Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
OH, and one more thing that doesn't really affect a mage character anyways: If you join the Imperials you can get Ulfric's Clothes, but if you join Stormcloaks you can get general Tullius' Light Armor.
Well actually tullius's armour is heavy or i would wear it on assassinations to frame him

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Paradoxically, joining the Imperials seems to be the anarchist's choice, as you can then get to kill both Ulfric and the Emperor...

I joined the Stormcloaks and now both Ulfric and Imperial Legates (or whatever, the chiefs in the Imperial camps) are unkillable.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
The Empire is a bunch of rich pompous pansies that need to learn how to fight. I let my nord warriors go to the front line while i snipe those impirial dogs. They imperials are too easy t trick and need to get their ass handed to them. basicly the imperials are being like Custard at his last stand where the natives of the land wooped his ass.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I was wondering, for those who fought for Skyrim's independence, do the Jarl's who sided with the Empire end up in Solitude just moping their lives away?

Yes, and they aren't friendly, and most of the people in that room seem to be unkillable, but it' a fun place to cast Frenzy. I think it's Solitude anyway. I guess they're under indefinite detention. :D

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Paradoxically, joining the Imperials seems to be the anarchist's choice, as you can then get to kill both Ulfric and the Emperor...

I joined the Stormcloaks and now both Ulfric and Imperial Legates (or whatever, the chiefs in the Imperial camps) are unkillable.
Yeah thats a bit retarded that i cant go clean the imperial camps out all the way. Its really frustrating.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Killing the emporer does not mean you do not support the empire. Its like liking Germany but killing hitler although
Less so

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Thats a good point flint but i killed the emperor mainly because i am a stormcloak assassin

ForKodlak!!

To be fair ive been playing this game for months now and i refuse to choose a side. Im only killing the emperor for the Dark Brotherhood

Well actually tullius's armour is heavy or i would wear it on assassinations to frame him
This is a response to the post I quoted above and your next post about the Imperials not being worth anything. Tullius' armor is light, or I would wear it as my old file, Wolfred. (I now use Likos, a light armor all Nightingale stuff charrie, and Scourge Wrathflame, who will end up Daedric, someday.)
The Imperials are the prime fighting force of all Tamriel. They only exist because of Talos. Talos- or Tiber Septim, as he was previously known- was the emporer who made the land strong. You are an imbesile to even defend the Stormcloaks, since half of them are freaking farmers who were like "OOH I LIKE BLUE SUITS BETTER THAN RED!!1!" And both sides are easy to kill. I can do the whole civil war questline at either side on master difficulty at level One with either side's armor. The Stormcloaks are nothing more than untrained rabble and retired Imperials.

Oh, and Flint, I find it offensive when people say crud like that. Hitler wasn't German. He was Austrian. (I'm a lot German, so yeah. I find lots of things like that offensive. Weirdly enough, I am mostly french on my mom's side and don't care if people make fun of the French... *shrug*)

And...? The Emporer is Awesome, and I wish you didn't have to kill him. He is so calm, and kind... and not even a very fun kill. Getting to him is fun, but when they don't fight back it's too easy.

If you join the Imperials, Tullius and all of the Stormcloak Generals stay unkillable. Although i found a way to temporarily 'kill' an Unkillable NPC. I haven't done it too many times, but basically, you have to 'kill' them with Unrelenting Force and they don't get back up, but will be alive next time you visit the area.

bananban

I have to say, I felt like a real hypocrite joining the Legion after finishing the Dark Brotherhood questline but I felt like it was something I had to do to make the game feel complete and I just couldn't force myself to join the Stormcloaks.

Ulfric is a power-hungry and savvy man who is manipulating the emotions of an outraged population and turning their attention away from the real enemy, the Thalmor, and towards the only thing that can save them from it, the Empire. A free Skyrim is just another part of the Aldmeri Dominion, in my mind.

Ulfric is using the anger at the White-Gold Concordat as a means to his coronation, whether or not he truly believes freedom is what's best for Skyrim. He's playing politics.

I can't join a man who quite unabashedly pushes his own cause to no end, even in peace talks, so he can gain more power especially when the results of his victory wouldn't be good for most people who aren't Nords. Not to mention my earlier point, the Aldmeri Dominion would smother Skyrim and use the land as another front against the Empire for when the Great War inevitably restarts.

Gesar

I am starting a game as a nord so I will be joining up with ulfric to wipe out the imperial overlords, power to the people! But my next game as any other race will be fighting for the imperial empire.

Daylon

:Dragonborn: The choice really depends on what you stand for as your own self. For all us nerds. I personally fought for the stormcloaks, because I didnt beleive in the collapse of an entire culture.I wasnt in it for Ulfric, he's to stuck up. Talos is my god on skyrim.I also believe yes Ulfric beat Torryg in fair combat such as my tradition.
If i was ever to fight for the empire, they would have to step up and fight with us. Another reason i didnt was because i didnt believe in tulius calling us primative and judging us nords. But if maybe the stormcloaks allianced back with the empire in full faith of killing the last of the damned thalmer, like the old days when we were all together, a true empire.

ALL HAIL NIRN!!!

Daylon

No they were cowards there is no way that the entire empire can fall to one race. they gave up faith such as is not ours or there peoples way.Period.

Daylon

for all you know your character could be being executed for some horrible crime and the Imperials are completely justified in executing him/her
untrue you were walking across the border imperials saw you took you hostage.When they found you werent on the list they didnt even care.

Daylon

As the player you create your own backstory. You could choose to make a backstory which makes joining the Imperial Army make sense notwithstanding what happened at Helgen. Your character could be an Imperial Army deserter who seeks redemption by rejoining the Imperial Army after Helgen.

Stormcloaks =/= Nords or necessarily Skyrim's best interests. They represent Ulfric's interests and ambitions as indicated by the fact that they bear his name as a homage to his ego and narcissism. Look at the picture above. There are 2 Nords who stand against Ulfric on the opposite side of the table and there are plenty of other Nords like them in Skyrim. The Imperial Army's depleted numbers in Skyrim have been replenished by Nord volunteers.

There are plenty of hints dropped throughout the game that Ulfric is motivated primarily by his personal ambition to be High King. One of them even implies that the Stormcloaks have massacred peaceful unarmed civilian Nords simply because they supported Skyrim remaining part of the Empire. My main character is a Nord as well but that doesn't require me to pledge loyalty or fealty to an egomaniacal usurper whose armed forces are a bunch of xenophobic racists.
no again they fight for there own belief you have no proof of any other stormcloak soldier being racist

Daylon

having read all of this it's still just as difficult to decide, but as an Imperial, fighting against the Empire just FEELS wrong, was an Imperial in TESIV too, it's in my blood, even if they're in the wrong. What I do know for sure is I hate The Thalmor!! If the Empire could be united including Skyrim, maybe we'd have a better chance of ridding Tamriel of those sinister, pompous, pointy-eared arsewipes.
Have a mind of your own stand for what you beleive in. there are nords that fight for the empire

Daylon

ha sorry.....but you'd have played the Imperials at some point just to experience their story right

I don't like the stormcloaks general xenophobia, they aren't keen on anyone who isn't Nord being in Skyrim but particularly non humans. But some of them are alright & their cause is better than the Imperials.

Like I said the Imperials are just Thalmor puppets & I really hate the Thalmor, they all come across as incredibly arrogant & the first bunch I met attacked me just for asking what was wrong with worshipping talos, so I butchered them and released their prisoner. They also look down on anyone who isn't Thalmor & there is plenty of evidence of them torturing people for standing against them or questioning them & also anyone who try's to continue worshipping Talos.

The Storm cloaks have their fault of being suspicious of anyone who isn't Nord.....But overall they just don't want to be under the heel of the Thalmor and by extension their Imperial puppets, with all their brutal methods. They want the right to rule themselves and represent their own interests. The Thalmor have no good points they are just brutal despots.
this is not true only ulfric is a stuck up racist

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts