PC Impossible to talk to Astrid.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

awesome_guy

Hello there lads. I'm having an issue in the quest The Cure For Madness. I let Cicero lives, so i returned to the sanctuary. When i go talk to Astrid, she only repeat the same line of dialogue. I've checked the Wikia here: The Cure for Madness - The Elder Scrolls Wiki and there is a mention on the Bugs section, where it describes my bug: 360 PC Sometimes after you return to Astrid once Cicero has been killed, she will say her first line of dialogue and will be unable to be interacted with. Instead when you try to talk to her she will repeat the same line of dialogue again.
But there is no fix mention. Can someone help me?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
What version of Skyrim are you playing? Is your game fully updated via Steam? When was the last time you verified the integrity of the game cache?

awesome_guy

I'm playing the 1.8 something, yes, it is fully updated via Steam, i have the Dawnguard and Hearthfire addons, and i do not remember to "verify the integrity of the game cache" (whatever that means, lol).

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Among other things, verifying the integrity of your game cache may detect corrupted data in your game and fix it.

EnjoyaLife

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried a couple of basic things (logging in and out, coming back after a few other quests, talking to other members of the guild, slamming Astrid in the face, etc.) but she seems very persistent. Have you found a fix yet?

Smarty

Did y'all try reloading? As Dagmar said, verify the integrity of the game cache, go to steam, right click skyrim, local files, click verify integrity of game cache. Also, did that stupid wolf talk to you before entering the dawnstar sanctuary? If not, go back to it and talk to him. Once you've done all that, post back here, there are other possible solutions I don't have time to explain right now.

alceryes

Also, did that stupid wolf talk to you before entering the dawnstar sanctuary? If not, go back to it and talk to him.

This can cause what you are experiencing. He's right outside the entrance to the dawnguard sanctuary.

Latest posts