Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Case in point, this Altmer...is awesome! Legate Fasendil. :)

Just more proof positive that everyone truly is fighting on different sides, for different reasons. It's not black and white.
I've always called them the Thalmor, because I've seen plenty of Bosmer, Altmer, and Khajiit walking around Skyrim who dislike the Aldmeri Dominion.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
Case in point, this Altmer...is awesome! Legate Fasendil. :)

Just more proof positive that everyone truly is fighting on different sides, for different reasons. It's not black and white.

That guy is indeed awesome. On one of my Imperial playthroughs, I made a High Elf with the same backstory (if not similar) as he has.

Docta Corvina

I've always called them the Thalmor, because I've seen plenty of Bosmer, Altmer, and Khajiit walking around Skyrim who dislike the Aldmeri Dominion.

Exactly - not all Altmer (or elves in general, for that matter) are supportive of the Thalmor or anything else that the AD gets involved in. Everyone's coming at it from different perspectives and personal experiences. And that's why it's so haunting when you hear from Civil War faction Nords who mention how they know people or have good friends wearing the other uniform. It's all quite tragic really, when it comes down to it.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
The Thalmor can take over Oblivion, and take their blood-sucking High ELves with em!

Our poor Khajit and Bosmer friends suffer at their hands!

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Exactly - not all Altmer (or elves in general, for that matter) are supportive of the Thalmor or anything else that the AD gets involved in. Everyone's coming at it from different perspectives and personal experiences. And that's why it's so haunting when you hear from Civil War faction Nords who mention how they know people or have good friends wearing the other uniform. It's all quite tragic really, when it comes down to it.
I myself just believe the Empire isn't the same anymore, and a new one needs to be formed. That's my personal view, and the fact that the Thalmor are basically controlling the Empire in a figure of speech, just makes me believe it more, no matter if the Empire wants to try and rebel, it's all pure speculation.

Docta Corvina

I myself just believe the Empire isn't the same anymore, and a new one needs to be formed. That's my personal view, and the fact that the Thalmor are basically controlling the Empire in a figure of speech, just makes me believe it more, no matter if the Empire wants to try and rebel, it's all pure speculation.

Well, again, that's the beauty of the game. Bethesda made a point to show the good and bad of both sides and it's up to us as players to decide what weighs more. Speculation is all we really have. My personal feeling has always been that the Empire is biding its time, that what was done was done out of necessity (hindsight is 20/20, etc.) and though it has its issues with corruption like any other organization is susceptible to, I see it as the way to deal with the Thalmor and the Dominion in the future. No doubt that little about the contemporary situation in Skyrim and the Empire at large is ideal. But I think that once the rebellion is quelled and reconciled, the vantage point will become that much clearer and the rebuilding can begin. The fracturing that's occurring is, in my mind, exactly what the Thalmor/AD wants. I just refuse to let them get away with that smugness.

At least we can agree that the Thalmor are trash and should be dealt with accordingly. :p

J

Jeremius

my dawnguard is going to go empire for no odd reason, and my vamp is probably going rebels. but i care not for either side.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
i mainly support the empire out of my past tes games i played eversince morrowind and feel they will eventually ride this out like they do and get the protaganist to save the day just like in oblivion plus most protaganists who support the stormcloaks are new to tes games but not all

A lot of people support the Empire because of their previous played TES games experience, and already established up a relationship for them. For people like I who never played any of the previous games never built the relationship for the empire. The only exposure that I received was when they were about to chop off my head without giving me a fair trial. My name wasn't even on the list and some snobby captain shrugged it off like if my life didn't mean anything to her. General Tullius was right there when it happen, and he didn't even interfere with the execution so I say pox on the empire! I may not agree with Ulfric in some issues, but I do understand his reasons.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
A lot of people support the Empire because of their previous played TES games experience, and already established up a relationship for them. For people like I who never played any of the previous games never built the relationship for the empire. The only exposure that I received was when they were about to chop off my head without giving me a fair trial. My name wasn't even on the list and some snobby captain shrugged it off like if my life didn't mean anything to her. General Tullius was right there when it happen, and he didn't even interfere with the execution so I say pox on the empire! I may not agree with Ulfric in some issues, but I do understand his reasons.

Once again, if the roles were reversed, I seriously doubt the Stormcloaks would have given you a fair trial either. And Tullius was giving all his attention to Ulfric, which in the grand scheme of things would make sense. Try a different argument. That one is getting seriously outdated.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
The only exposure that I received was when they were about to chop off my head without giving me a fair trial. My name wasn't even on the list and some snobby captain shrugged it off like if my life didn't mean anything to her. General Tullius was right there when it happen, and he didn't even interfere with the execution so I say pox on the empire! I may not agree with Ulfric in some issues, but I do understand his reasons.

As Juniperbugg had said, if you side with Hadvar you get attacked by a band of Stormcloaks for no reason also. Even when Hadvar trys to reason with them. That argument could be swayed both ways. But either way, it's not a good argument.

Grogmar Ghrobash

I don't see how the Thalmor are controlling the Empire at all. The Empire is simply following a peace treaty and abiding by it's conditions. Other than that everything they do is in their own free will. It always confuses me when people try to use this as an argument against the Empire, but they never give any examples of how the Empire is actually being controlled by the Thalmor.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Hey Xavier, Lets say your a christian and the Government bans the worship of Christ because he was a 'mere man'. WHat would you do?

Well, if you want to speak in real world terms then a revolution could be justified since that would be going against the constitution. This is assuming it's taking place in the United States of course. But in Skyrim there is nothing that says they can't ban people from worshiping a certain god. So, that isn't really a good analogy.

Raijin

Once again, if the roles were reversed, I seriously doubt the Stormcloaks would have given you a fair trial either. And Tullius was giving all his attention to Ulfric, which in the grand scheme of things would make sense. Try a different argument. That one is getting seriously outdated.

Your statement is nothing more than an opinion, and not by facts. You don't know if the Stormcloaks would give you a fair trial because it didn't happen that way. It's not part of the story so therefor it's none canon.

Even if Tullius was right there inches away from the captain I don't think he would care one way or another. After all even when you speak to the man (without being on either side) he often gives you that infamous rude comment "There something I can do for you? Perhaps direct you to the nearest prison..."

The FACT is that the imperial legion was about to execute someone who's name wasn't on the list. How many excuse can you give to them for their reason to do that? Yeah lets keep calling Ulfric and his rebellion racists... lets keep talking about how he only cares for nords and so on while the imperial legion is out murdering people that they snatch up from the roads.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Your statement is nothing more than an opinion, and not by facts. You don't know if the Stormcloaks would give you a fair trial because it didn't happen that way. It's not part of the story so therefor it's none canon.

Even if Tullius was right there inches away from the captain I don't think he would care one way or another. After all even when you speak to the man (without being on either side) he often gives you that infamous rude comment "There something I can do for you? Perhaps direct you to the nearest prison..."

The FACT is that the imperial legion was about to execute someone who's name wasn't on the list. How many excuse can you give to them for their reason to do that? Yeah lets keep calling Ulfric and his rebellion racists... lets keep talking about how he only cares for nords and so on while the imperial legion is out murdering people that they snatch up from the roads.

It's not opinion. War is war. Do some research on it. Chances are not taken during war. If you are found among the enemy, more than likely you will be killed along with them. There isn't time for a trial nor money for a trial.

And I've never heard Tullius say that in my game, since he's usually hanging out at the Castle Dour.

And do you honestly think the Stormcloaks would be more understanding than the Empire? If you were a Dunmer among Imperial soldiers captured by the Stormcloaks, I'd say your chances for survival would be very slim. Honestly, any race captured among the Imperial soldiers wouldn't be given fair trial by the Stormcloaks. Anyone who sees the actions of the Stormcloaks can make that educated guess.

J

Jeremius

then a dragon comes in and destroys the capital city of the side you are on, and it is a cutscene so you cannot stop it...

KiBa

Goblin King
Fools! Do you understand nothing? Kyne herself taught the Voice to man, and Akatosh himself bestowed the blood and soul of a Dragon only to those few chosen by them to rule Tamriel, and thence all of Nirn! Age after age, the Dragonborn are meant to rule a true universal empire, something that is born again and again, long after bastard states founded by warlords bereft of divine power and legitimacy fade away. Who now rules sacred Cyrodiil? The descendants of a Colovian brute? Who covets Skyrim? The cowardly son of the Bear of Eastmarch? Destiny-blind savages! Imperials? Stormcloaks? They are both empty and fleeting causes! There is only one true Emperor by Divine Right! Dovahkiin! Do not lay down your life or lead others to their deaths for the false glory of a presumptuous house that thinks itself the equal of the Septims! Do not lower yourself to serve an equally prideful King-slayer who claims to fight for Talos, yet refuses to acknowledge his rightful successor! The reason why this Civil War seems difficult to understand is because both sides are wrong! Both sides are faithless! And, worse, all the worthless pseudosophisticates who claim to harbor an "enlightened" and "nuanced" point of view, peddling half-truths by claiming both sides are equally right in their own way, these are the most faithless of all because they doubt the power of the Divines and believe that mere mortals control the course of history, and there is no destiny the people of Nirn are bound by duty to fulfill. Worst of all are the skeptics who drag down all people by cultivating willful ignorance and selfishness in order to take advantage of the disorder by claiming there is no proper order to which we must all return in order to survive. Their own stupidity binds them. Even the heretical Thalmor resemble what Tamriel should be more closely than the decomposing corpse of the Third Dragonborn Empire, which crumbled by tolerating the faithless daedra worshippers. For the same reason, the Thalmor will fall in due time, but unless all the people of Tamriel embrace their true Emperor (which is now and always has been the obvious will of all the Divines!), how can the world survive? Fight for the truth, not sentimental lies! Yea, for every mortal war, it is nearly always the case that all sides are really one side together against the Order desired by the Divines!

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
Fools! Do you understand nothing? Kyne herself taught the Voice to man, and Akatosh himself bestowed the blood and soul of a Dragon only to those few chosen by them to rule Tamriel, and thence all of Nirn! Age after age, the Dragonborn are meant to rule a true universal empire, something that is born again and again, long after bastard states founded by warlords bereft of divine power and legitimacy fade away. Who now rules sacred Cyrodiil? The descendants of a Colovian brute? Who covets Skyrim? The cowardly son of the Bear of Eastmarch? Destiny-blind savages! Imperials? Stormcloaks? They are both empty and fleeting causes! There is only one true Emperor by Divine Right! Dovahkiin! Do not lay down your life or lead others to their deaths for the false glory of a presumptuous house that thinks itself the equal of the Septims! Do not lower yourself to serve an equally prideful King-slayer who claims to fight for Talos, yet refuses to acknowledge his rightful successor! The reason why this Civil War seems difficult to understand is because both sides are wrong! Both sides are faithless! And, worse, all the worthless pseudosophisticates who claim to harbor an "enlightened" and "nuanced" point of view, peddling half-truths by claiming both sides are equally right in their own way, these are the most faithless of all because they doubt the power of the Divines and believe that mere mortals control the course of history, and there is no destiny the people of Nirn are bound by duty to fulfill. Worst of all are the skeptics who drag down all people by cultivating willful ignorance and selfishness in order to take advantage of the disorder by claiming there is no proper order to which we must all return in order to survive. Their own stupidity binds them. Even the heretical Thalmor resemble what Tamriel should be more closely than the decomposing corpse of the Third Dragonborn Empire, which crumbled by tolerating the faithless daedra worshippers. For the same reason, the Thalmor will fall in due time, but unless all the people of Tamriel embrace their true Emperor (which is now and always has been the obvious will of all the Divines!), how can the world survive? Fight for the truth, not sentimental lies! Yea, for every mortal war, it is nearly always the case that all sides are really one side together against the Order desired by the Divines!

Cool guy....

Raijin

It's not opinion. War is war. Do some research on it. Chances are not taken during war. If you are found among the enemy, more than likely you will be killed along with them. There isn't time for a trial nor money for a trial.

And I've never heard Tullius say that in my game, since he's usually hanging out at the Castle Dour.

And do you honestly think the Stormcloaks would be more understanding than the Empire? If you were a Dunmer among Imperial soldiers captured by the Stormcloaks, I'd say your chances for survival would be very slim. Honestly, any race captured among the Imperial soldiers wouldn't be given fair trial by the Stormcloaks. Anyone who sees the actions of the Stormcloaks can make that educated guess.

It is too an opinion since you can't prove it that it occurred in the game, which you can't because it never happen. Perhaps you should conduct your research as well since I've never in my Skyrim playtime have I ever seen a stormcloak solider or Ulfric wrongfully executing people like the way the imperials was about to in the beginning of the story.

You do realize that I am specifically speaking what actually occurred in the game right? Sure war is war but so far my eyes haven't caught any bad doing regarding to the Stormcloaks. Maybe you've stumbled across a journal that can help prove your point? Or maybe an ebook? What I see are a group of people (Mostly nords) fighting to restore the rights that the empire took away. They also want to run Skyrim the way they want to run it. Dengeir of Stuhn made a point when he said "You think some emperor sitting on a gilded throne in Cyrodiil is going to know what's best for Skyrim? The Imperial city's so far from here, it might as well be on one of the moons. And yet the empire thinks it can tell us what to do and how to live."

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
They would have given fair trial. Especially if you were a Nord. SOme race comes up in rags along with Imperials? I don't think the Stormies are that thick-headed to cut somebody's head off for running in rags along with the Imps. And the Stormies dont go for some fancy execution, they would have killed the Imps at the spot. I can deduce this because on my travels, the Stormcloaks act nicely towards me even though I'm not a Nord and not a Stormcloak

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts