In My Time of Need: Kematu or Saadia? (possible spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I've tried the "kill at the stables" thing, but, for some reason, when I take his side, every time I get Saadia to the stables, he's killed the stable keeper and his son (or at least I assume he did since they're always laying there dead with him looming over them).
That's odd. If you want to try it again the only thing I can suggest is to try it late at night when those two should be inside their house.
That's a good idea. I almost always do my adventuring during the daytime (carrying a torch or using candlelight or magelight takes away a hand), but, with this new character, since I'm trying to make her much darker, that may be the ticket!

Dien

It's always the amount of coin. Well let's see, you get 500 either way, so it's a mysterious case indeed, BUT... Kematu said he gives you half of the bounty, that means the actual bounty was 1000, while if you chose to help Saadia she gives you only 500 for saving her life. 500 coins for your life, seriously?! I mean did she even consider I had the option to betray her?! Case would be solved, BUT... we shouldn't forget that she works as a barmaid so probably she gave you more than enough coins in that occasion. The only thing that bothers me that she didn't say anything like "Oh thank you for saving my life, if I ever get back to Hammerfell you are more than welcome at my place at anytime because I am a noble and my family is going to be so thankful for saving me that they will make you swim in sweetrolls" or something like those original "thank you" lines. Everyone has to admit that she could have said something like that at least, that's a little fishy.
OK let's talk about Kematu. As I mentioned he says he gives you half of the bounty if you help him track down Saadia. We get 500 from him if we do so, that means the full bounty was 1000. But how do we now he did not lie? I mean we never saw the bounty for Saadia, we don't know how many coins we should get. What if Kematu gave us a lot less than we deserved?! The cheap bastard. But OK, let's say he gave us the deserved amount. That means Saadia has a high bounty on her, but is it high enough for someone who gave away a whole city? That would be 1000 coins, yeah right. So either way he cut our payment or he's not telling the truth. Same for Saadia. At least she could have said she's going to send the other half of our payment if she ever gets back to Hammerfell. With a courier. Oh wait that courier would actually get more coin than us, making his way from Hammerfell to Skyrim.
Actually I am very bad at conclusions, I just thought I'm going to point those things out, maybe there is someone who is smarter than me. In my opinion even Bethesda wouldn't know the answer.
(Someone mentioned they were attacked by the Thalmor Execution Squad after helping Kematu. Or was it Saadia? Nevermind, because b*tch please, I ran into them when I was level 3, haven't finished any quests at all and they still wanted to kill me! Where is your God now?)

I juat finished this for umptine time , Killed Kematu , then looted him for 2 hundred G and Saadia gave 500 G so not to bad for a quickie quest .

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I always just kill Kematu and loot the heck out of Swindler's Den. That way I get the 500 from Saadia + everything I can get from there netting me somewhere around 2K. Not bad for a days work. :)

I always just kill Kematu and loot the heck out of Swindler's Den. That way I get the 500 from Saadia + everything I can get from there netting me somewhere around 2K. Not bad for a days work. :)[
I always just kill Kematu and loot the heck out of Swindler's Den. That way I get the 500 from Saadia + everything I can get from there netting me somewhere around 2K. Not bad for a days work. :)

Yea that's even better , I must give that a good go next time ....

Xamrin

I'm going to decide right and wrong by who's telling the truth. I despise the Aldmeri Dominion and know who ever is with them is clearly evil.

Saadia claims she's a noble who spoke out against the dominion and is on the run from the Alik'r warriors.

Now I come to kill the warriors and their leader says she sold out to the dominion and they're rebels trying to bring her to justice.

I don't know who to believe, but whichever is really with the dominion is the one I'm against.

Lucid

Or...they're both lying to you. Maybe Saadia ran and is being sought for something completely different, and each of them are trying to use your dislike of the Thalmor to sway you in their favor. Saying that you are against the Aldmeri Dominion is a pretty easy way to get the people of Skyrim in your corner.

I don't know either way, I'm just putting that out there.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I have done both, depends on my character and who I think they would believe. It's one of those quests when you decide who is right and who is wrong as they are equally unrelenting in their point of view. As the quest doesn't really have any influence over any further quests, then you are free to chose who you want without any consequences. It's a good one for RP, making you make the choice.

why wouldn't Saadia trust them with the information? And saying "Jarls can be bought" - can you honestly see Jarl Balgruuf being paid off by mercenaries?

Balgruuf? No. Siddgeir? Absolutely. Saadia might not know Balgruuf personally, and he seems to be one of the more upstanding of the jarls of Skyrim, but a few of them (Siddgeir, Law-Giver, Skald, and arguably Stormcloak) are serious turds.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
When I first did this quest, and she pulled out a knife. I killed her, thought she was about to attack me. I claimed self defense, people of Whiterun didn't buy that and I had to kill half the population in self defense.

I dislike the Thalmor, both said the other was working for the Thalmor. I provided summary execution for them both, DrunkenMage hands out equal justice.

But in all seriousness, I have only done the quest twice. Majority of my characters haven't started the main quest and I don't speak with the Redguards on the road who are questioning the woman.

Generally anytime I see them, I'm on my wizard. He doesn't waste time on the mundane lives of those around him.

JClarke1953

I'm currently on the In My Time of Need quest.

Saadia the redguard woman in Whiterun asked me to track down Kematu and kill him. I'm up to the point where I've located him, but he's given me the option of helping him capture Saadia instead (she's a supposed traitor).

Does anybody know what advantages or future repercussions may arise from either option (killing Kematu or helping him capture Saadia)? I don't want to find myself later in game thinking to myself "Drat... wish I hadn't done that."

Either way, it's a win/win for the Dragonborn. What's fun is timing it right so Kematu pays, then kill him, calm Saadia when she wakes, she pays, gets pissed, attacks, and you can kill her without a bounty (if she attacks first). Then loot her, Kematu and her room.

With the char I have now, she let Kematu take Saadia, and feels it's right. She's not much on traitor's, and Kematu made an excellent argument, she feels. :-)

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I don't speak with the Redguards on the road who are questioning the woman.
I misread this as just "I don't speak with Redguards." I was all "jeeeeez, Drunk, you freaking racist..." :p

I wish Saadia was available for marriage. After killing like 10 well trained Akalikai red guard assassins that is the least she can do.

Heh, I actually did that with some mods. Played as an Alik'r mercenary who fell in love with Saadia, betrayed his buddies, and ran away with her.
mission_failed_by_janus3003-d5rqr3g.jpg

Dang it, Cyrus, you had one job. Just one job.

ShadowHunter

Saadia is a complete liar. She claims that the Alik'r are assassins sent by the Aldmeri Dominion, yet the resistance against the Aldmeri Dominion is strong in Hammerfell. Why would the Redguards team up with the Thalmor?

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I believe that if Saadia is killed, there are Thalmor assassins sent out after the player for "interfering with plans" or something like that. My Imperial Ranger decided to aid Kematu because she didn't believe the Redguards would side with the Thalmor and by believing Saadia was a Thalmor spy, wanted to take a small shot at the AD by getting rid of her. Hope that makes sense haha.

JClarke1953

Well, I went through the "job" twice just for the heck of it (I had always taken Kematu's $ first while Saadia was on the ground, kill)loot him, collect more from her after calming, then kill/loot her when she attacks).

Talking to Kematu in the cave is what convinced me to turn her over to them, this time. I believe she had gone against her own, and I do love bating the Thalmor, "Yes! I worship Talos!"

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I've killed Kematu in that cave, I've never seen so much curved swords.. curved.. swords..

Vaga8ond

I don't speak with the Redguards on the road who are questioning the woman.
I misread this as just "I don't speak with Redguards." I was all "jeeeeez, Drunk, you freaking racist..." :p

I wish Saadia was available for marriage. After killing like 10 well trained Akalikai red guard assassins that is the least she can do.

Heh, I actually did that with some mods. Played as an Alik'r mercenary who fell in love with Saadia, betrayed his buddies, and ran away with her.
mission_failed_by_janus3003-d5rqr3g.jpg

Dang it, Cyrus, you had one job. Just one job.

Ha ha.... I like it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts