In My Time of Need: Kematu or Saadia? (possible spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I always pick Saadia. And I think it's hilarious when Kematu hints that you're only helping her because she slept with you.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
And I think it's hilarious when Kematu hints that you're only helping her because she slept with you.

That is without a doubt one of my favorite lines in Skyrim. "A more base need, perhaps?"

asilentfire

Kill them all and eat some waffles, don't say you never had french fries.. Lydia ate all the burgers so I killed them all.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Kematu is a bounty hunter for the redguard's saadia sold out the capital city in hammerfell to the altmeri dominion

Avindr

My first Character I helped Saadia.. my second character I helped the Alik'r.. I then happened to visit the Hall of The Dead in Whiterun and found Saadia's burial urn which was evidence enough that the Alik'r were being dishonest... I then backtracked a few saves and took out the Alik'r.. they promised she would make it back to Hammerfell.

Morgan

I hate to say this, but the last couple of times I have turned in Saadia just because the Bannered Mare is already too crowded. One less person to bump into while stealing tomatoes if she's on an executioner's block in Hammerfell!

Purr

:3
I have always helped Saadia... I don't know why. If you do that quest early on your game it would be easier to help Kematu. : | I have always problems when I fight with Kematu and his HammerFell friends, there are so many of them!

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
My first Character I helped Saadia.. my second character I helped the Alik'r.. I then happened to visit the Hall of The Dead in Whiterun and found Saadia's burial urn which was evidence enough that the Alik'r were being dishonest... I then backtracked a few saves and took out the Alik'r.. they promised she would make it back to Hammerfell.

The Alik'r tell the truth, Saadia sold secrets to the Aldmeri Dominion to help them take Hammerfell (not that it did any good as the Redguards thrashed the dominion completley out of Hammerfell.) To help Saadia is to help the Dominion

Adam Warlock

How can either story be completely true when Hammerfeld won it`s independence from the Empire 20 years before the Dragonborn meets any of these people ?
There`s something else going on here since Saadia would have been far too young at the time.

Avindr

The Alik'r tell the truth, Saadia sold secrets to the Aldmeri Dominion to help them take Hammerfell (not that it did any good as the Redguards thrashed the dominion completley out of Hammerfell.) To help Saadia is to help the Dominion

Well maybe so.. but she was dead you know.. and they promised that she wouldn't be.. so it's either a glitch or bug, which wouldn't surprise me. Or the good guys are just as bad as the bad guys.. or maybe they are just grey.. How do you know the Alik'r are being truthful? Just curious..

Morgan

Are you talking about when Kematu zaps her by the stable? She's just frozen then. You can even kill Kematu and wake her up. He says she'll probably be executed for treason when they get back to Hammerfell, but he's up front about that from the beginning. Saadia is never harmed on stage, as it were.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I always save Saadia

Avindr

Are you talking about when Kematu zaps her by the stable? She's just frozen then. You can even kill Kematu and wake her up. He says she'll probably be executed for treason when they get back to Hammerfell, but he's up front about that from the beginning. Saadia is never harmed on stage, as it were.
Yes.. that happened and she was zap.. paralyzed... but if they took her back to hammerfell and executed her.. why bring her remains back to Whiterun? it was only a couple days later.. seems really quick to take someone to Hammerfell and execute them and then bring them back.. I also didn't notice a carriage to take her back to Hammerfell or even a horse.. yes I know the stables are there.. but where were the rest of the Alik'r.. all I know is that this is way too over analyzed..

I'm sure it is just a Bethesda oversight.. she ends up dead and so the game just adds a Burial Urn..

Morgan

Yes.. that happened and she was zap.. paralyzed... but if they took her back to hammerfell and executed her.. why bring her remains back to Whiterun? it was only a couple days later.. seems really quick to take someone to Hammerfell and execute them and then bring them back.. I also didn't notice a carriage to take her back to Hammerfell or even a horse.. yes I know the stables are there.. but where were the rest of the Alik'r.. all I know is that this is way too over analyzed..

I'm sure it is just a Bethesda oversight.. she ends up dead and so the game just adds a Burial Urn..

Well I'll be. I never noticed that. I don't hang out in the Halls of the Dead much though.

Tannia

I cooperate with Kematu but only to the point to where he freezes Saadia and then I kill him and save her, most reward for least amount of work

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
How can either story be completely true when Hammerfeld won it`s independence from the Empire 20 years before the Dragonborn meets any of these people ?
There`s something else going on here since Saadia would have been far too young at the time.
TITCR

Saadia appears to be in her early thirties at most and possibly even in her twenties. That would make her a pre-adolescent or very young adolescent at best at the time of the alleged treason.

I think the developers wanted to make the whole thing ambiguous enough that there is no clear choice, i.e. neither one of them is telling the whole truth. Kematu chooses to equip and hire bandits, i.e. violent predatory criminals, rather than hire conventional mercenaries (and we know there are plenty in Skyrim). He's no more trustworthy than Saadia.

Also parts of his dialogues don't even make any sense. He talks as if the Aldmeri Dominion are still occupying parts of Hammerfell (when he talks about the resistance against them being alive and well). Either Kematu has been living under a rock for the past 20 years or the developers messed up badly regarding his dialogues because they're irreconcilable with game lore.

I gave Saadia the benefit of the doubt. If I'm wrong then a woman who may or may not have made a bad decision as child that was considered treasonous gets to avoid being captured by a mercenary motivated by profit. If I give her to Kematu and I'm wrong then I've just sent an innocent woman to her death. I can live far more easily with the former than the latter.

I tricked Kematu into believing I would hand her over to him at the stables to get him away from his guards and then killed him before he could take Saadia. Saadia was angry at first that I used her as bait without telling her but she agreed that the end result was a good one for her, forgave me and rewarded me with 500 gold septims.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
TITCR

Saadia appears to be in her early thirties at most and possibly even in her twenties. That would make her a pre-adolescent or very young adolescent at best at the time of the alleged treason.

I think the developers wanted to make the whole thing ambiguous enough that there is no clear choice, i.e. neither one of them is telling the whole truth. Kematu chooses to equip and hire bandits, i.e. violent predatory criminals, rather than hire conventional mercenaries (and we know there are plenty in Skyrim). He's no more trustworthy than Saadia.

Also parts of his dialogues don't even make any sense. He talks as if the Aldmeri Dominion are still occupying parts of Hammerfell (when he talks about the resistance against them being alive and well). Either Kematu has been living under a rock for the past 20 years or the developers messed up badly regarding his dialogues because they're irreconcilable with game lore.

I gave Saadia the benefit of the doubt. If I'm wrong then a woman who may or may not have made a bad decision as child that was considered treasonous gets to avoid being captured by a mercenary motivated by profit. If I give her to Kematu and I'm wrong then I've just sent an innocent woman to her death. I can live far more easily with the former than the latter.

I tricked Kematu into believing I would hand her over to him at the stables to get him away from his guards and then killed him before he could take Saadia. Saadia was angry at first that I used her as bait without telling her but she agreed that the end result was a good one for her, forgave me and rewarded me with 500 gold septims.

very compelling reasoning, I never thought that far into the situation personally. props.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Either Kematu has been living under a rock for the past 20 years or the developers messed up badly regarding his dialogues because they're irreconcilable with game lore.

I keep seeing references to this "lore", and sometimes even "canon".... Where is the lore? In-game books that never run to more than 20 small pages?

There is no coherency there, just an appearance of deep lore, ancient and elder.... They just make it up as they go along...

Most of the "lore" books i find in-game are tedious accounts of wars and conquest that go back a long long time . The whole thing seems to me like a shallow cliché derivative of Tolkien's books, that doesn't actually have a coherent story behind it, am I right?

I mean, it's a joke, the game doesn’t give a hoot about its own story. (eg: "You should visit the College of Winterhold" when you're the Archmage)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts