Improved Sneaking Enchant Bugged?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ardikus

Hello everyone,

I'm a first time poster on this forum and I wanted to ask you all if anyone has experienced this strange thing as I have. My hero is currently level 66 on Master difficulty; I started out by mastering the melee-oriented perks like one-hand/dual wield and heavy armor, then moved onto some magic perks like restoration and destruction, and now I'm working on my thief skills.

I crafted myself a set of Dragonscale light armor, as well as a necklace and ring; I was able to put 46% enhanced sneaking on four of these pieces, for a total of 184% enhanced sneaking.

However, when testing it out in the field, I find that I am still detected quite easily, even with over 60 sneak skill, a point in enhanced sneak perk and a point in muffled armor perk, as well as using the "Muffle" illusion spell.

After many quicksave-quickload tests, I found out that I am actually detected more easily while wearing sneak enchanted gear than I am wearing heavy armor with zero sneak enchants.

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar to this, or can help me clarify the situation.

Thanks!

Quiksilver201

I am a level 45 thief who often happens upon dungeons where i don't feel like being detected and yes i did run into this... i switched from a set of over indulging sneak gear to my nightingale gear then took all off but the boots which have a muffled sound ability so they cant hear you and this seemed to be what made my world so much easier to go through

Onyx

Not sure but it might be a bug around increasing a skill above 100. Again not sure but have seen before that if a skill is increased above 100 then the additional are actually negative multipliers (i.e at 184 you are actually then down to 16 skill).

Have you tried (for testing purposes) enchanting gear so it gives you a total of 100 in sneak (but not increasing it) and see if that improves things?

ardikus

Onyx, the Fortify Sneak enchantment doesn't actually increase Sneak skill by a numerical value, but rather does this:

sneak.jpg

I have tried using fewer pieces of gear with Fortify Sneak and found that I sneak somewhat better than wearing full sneak gear, but still I am detected more easily than wearing no sneak gear at all.

Quicksilver, thanks for your reply, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's having this issue. I suppose it's not a huge deal since now I can enchant my thief gear with something else besides Fortify Sneak

Onyx

Onyx, the Fortify Sneak enchantment doesn't actually increase Sneak skill by a numerical value, but rather does this:

sneak.jpg

I have tried using fewer pieces of gear with Fortify Sneak and found that I sneak somewhat better than wearing full sneak gear, but still I am detected more easily than wearing no sneak gear at all.

Quicksilver, thanks for your reply, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's having this issue. I suppose it's not a huge deal since now I can enchant my thief gear with something else besides Fortify Sneak

Ah I was unaware of that (since I have not done much enchanting, tried once and got a 1hp bonus lol).

Guess it might be a bug somewhere or something else we are not aware of :s

Starr

There may be a bug in there - yes - But I have experienced things working well too like the noticable difference in wearing heavy VS light armors and how quickly i am seen.
I currently am 61, wear Dragon Scale Light armor, Have all gear maxed and dual chanted for various purposes and click on my sneak set when needed. I have never tried muffle yet.
My sneak skill is around 78 i think and I am capable of not being fully noticed while being STILL, 10 feet from someone looking for me. I have not tested if that changes much if I switch gear on and off.
No doubt there are a few bugs in the game.
At my current skill level - I almost never switch the gear anymore and have one piece on at all times of +46% sneak and I can walk up on anything but a dragon which always sees you somehow.

Onyx

I am currently around lvl 22. I have lvl 80 sneak with Dark Brotherhood Shroud Gear (Muffle provided by Shroud Boots).

Enemies can only see me if I am like 1 or 2 meters in front of them and even then it takes them a few moments to pick me up. If I am behind them, even if I am crouching at full speak (using console so analog stick) then they have no chance.

So I think in normal circumstances sneak is fine the only time I have heard there are issues is when somebody enchants sneak effectivness past 100 it seems.

Note: I do find that animals detect me easier than ppl (and those damn sabercats/ice wraiths never stand still!)

fabpyrhus

Hi,
Fortify Sneak on Items IS bugged, as well as Foritfy Lockpicking, and fortify pickpocheting. I'm sure about Item fortify, but i don't have the patience to try with potions.
It's not (only) about going over a hundred because : Tested with 100 sneak, 1 perk for skill improvement, 1 muffle perk then = Adding +15% sneak item : no change, and perhaps even little worse. OR = adding 3 perks for improved skill : definitely making sneaking better.
Also, sometimes, which is mad, being invisible from the spell makes me easyer to detect, but it doesnt happen all the time, while being invisible from the stone power makes me really harder to detect...
Go figure...
I gave up also using fortify lockpicking items, it never made things better.

ceder

maybe i'm to late but i dont care

i know the sollution for this bug

just download skyrim update 7 ( patch 1.5)
then apply it in the folders

then run game

prob solved :)

Hello everyone,

I'm a first time poster on this forum and I wanted to ask you all if anyone has experienced this strange thing as I have. My hero is currently level 66 on Master difficulty; I started out by mastering the melee-oriented perks like one-hand/dual wield and heavy armor, then moved onto some magic perks like restoration and destruction, and now I'm working on my thief skills.

I crafted myself a set of Dragonscale light armor, as well as a necklace and ring; I was able to put 46% enhanced sneaking on four of these pieces, for a total of 184% enhanced sneaking.

However, when testing it out in the field, I find that I am still detected quite easily, even with over 60 sneak skill, a point in enhanced sneak perk and a point in muffled armor perk, as well as using the "Muffle" illusion spell.

After many quicksave-quickload tests, I found out that I am actually detected more easily while wearing sneak enchanted gear than I am wearing heavy armor with zero sneak enchants.

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar to this, or can help me clarify the situation.

Thanks!

I am also having this issue. I recently started going through mods disabling them one at a time and I found that "populated skyrim Hell's Edition" was the cause of this for me. I disabled it and now I can sneak again. It was so bad that I couldn't sneak at night time with muffle on while holding perfectly still. If there was an NPC or a creature within a vast distance of me I was automatically detected. Guess they need to do more work on that mod becuase it completely breaks Sneak in the game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts