In your honest opinion, what is the coolest looking bow?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Despite usefulness there are some bows i always keep as my main just cause of how badass it looks.. imo the coolest looking one in the game is a Stahlrim bow, i always make it a top priority to get one of these asap whenever starting a new character, used to be a Falmer bow till i got the dragonborn dlc.. Yall got any favs?

Bulldog

I like the drainspell and bound bow. Regular bow the dragonbow, and deadric bow. I don't remember what the stahlrim bow looked like since it has been while since I had my character go over there.

Asiaxfani

Honestly? Up to this day, I've yet to find a bow more pleasing to the eye than the original Hunting Bow. I always keep one with me when exploring the wilds, and only switch to a stronger one when facing stronger enemies. When playing a character that uses Smithing, I usually use an improved Forsworn Bow until I get my Smithing up to 100. Then I smith myself a Dragonbone bow and kick some ass.

So in short, the Hunting, Forsworn and Dragonbone Bows.

Clau

The Fateless One
My top 3:

1. Long Bow
2. Imperial Bow
3. Ebony Bow

My favorite vanilla bow is Froki's Bow which is an enchanted Long Bow.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Honestly? Up to this day, I've yet to find a bow more pleasing to the eye than the original Hunting Bow. I always keep one with me when exploring the wilds, and only switch to a stronger one when facing stronger enemies. When playing a character that uses Smithing, I usually use an improved Forsworn Bow until I get my Smithing up to 100. Then I smith myself a Dragonbone bow and kick some ass.

So in short, the Hunting, Forsworn and Dragonbone Bows.
yea those hunting bows do look nice, sometimes i'll smith the hell out of a long bow and make it a main weapon on a character just cause the simple look of it is interesting, makes me feel like Bear Grills! well.. if bear grills was a vampire destruction necromage.. lol

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
A daedric bow. I always keep a daedric bow. I like the red and black colour combination.
I don't know if any of you guys see it that way but the dragonbone bow, being the bow that requires a 100 smithing to craft, is quite plain and somewhat ugly. Don't know why but I never liked that bow.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
A daedric bow. I always keep a daedric bow. I like the red and black colour combination.
I don't know if any of you guys see it that way but the dragonbone bow, being the bow that requires a 100 smithing to craft, is quite plane and somewhat ugly. Don't know why but I never liked that bow.
same here, i was never that impressed by the dragonbone bow, it got the job done but far as appearance i envisioned it looking way cooler.. but the daerdric bows look badass! and go perfect with a dark mage type build cause of the sinister red and black color, looks like something a dragon priest would carry..

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Pft, black and red is overrated and overused! And... Do not try to mix Oblivion and Alduin's Tyranny!

Besides...I do tend to find the Nordic Bow or the Orcish one appealing.

AS88

Staff member
Hunting Bow, Imperial, Forsworn, Nordic, Nightingale, Ebony. And to be awkward, Steel Crossbow :p

I agree with what others have said that I often stick with a less powerful bow for the aesthetic side of the game.

I like Auriel's Bow a lot, but it just doesn't look.... fancy enough for what it is, to me at least.

Chadonraz

Nordic and Dwarven. I have never seen some of the unique bows or a Stahlrim one though, so don't know about them.

Asiaxfani

I personally hated Auriel's Bow. It, like most of the Dawnguard questline, just felt kinda out of place in my humble opinion. It wasn't that it was bad, per se, it just didn't really feel like Skyrim to me. But maybe that's just me. After I finished the DG main quest, I took all the Dawnguard and Vampiric items, along with Auriel's bow and other things I had come across and stuffed them all away to a chest, told Serana to dissapear from my sight and was like: ". . . let's never speak of this again."

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Long bow, stalhrim bow, nordic bow, dragonbone bow... pretty much any streamlined bow. I can tolerate dwarven (Zephyr) but elvish bows (Auriel's) are way too bulky for my taste. I like as much vision down sight as I can get.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I love my dragonbone bow, but imo, the prettiest bow I have is a daedric one I made with a soul capture enchantment on it. I love the purple glow the soul enchantment gives the bow, coupled with the red, makes it glow pink.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
It really depends on what kind of archer I'm playing.

Warrior type archer: Any metallic based bow (elven, glass, ebony, etc...)

Hunter: Any bone or wood based bow will usually do (forsworn, dragon bone, long/hunting bow, etc...)

Assassin: Any evil or dark looking bow (ebony, daedric, etc...)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts