In My Time of Need: Kematu or Saadia? (possible spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm currently on the In My Time of Need quest.

Saadia the redguard woman in Whiterun asked me to track down Kematu and kill him. I'm up to the point where I've located him, but he's given me the option of helping him capture Saadia instead (she's a supposed traitor).

Does anybody know what advantages or future repercussions may arise from either option (killing Kematu or helping him capture Saadia)? I don't want to find myself later in game thinking to myself "Drat... wish I hadn't done that."

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Well, I hate to say this, but this is one of those choices that you have to make yourself in game. Weigh both sides, and measure who you think is in the right, and who you want to support.

Also, and I hate to be rude, so don't take offense by this, but I'm not sure this is an appropriate topic for a thread, mainly because there is sooooo many of these instances in game, that if everyone posted a thread asking for help on a 50/50 choice, there wouldn't be any other threads! Haha.

I would recommend googling "skyrim walkthough" or something along those lines, and finding some help through those links; I would bet you'll find a walkthrough with some information on these NPCs. =)

Good luck!

Deadhand

Finally found her myself. Yeah I ended up helping the Alik'r, because I won't be taken advantage of by a pretty face. Don't fall for it. :p

And you know, I don't think this is one of those quests that has repercussions... I think it's just a stand-alone side quest.

tiiBBz

The walkthrough is wrong, the best way to complete the quest is to be a devious little s*** =P

agree to help the Alik'r (so you don't have to waste time slaying 8 guys), lead Saadia to the stable then quickly run behind Kematu and go sneak, once Kematu stuns Saadia sneak attack him with your one hander (x6 dam) and finish him, after doing so the quest pops up "Speak to Saadia" tell her "The Alik'r won't bother you anymore, blah blah blah" she thanks you and is happy so gives you 500G then loot Kematu for a further 150G and two nice swords.

All and all, least trouble for max profit, plus you get to see the whole quest!

thecelticlatino

Personally I helped Saadia because I didn't trust the look of the Alik'r warriors. They looked like common thug mercenaries to me, and my barbarian's hammer needed to crack some skulls. One woman versus eight warriors? You know whose on! ;-)

I guess my character did fall for a pretty face though -_-...I just didn't see her as evil. Plus she rewards you with being able to stay in her tavern anytime. That's convenient.

Deadhand

Haha nothing wrong with that celtic, will probably help her next time. =) Or tiiBBz method even. That sounds fun.... >:)

thecelticlatino

tiiBBz method sounds sooo good lol! But yes Deadhand, definitely if you're on a certain side and don't want to give common thugs the time of day help Ms. Saadia out ;-)

Touchstone

I haven't finished it yet (AH WITHDRAWALS) but I plan on killing the bandits. The night mother would prefer more souls to fewer.

cubu

i helped Saadia through the quest, killed and looted her afterwards, she was a liar and a coward.

the high post count is likely from google, since this is one of the earlier quests where you can make a decision and many noobs worry about making the wrong choice, i quickly got over that...

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
the leader convinced me to betray Saadia (he was a little too well-spoken to be a common mercenary thug, IMO), that and he looked pretty tough and he had 7 other dudes backing him up!

Touchstone

I decided to help Saadia; I'm a sucker for a pretty face, I guess. The Redguards don't stop looking for her though! I keep running into new ones (and killing them for her pretty face).

brandon

i helped the woman even though i dont really belive her story about being a noble. but after i killed all of the leaders guys he stopped fighting to ask me to help him. i thought that was a weak move by a so called leader. so he died and i rocked the two scimitars he had. they looked cool. he was the first person i had seen with dual weapons. and also the reason i switched to the 1 handed combat. fun battle by the way.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
I gave Saadia up to Kematu... I hate it when women lie. If she would have told me the truth I might have helped her. She sold out her own people too. That doesn't sit well with me.

BlackArrow

I thought about it as well. tiiBBZ offered a max-profit way. I'll go with the truth, since plenty of coins later.
I think it's far more likely that Saadia is the liar here rather than the Alik'r, for the following reasons:

1. The reason offered by Saadia for her need to hide was that she outspoke against the Aldemeri Dominion. But Hammerfell (homeland of the redguards) has been in war with the Aldemeri Dominion for years, there are surely someone who speaks against the other over there. Saadia only needs to run to any unfallen redguard city if she was truly speaking against the Dominion. Her escape to Skyrim however may indicate something else.

2. Also, if her excuse was true, it should be the thalmors instead of the redguards that want her life. I think most redguards would actually praise her for her outspokenness if her words were true.

3. If you loot (or steal, if your pickpocket is high) Kematu, you'd find that he was wearing Hammerfell official uniforms. They may be indeed legit investigators. I've so far found nothing to prove Saadia's identity. The fact that Kematu and his men live inside a bandit's cave was because Whiterun doesn't allow them into the city. Sneaking and eardropping on the bandits will show that Kematu paid for the residence place. He himself is no bandit.

4. When turned Saadia over to Kematu, he said to her something like "Not everyone can be seduced by you..." indicating that Saadia might have used others to cover her track before. It does not directly prove her to be guilty but from someone who seduces multiple times to send people to death.... her credit is in doubt.

5. When travel farther, you will see that there are Alik'r warriors all over Skyrim looking for Saadia. They apologize to those they mistakenly thought as her. It looks more like an organized searching project rather than some assassinations or bandits' moves.

Of course these reasons are debatable, but combining all of them I'd say that Saadia is far more likely to be the liar here.

brandon

I thought about it as well. tiiBBZ offered a max-profit way. I'll go with the truth, since plenty of coins later.
I think it's far more likely that Saadia is the liar here rather than the Alik'r, for the following reasons:

1. The reason offered by Saadia for her need to hide was that she outspoke against the Aldemeri Dominion. But Hammerfell (homeland of the redguards) has been in war with the Aldemeri Dominion for years, there are surely someone who speaks against the other over there. Saadia only needs to run to any unfallen redguard city if she was truly speaking against the Dominion. Her escape to Skyrim however may indicate something else.

2. Also, if her excuse was true, it should be the thalmors instead of the redguards that want her life. I think most redguards would actually praise her for her outspokenness if her words were true.

3. If you loot (or steal, if your pickpocket is high) Kematu, you'd find that he was wearing Hammerfell official uniforms. They may be indeed legit investigators. I've so far found nothing to prove Saadia's identity. The fact that Kematu and his men live inside a bandit's cave was because Whiterun doesn't allow them into the city. Sneaking and eardropping on the bandits will show that Kematu paid for the residence place. He himself is no bandit.

4. When turned Saadia over to Kematu, he said to her something like "Not everyone can be seduced by you..." indicating that Saadia might have used others to cover her track before. It does not directly prove her to be guilty but from someone who seduces multiple times to send people to death.... her credit is in doubt.

5. When travel farther, you will see that there are Alik'r warriors all over Skyrim looking for Saadia. They apologize to those they mistakenly thought as her. It looks more like an organized searching project rather than some assassinations or bandits' moves.

Of course these reasons are debatable, but combining all of them I'd say that Saadia is far more likely to be the liar here.
true she might be a liar but she didnt say anything about speaking out against the thalmor to me.(i mightve hit the a button by mistake) she told me she was a noble and alkir warriors killed her entire family. so if she can tell different people something else then maybe she was lying. but i saved her and once i figure out how to remarry i might take her under my wing. shes one of the cutest women in skyrim

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I really didn't like that she drew a dagger on me in our first private meeting on the play through, so when I met Kematu on my first play through I decided to take his side. Then at the Stable meeting when he captured her I felt bad that I was sending her to her execution so I betrayed Kematu and killed him, and collected the reward from Saadia, but then for some reason out of nowhere Lydia shows up and kills Saadia....I was like WTF Lydia. LOL

On my current Imperial playthrough I decided to help her for good. I had a scroll of Firestorm and walked up the ramp to 3 of the warriors and detonated, then I jumped into the water to a defenseable area and waited. Only Kematu came at me and was 3/4 injured. I had coated my sword with a paralyzing poison so one swing and he we paralyzed and that was that. I went to look for my enemies but they were all smouldering from the blast...it was awesome like a detonated a tactical nuke or something. Note to self I need to find more scrolls of Firestorm.

wolferine

How come none of you remember that the prisoner in the dungeon who knows Kematu warns us that he is a killer? COMON NOW! That swayed me to help the girl...if they are on official business from Hammerfell why would they ruthlessly kill outsiders like me? RUTHLESS THUG/MERCENARY/ASSASSIN ALERT.

"if you are looking for Kematu, it means you are going to die"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts