt object once the staves have softened them up.

Use either Alchemy or Restoration for healing breaks, and don't discount a solid robe with light armor accessories.

Enchanting is your friend after level 15-20ish. Use Conjuration and some Jedi mind control spells (hunt down staves and dragon masks...the gods have spoken) and you shouldn't be getting hit much.

Clau

The Fateless One
I read from the game's loading screen that Berserker Orcs were utilized by the Empire. Sounds fearsome and cool.

Anyone have ideas on what kind of build they should be?

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
The Gourmet ;)

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
Orc Elemental fury build. Basically you become vampire, take necromage, get elemental fury to level 3, dual flurry perk, and just for a change of pace you can grab Zephyr. This is the ultimate damage dealer when berserk mode is activated. The attack speed is literally off the charts. the other major bonus is that the 2x damage resistance makes you not as squishy. The only problem you need to fix is the weakness to fire.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Orc Elemental fury build. Basically you become vampire, take necromage, get elemental fury to level 3, dual flurry perk, and just for a change of pace you can grab Zephyr. This is the ultimate damage dealer when berserk mode is activated. The attack speed is literally off the charts. the other major bonus is that the 2x damage resistance makes you not as squishy. The only problem you need to fix is the weakness to fire.

Enchanting fixes that. Enchanting fixes anything.

Twiffle

I too like to play with Orcs, there are a few different builds i have done with them, one is a Wizard, he dresses in robes and hood with heavy gauntlets and boots, uses only staffs with a steel sword when things get a bit close and personal, the trick is to learn how to use the Atronach forge.
Another one is a blacksmith, he has no combat skills at all, no armour or weapons, he just smiths and enchants but his follower does all the killing wearing the enchanted armor and weapons you have crafted while you run around staying out of harms way.
another which i liked but has a short life is the unarmed build, no weapons just fists, most people will tell you that the khajiit is the best for this, but i disagree as with the berserker skill your Orc can now dish out more damage with his fists and now takes only half damage, so he becomes a very strong unarmed character (with enchanted gauntlets of unarmed combat), but of course an Orc in heavy armor and a bloody big hammer still takes some beating, ;)

AS88

Staff member
How about a city-Orc? Raised in civilisation, supports the Empire but also loves/rejects his bloodline's gods and traditions. Comes to Skyrim on a personal quest, to join the Legion, or just as a sellsword or bandit.

I hate orcs and have never played one, but berserker rage, elemental fury and the long hammer could lead to some fun!:p

Spell Wolf Orc. It's pretty badass.
Cast power, cloaks, flesh spells, and summons. Proceed to dinner. It's my complete boss killer set.

Jaeger

Shaman.

Before his tribe was gathered up and slaughtered, he was their mystical hoo-doo man.

He wears odd bits of furs, hides and cloth, always waving some staff or other about his head, or bashing in their brains with a blunt object once the staves have softened them up.

Use either Alchemy or Restoration for healing breaks, and don't discount a solid robe with light armor accessories.

Enchanting is your friend after level 15-20ish. Use Conjuration and some Jedi mind control spells (hunt down staves and dragon masks...the gods have spoken) and you shouldn't be getting hit much.

There are those 2 witches staffs that look shamanistic (one wall of fire, the other fireball). One you get for helping that future follower (bugged) witch killing her momma; the other from a hagraven. I would buy destruction levels every level to keep the mana cost down on the staff. Wield an orc fire mace or the daedric mace artifact. Wear forsworn armor (how does the antler head look on male orcs?) or armor of the old gods. Since this is a magic/health/stamina build - Gauldur amulet.

Necromancy to twin souls and both will be orcs in heavy Orc armor. One will be the old Orc guy who wants a good death wielding 2 orc axes. Heehee.

A good bit of shouts would work too for other magical shamanistic effects.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
The first build that comes to my mind is a Conjure/Bound Knight. Your primary skills are Heavy Armor, One-Handed, Block, Conjuration, and Enchanting. Primary offense is conjuring an ally, then striking with a bound weapon. An Orc works well with this build because (excluding bonuses to Heavy Armor and Enchanting) of how it could heavily relate to the Necroknight class of World of Warcraft. You're quite a badass with this build.

I use this build in-game as my primary melee character, but I use a Nord.

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
I hate orcs and have never played one, but berserker rage, elemental fury and the long hammer could lead to some fun!:p
How could you possibly hate orcs?

I do like the idea of an orc shaman but if I'm going to build a shaman for an orc, I still want to be able to bash heads if it comes to it. What would a good melee weapon for a shaman be?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts