• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JakeGeorge!

Orc Life
I'd like to be able to import characters from Oblivion/Skyrim in future Elder Scrolls games. Maybe not at their current level or with their gear as amped up as it is in the game they came from though, but I think it'd be cool to be able to keep the character you spent an entire game with and bring them into the next one.

Dallas-Arbiter

Yes. That would be great. But, in almost every game they've made, the characters look completely different than the one before. Who knows what the various races in the next Elder Scrolls will look like.

It can be done in Fallout 3/New Vegas. I made my character for F3 in the Geck, wasn't too much different than the default female Hispanic face, in Fallout 3 that would of been Pepper Gomez, in New Vegas, it was one of the generic boomer women. Anyway, when I got New Vegas, I modded up a preset that was exact copy, gave her the same name I used in Fallout 3, and made a story that after everything went down in the capital wasteland, she went west in search of more adventure.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I think the gameplay of Elder Scrolls changes too much to allow for character importing (though it looks like they were going to allow it in Daggerfall, but that feature was cut).

Declando

Dwarvenborn
Nah, Bethesda have always said that you don't need to play the previous games to understand the latest one.

I agree with their motives. Importing characters would bore me silly, to be frank. I get bored enough of my characters already, I don't really want to bring them into another game. Especially with the time difference, their faces would....ugh...

Exelex

It would be cool (it's one of the features that makes the Mass Effect series a great RP game series), but the timelines between each game are very large.

Toralf Snow-Song

Level ?? (Elite) Humanoid
Not really importing characters, but importing the saves. Wouldn't make sense if I destroyed the Brotherhood and took Skyrim for the Empire and the next game was contradicting that.

However, a great length of time between the events in Skyrim and the next game could make up for this... Maybe.

Creating a sequel to a game with a number of choices is always a challenge to say the least.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts