'Indie Elder Scrolls' Frontiers Delayed

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

Frontiers is an ambitious Elder Scrolls-type RPG. It's not as polished as Skyrim, but then again, it's made by just a couple of people, so the fact that they've been able to get so close has been amazing. Heck, in Frontiers you have gliders, so that's one up on recent non-flying Elder Scrolls games.

Unfortunately, the crowdfunded game didn't make its planned 2014 release date, and primary creator Lars Simkins says he won't set a new date.

“If you look at the backers’ calendar, you can see what’s left; it’s not a trivial amount of work. I’m not going to set a new deadline, either. I’m just going to say — this is hard for me — I’m just going to say that it’s going to be done when it’s done,” Simkins said.

That might be a bit controversial because game is a Kickstarter-funded project, raising $157,381 there last year. There's always a fear that a project will join the great pile of Kickstarted things that never happened.

But I suppose as long as Lars keeps providing updates and beautiful visuals he can keep the wolves from his door.

[Source: Rock Paper Shotgun]
View the Post on the Blog

Latest posts