Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xavier Black of Solitude

The Immortal Thane of Solitude
You use the term "Power-hungry" like if its a bad thing. In fact that that is very typical for a politician so don't dangle that word to discredit Ulfric. The Emperor surrendered free worship to continue his status as Emperor, guess who was power hungry at the time ;)

Don't you realize just how weak the Empire is? For a General to surrender under pressure just as Ulfric and Galmar enters Castle Dour and hides behind a woman, and then the actual Emperor gets assassinated by the Dark Brotherhood due to crappy and weak security. Yeah The empire can definitely handle the Dominion on round 2.
and titus did it to save the empire to when you you are sent to kill him he is very content kind and exepting of his death in the war he was ready to die but aceepted to save tamriel and he was probally plotting to strike back

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
If I was a Nord, I'd much rather my homeland go down fighting rather than bending knee to the Elves.

You mean the Dominion. Just like some Nords don't agree with the Stormcloaks, there are Mer that don't agree with the Dominion. In fact, I'm sure a lot of Mer don't agree with the Thalmor. Don't make generalizations.

Xavier Black of Solitude

The Immortal Thane of Solitude
You mean the Dominion. Just like some Nords don't agree with the Stormcloaks, there are Mer that don't agree with the Dominion. In fact, I'm sure a lot of Mer don't agree with the Thalmor. Don't make generalizations.
ah somone with common sense thank you good sir and the dunmer dont appriciate the thalmor neither do the khajiit caravans who saw past the lies

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Here's a plopsty thing to think about....

If the Stormcloaks win, the Thalmor wins because the Empire is crippled.
If the Empire wins, the Thalmor wins because they get more footing in Tamriel.

Either way, those bitches win.

Jersey Dagmar

Here's a plopsty thing to think about....

If the Stormcloaks win, the Thalmor wins because the Empire is crippled.
If the Empire wins, the Thalmor wins because they get more footing in Tamriel.

Either way, those bitches win.

Not necessarily. The only way to truly defeat the Dominion is with an united Empire. The Empire can continue it's peace with the Dominion until their forces are back up to strength. This is why the Civil War is so absurd. The Stormcloaks are causing the Empire to waste resources and men. Resources and men that could have been saved up for the battle against the Dominion.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Not necessarily. The only way to truly defeat the Dominion is with an united Empire. The Empire can continue it's peace with the Dominion until their forces are back up to strength. This is why the Civil War is so absurd. The Stormcloaks are causing the Empire to waste resources and men. Resources and men that could have been saved up for the battle against the Dominion.
You're also forgetting that the Empire lost Hammerfell.
So the Empire is already falling apart.

Jersey Dagmar

You're also forgetting that the Empire lost Hammerfell.
So the Empire is already falling apart.

I didn't forget anything. Since Hammerfell succeeded from the Empire, they no longer benefit from the Empire. Which means imports and the like. This would also happen to Skyrim if the Stormcloaks win. The Empire, I would not think, would help the provinces that left the Empire. And it doesn't mean Hammerfell can't become part of the Empire again. Once again, the only way to defeat the Dominion is for all the provinces to unite against them. This is what the Empire is trying to do, and they are meeting road bumps along the way. That's to be expected. War is not easy, and is not to be taken lightly. Which is probably why the Emperor agreed on those terms with the Dominion. To avoid more needless bloodshed.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
I didn't forget anything. Since Hammerfell succeeded from the Empire, they no longer benefit from the Empire. Which means imports and the like. This would also happen to Skyrim if the Stormcloaks win. The Empire, I would not think, would help the provinces that left the Empire. And it doesn't mean Hammerfell can't become part of the Empire again. Once again, the only way to defeat the Dominion is for all the provinces to unite against them. This is what the Empire is trying to do, and they are meeting road bumps along the way. That's to be expected. War is not easy, and is not to be taken lightly. Which is probably why the Emperor agreed on those terms with the Dominion. To avoid more needless bloodshed.
The Empire is weak now, it's not the same Empire I remember from Morrowind or Oblivion, its a weak corrupt bucket of putrid slime now.

I still think everyone should rebel from the Empire, and make a new one, one far more united, and less corrupt by bureaucrats and the like.

Jersey Dagmar

The Empire is weak now, it's not the same Empire I remember from Morrowind or Oblivion, its a weak corrupt bucket of putrid slime now.

I still think everyone should rebel from the Empire, and make a new one, one far more united, and less corrupt by bureaucrats and the like.

Yea, with comments like that, I can't take you seriously. You clearly have no understanding of war or how countries work.

Docta Corvina

I can't speak for others but when it comes to this now timeless discussion, I always have to remind folks that I'm fighting to drive the Thalmor out of Skyrim, to beat back their tyranny and weaken their influence - and guess what? I'm in the bloody Legion! At the end of the day, we can only speculate on the precise nature of the Dominion's resources and war-preparedness at present. However, to me, a united Empire is the best hope for finally washing our hands of them in the future. If we presume that they are in fact weakened to a considerable extent post-Great War, it makes sense that they're utilizing a conquer-by-proxy method, and utilizing it effectively. I see the events in Hammerfell as a very clear example of the Dominion's 'divide and conquer' strategy and given that they're using it again in Skyrim, I want to be able to call it out for what it is and kick it right back to them. As I've said in other threads, I don't begrudge the Redguards their strength and determination to keep the Dominion in a stalemate, but I also honestly can't discount it as a calculated result on the part of the Dominion.

I have immense respect for Legionnaire Nords like Rikke and Hadvar who count themselves 'true sons and daughters of Skyrim' every bit as much as their brethren on the other side. I truly believe that most of us who fight on the Empire side greatly despise the Thalmor and the machinations of the Dominion.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Damn, I didn't even mean to get into a debate over which side is right...
Everyone has their own views and I fell right into it...
Curse you political views on skyrim!!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Hey Xavier, Lets say your a christian and the Government bans the worship of Christ because he was a 'mere man'. WHat would you do?

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre

That was actually my mistake. It's just I'm so used to characters calling them the Elves I thought it would just be a referral to the Dominion. Didn't mean to generalize.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
That was actually my mistake. It's just I'm so used to characters calling them the Elves I thought it would just be a referral to the Dominion. Didn't mean to generalize.
Call them Witch Elves, it's what all the Nords call them.
Hell there's even some Dunmer who call them that.

Docta Corvina

Case in point, this Altmer...is awesome! Legate Fasendil. :)

Just more proof positive that everyone truly is fighting on different sides, for different reasons. It's not black and white.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts