In My Time of Need: Kematu or Saadia? (possible spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ra666x

no stone left unturned
Personally I helped Saadia because I didn't trust the look of the Alik'r warriors. They looked like common thug mercenaries to me, and my barbarian's hammer needed to crack some skulls. One woman versus eight warriors? You know whose on! ;-)

I guess my character did fall for a pretty face though -_-...I just didn't see her as evil. Plus she rewards you with being able to stay in her tavern anytime. That's convenient.

fine pic bi da way x

wow couldnt resist wat a perfect op for a rumblezzzzzzzzzzz ... yee did have a pit stop for moral n perfection after readin up da awesome tred a decided no time like de present n let rip...jus beforea had ta answer double scim man a pressed red button n oppted outta answerin , saved up quick , then got hipnostised at celtics pic=]x n decided it is all a bit balancedeither way ya look at itthen her eyes caught mi focuz n it poped in mi head that a walked in cave a diplomated n excited a hero=]

when it came down ta it upon enterin a was attacked without cause or provication or given a chance ta explain why a was there or antthing big mistake on da cave nubs behalf so a schooled them all in manners...

a took mi helper uder the fountain up the ramp into the narrow corridor n asked her ta wait then a returned inta da cave took one look n retyrned there way of sayin hii n toasted one of there buts with a slight singe burn on mi lv 10 mini fire ball ta say hii in there way n they turned n bolted at mi so a ran into the narrow passage tuened n faced n slapped them up 1 bi one essey pessey=] jd

far as the moral goes a picked up all da skims rinsed there boss of 100g ta boot n decided a was gonna take all da skims ta the town centre thrown room n explain ta throwny that the dudes they kept ouuta da city cuz they was botterin guards a went ta have a chat with them n find out wat was goin on as a am da dragon born after all=] n without provo they attacked so a clean the cave up but a brought u the scims oh throwny ta let u know they had guard uniforms on n am gonna drop 6 of the scims ta the floor at his feet n say am keepin two as a trofy ta remind da town no one messes wiv us=]

then am goin ta da gal with a bottle of red say wat happened collect mi thankx n carry on treckin mind all clean n hapz

Invader Vin

This thread is how I found this forum a month ago...I was curious what the alternative option to helping Saadia was and if I had made the "right" choice. BlackArrow's explanation on the previous page makes the most logical sense to me, so through all of my subsequent games I've always turned her in.

However, I do feel the actual truth was left intentionally ambiguous so you could interpret this quest in different ways and make your own choice accordingly.

ra666x

no stone left unturned
ditto same as bro...a jus googled found this place yesturday n had ta let people kno a was alive=] a did link da gal first so a stayed loyal ta her even tho it did all sound a bit fishy when cave dudes explained there side ...butttttttttttt they should of had that convo at the beginin of the cave not the end when they felt defeted after havin a shot at exicutin mi=] peace all x

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I decided not to turn her in, and so I went to that cave to defeat that guy at the end. I realised that I was only a low level at the time, and there were eight tough warriors with their swords at my throat. I just couldn't beat them, and so decided to turn her in and get the gold. ;)

ra666x

no stone left unturned
lol teritus did ya read mi first post??? a was a lvl 9 or 10 when a went in there n a jus lured them into the narrow passage was on the way out of the fountain room n took them out 1 at a time easy as pie=]

Teritus

I hadn't thought of that. I was fairly poor at the time anyhow, and so I thought I could use the good amount of money they had promised me.

ra666x

no stone left unturned
haha but earlier they said he only had 150 gold on him when a looted him this way a got 100g so a only missed out on 50g n got 7k in bank so payin 50g ta miss all that palava was worth it n a dropped the other 6 scims at the throwns feet so they could tell the tail for years ta come haahaaha love gettin into it n keep mi concious clear=]

Teritus

Personally I helped Saadia because I didn't trust the look of the Alik'r warriors. They looked like common thug mercenaries to me, and my barbarian's hammer needed to crack some skulls.

There's nothing so deceiving as a first impression.

ra666x

no stone left unturned
plus if they keep comin after her like they say a got some gd lootin ta come=]]]

bigdaddyvu

Depends if your for the dominion (Imperials) or the independence (storm cloaks) of skyrim. Saadia publicly spoke out against the dominion (thalmor) in hammerfall which they control the empire. I believe your decision should be based on personal preference. you cant tell which one is telling the truth.

XhoppX

I have done it both ways...and as far as actual reward...you get the same amount of gold for helping her or the Alikr

GodTier

I've Figured it out... Assassins wouldn't want her alive... You don't hire Assassins to take prisoners... You hire assassins to assassinate....

She's Lying....

But I want those scimitars....

I think i'll kill'em both

I was undecided and on one character I killed both. Besides the well presented reasons to go against saadia here are my two selfish reasons to help either one.
1) helping saadia - Marriage for the future if possible. She's in the top 3 that I have found that are reasonably attactive. Also Killing Kematu gives you some of the coolist looking scimitar's in the game, plus the unique outfit you can wear in the game. (did this on my thief character)
2) helping Kematu - not fighting through that well planned ambush in the cave they stay at. Watching Saadia get frozen like a popcile was hilarious.

Jamirus

Eater of random alchemy ingredients
I helped Saddia. It is an equal amount of gold for both ways. I found out you can actually plan a double cross and meet kematu at the whiterun stables alone. Before he seizes saddia you can attack. She gives out that you used her as bait but you still get the same amount of gold.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts