Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daylon

I would like to make one last point to all you imperials.Talos is Tiber Septim the true dragonborns and the true emperors the septims are.And anyone who can truly call themselves imperials would die for the worship of talos.

martin septim is blood to talos, and martin turned into akatosh so now talos lives forever in akatosh

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
both are good

i joined stormcloaks bc imperials were trying to kill me

imperial cuz with the closed imperial helmet, you look like a spartan!
ME GUSTA

Epic Keith

I would like to make one last point to all you imperials.Talos is Tiber Septim the true dragonborns and the true emperors the septims are.And anyone who can truly call themselves imperials would die for the worship of talos.

martin septim is blood to talos, and martin turned into akatosh so now talos lives forever in akatosh
Yeah like Vignar said

"You wish to see an Empire without Talos? Without it's soul!!"

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There's actually a fair amount of ignorance in that video. It's basically full of fail but just to take few of the more obvious flaws among the gaping holes in his argument:

1. The Thalmor only began to patrol Skyrim after the Stormcloak rebellion began. The player is informed of this if he follows Hadvar in Unbound. Ulfric is therefore the primary cause for the interrogation, torture and killing of Nords by Thalmor agents;

2. There is zero evidence of fewer Dragon attacks in Skyrim - to the contrary all evidence in the game points to them being as frequent as before;

3. It's fantastically retarded to think a province torn apart by civil war is going to be in stronger position after the war ends. All you have to do is look at how civil wars decimated the young male populations and resources of every nation that has had them to realize that. On top of that the author ignores the fact that Skyrim is dependent on the Empire for resources which are in shortage such as food as indicated from dialogue with Falk Firebeard and Elisif....

Epic Keith

Falk FIrebeard and Elisif are dogs of the Empire!

Elisif herself wanted the post of High Queen as much as Ulfric wanted it.

Epic Keith

I have to clap on the part about the High Elves in WIndhelm

But if you read the Talos Mistake (Found at the shrine of Talos overlooking Windhelm). You believe it was right to ban Talos. Because people started remembering him as a god not as a man.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I have to clap on the part about the High Elves in WIndhelm

But if you read the Talos Mistake (Found at the shrine of Talos overlooking Windhelm). You believe it was right to ban Talos. Because people started remembering him as a god not as a man.

Skyrim:The Talos Mistake - UESPWiki

"But when Tiber Septim passed to Aetherius, there came to be a Ninth Divine - Talos, also called Ysmir, the "Dragon of the North." The man who was so loved in life became worshipped in death. Indeed, it can be argued that Talos, the Ninth Divine, became even more important than the Eight that had preceded him, at least to humans. For he was a god who was once just a man, and through great deeds actually managed to ascend to godhood."

Sounds like "Propaganda encouraging acceptance of the ban on the worship of Talos" to me.

Jaeger

There areen't any real reasons to join any side other than oppinions on the side's reasons for fighting and stuff.
The Imperials are really kind in truth. they are the "good guys" in my eyes. The only flaw is something that only affects Nords- they signed a treaty that banned the worship of Talos (an "untrue" god in the eyes of Elves) to save the Empire from obliteration.
The Stomcloaks- well, the Cause is true but Ulfric is not. He doesn't really care about liberating Skyrim, or Talos, or anything. He just wants to be High King. This is what I gathered from characters- I even got hints of it from people who REVERE the guy.

So yeah. It all comes down to: Do you want to be red or blue? ;)
OH, and one more thing that doesn't really affect a mage character anyways: If you join the Imperials you can get Ulfric's Clothes, but if you join Stormcloaks you can get general Tullius' Light Armor.

Why aren't the elves going after Arkay worship then, who was also a mortal? The arkay elf priest even said so at the little girl's funeral.

Epic Keith

Skyrim:The Talos Mistake - UESPWiki

"But when Tiber Septim passed to Aetherius, there came to be a Ninth Divine - Talos, also called Ysmir, the "Dragon of the North." The man who was so loved in life became worshipped in death. Indeed, it can be argued that Talos, the Ninth Divine, became even more important than the Eight that had preceded him, at least to humans. For he was a god who was once just a man, and through great deeds actually managed to ascend to godhood."

Sounds like "Propaganda encouraging acceptance of the ban on the worship of Talos" to me.
Could be true

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power

Sadly this video is highly uninformative and highly biased towards Ulfric, First of all, The Blades would not and i repeat would not help the war effort in any way, shape or form, seeing how they are the personal guard of Emperor and the raging fight with the dragons would keep them from joining the fight in the first place. On to the second thing, Seeing how the holds are pretty much evenly spread out between backing the Empire and Ulfric, even if you are able to set a "pawn" jarl in the imperial backing holds, the men and women of said hold will continue to fight against Ulfric making a "United Skyrim" a highly unlikely outcome, and that leads me into the third, the Thalmor would then spread up into a unbacked Cyrodill crushing any resistance and making a full march onto a still divided Skyrim and would crush them as easily as they would of Cyrodill. Now onto a simple answer to the Imperial and High Elf living in the two best houses in the city...Gold, it could of been easy to turn a man who is fighting a war with men and women who need money for the war effort and to receive special treatment. Oh and going back a little bit to the part of a divided Skyrim, with the fighting after the Civil War, the Forsworn could just as easily swarm the holds in the Reach, taking a massive chunk of Skyrim with it. Going to the part of the Legion keeping the Dominion out, it is true, with the treaty they were able to keep the Empire and with it Skyrim and what i think you are forgetting is Skyrim was fighting too and they still lost the Imperial City for a year. And onto the part of Hammerfell, they fought for 5 years with no sides making any true pushes, ending in a treaty know as Second Treaty of Stros M'kai. And about the part of Stormcloaks allying its self with the Thalmor is highly possible in the future (if Stormcloaks win), a change of leadership among the Thalmor, a new leader among the Stormcloaks, and a peace talk here, a peace talk there and BOOM a new alliance.

In short, this was a (as said before) highly uninformative and highly biased and has no research in it at all except to further his/her point of Ulfric being a "true" High King, but onto my decision why not let the moot decide as it should be.

And about Talos being a God or Not, that is up to debate as no one can be sure if he was a man turned god or just a very well known Dragonborn but i place my faith in the Void above silly things like the Divine

Also i have my doubts of the poster having any knowledge of politics and military strategy

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
how do you know this
Because he knows the game lore.
A Concise Account of the Great War Between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion by Legate Justianus Quintius said:
In 4E 98, the two moons, Masser and Secunda vanished. Within most of the Empire, this was viewed with trepidation and fear. In Elsweyr it was far worse. Culturally the moons are much more influential to the Khajiit. After two years of the Void Nights, the moons returned. The Thalmor announced that they had restored the moons using previously unknown Dawn Magicks, but it is unclear if they truly restored the moons or just took advantage of foreknowledge that they would return.
Regardless of the truth of the matter, the Khajiit credited the Thalmor as their saviors. Within fifteen years, Imperial influence in Elsweyr had so diminished that the Empire was unable to respond effectively to the coup of 4E 115 which dissolved the Elsweyr Confederacy and recreated the ancient kingdoms of Anequina and Pelletine as client states of the Aldmeri Dominion

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts