In My Time of Need: Kematu or Saadia? (possible spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
He said, she said. That's what I like about this game. It's not black or white, but shades of grey.

However, I didn't like the way Kematu talked. He sounded like a slimeball. So I killed him and all his thugs.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Just how many shades are we talking here?

It's a euphemism for there not being an obvious right or wrong answer, but many points of view. Sad that I have to explain this. The education system has really gone to plops in this country.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Eury

Dovahkiin
I helped Saadia simply because of what the Alik'r say when you ask "Why are you looking for her?".
If they think it's not my business, then why would I help them?

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
My comment had less to do with common colloquial phrases and more to do with current popular culture:
Amazon.com: Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (9780345803481): E L James: Books

My apologies if I misunderstood. I've only been back stateside for about 6 weeks and I don't pay much attention to pop culture anyways. I spend most of my time now sleeping in, playing video games and going fishing whenever I want. It's going to take me a while to readjust to civilian life apparently.

MojoFilter99

I always help Saadia...with the express purpose of gaining a whole bunch of Scimitars when I wipe out Kematu & company.

I want to have plenty o' Scimitars to enchant...they're one of the best one-handed weapons early on in the game.

There aren't any long-term consequences other than that. Plus, I like having Whiterun with as many NPC's as possible...it just makes the place seem more lively. Help Kematu, and Saadia's gone.

Docta Corvina

Pff, yeah, and you marry the thief that asks you to frame someone right off the bat. :p

Brynjolf is a) HOT and b) totally okay with me botching that mission so poor Brand-Shei didn't have to go to jail. So marrying him after we became Nightingales was like...destined, man. :p

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
Though I was pissed not being able to know who was right or who was wrong in the whole situation, I can't help but feel Saadia or Iman or whatever she goes by is lying. First off, her scars. If all she really did was speak out against the Thalmor, how in the world is her face banged up like that if all she is is a public speaker? If she is a fighter, she sure as hell never mentioned it. Second, she seems a lot more frantic and worried about the Alik'r's arrival and not being caught, while Kematu is calm and professional while addressing you the whole time, certainly too calm to be holding any major secrets from you. Plus, she sends me into a an enemy-infested cave ALONE, knowing well that I'll probably be outnumbered.

No worries though, I made sure to thank her for accompanying me on this dangerous mission while she was busy getting arrested :D

Snoball

Waitwaitwait...
Doesn't pretty much everyone in Tamriel do that?

Hmm. Come to think of it, that's true lol. Even so, she may have well lied (not exactly saying she did) and unlike other npcs, she uses a random stranger to solve her own problems that she could more than likely solve herself.

Wow, that sounds too familiar. Apparently everyone does do that... I guess I mostly went against her because of Kematu's sheer badassery and of course didn't feel like fighting against them with those curved swords of theirs.
Think about it.

CURVED. SWORDS.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Though I was pissed not being able to know who was right or who was wrong in the whole situation, I can't help but feel Saadia or Iman or whatever she goes by is lying. First off, her scars. If all she really did was speak out against the Thalmor, how in the world is her face banged up like that if all she is is a public speaker?
"Hello, Im a Thalmor Justiciar, you must be new around here to think you can say things like that about the Aldmeri Dominion. Let me introduce your face to my sword..."

I think this has to be the weakest reason I have ever heard anyone present for thinking that Saadia's lying to you. Notwithstanding that Kematu's story makes absolutely no sense because Taneth fell to the Thalmor when Saadia was either an infant or a toddler, if you completely ignore what may possibly be the largest lore f***fup by the developers in the game and pretend that Saadia and Kematu traveled to Skyrim via a time wormhole from Hammerfell circa 4E 171, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to deduce that the Thalmor don't tolerate open dissent in the territories controlled by the Aldmeri Dominion. If you choose not to ignore the lore then Kematu's claims become absurd.

Snoball

"Hello, Im a Thalmor Justiciar, you must be new around here to think you can say things like that about the Aldmeri Dominion. Let me introduce your face to my sword..."

I think this has to be the weakest reason I have ever heard anyone present for thinking that Saadia's lying to you. Notwithstanding that Kematu's story makes absolutely no sense because Taneth fell to the Thalmor when Saadia was either an infant or a toddler, if you completely ignore what may possibly be the largest lore f***fup by the developers in the game and pretend that Saadia and Kematu traveled to Skyrim via a time wormhole from Hammerfell circa 4E 171, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to deduce that the Thalmor don't tolerate open dissent in the territories controlled by the Aldmeri Dominion. If you choose not to ignore the lore then Kematu's claims become absurd.

Well then, I'm sorry the opinion wasn't so "lore-bound" to your liking. Your obviously correct on the matter, but talking down to someone's opinion who may, oh I don't know... not be with familiar with that bit of information isn't exactly the way of going about it. Maybe instead of "Your reasoning is weak", perhaps a "Well, did you know that..." would have sufficed. But still, thank you for educating me on that.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.

lulu doll

iRaWr
I had sadia arrested. I can vaguely remember the details since I did it when I was still a lowbie

I played both sides to see, but in the end kematu was telling the truth about bringing her to justice, because if you kill her he gets upset, they clearly wanted to put her on trial. If kematu was an assassin she would have already been dead. Or the dark brotherhood would have been hired.

clearly they wanted her alive to face justice. the thalmor have execution orders for her too. like I said i vaguely remember all the details.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts