Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Eric_The_Generic

Hawquinel, Wood Elf, Level 62
Let's all just remember that this is EXACTLY like the British settlements in the 1600's
The Forsworm were here first. That's all i gotta say, yo. It was no one else's but theirs to begin with, y'all come on now

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
If you're going to insult them about spelling (which I don't know where you came up with the that) you should at least spell "knuckles" correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
If you're going to insult them about spelling (which I don't know where you came up with the that) you should at least spell "knuckles" correctly.

I played a character named "Nuckles" in a play a few years back. I'm assuming it was a reference to the ugly shoes... oh, wait... that's "Buckles"... whatever...

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
79014-4-1480125097.jpg

LazuIi

Battle-Mage
You can be a mage in either faction, but personally I'd suggest joining the Imperials. I have nothing particular against Imperials aside from them taking orders from the pompous Thalmor, but that's not why I say join them. Dude Talos was an ass. I read the Barenziah books and he definitely was a player who made her abort their baby (Elves can only have one or two in their lifetime if they're lucky) and altogether he was just a massive dick. Just... just read the Barenziah books and you'll find out for yourself.

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
You can be a mage in either faction, but personally I'd suggest joining the Imperials. I have nothing particular against Imperials aside from them taking orders from the pompous Thalmor, but that's not why I say join them. Dude Talos was an ass. I read the Barenziah books and he definitely was a player who made her abort their baby (Elves can only have one or two in their lifetime if they're lucky) and altogether he was just a massive dick. Just... just read the Barenziah books and you'll find out for yourself.

Talos is the conjoining of 3 beings: Tiber Septim, Zurin Arctus, and Wulfharth. Tiber was a shifty guy but the others were honorable.

Zastrugah

There is a lot more to the game then that my friend. So it was explained to me like this; Think about the outcomes of each side if they reach they're goals, what will be the consequences... If Ulfric wins, the empire and the Thalmor will most likely wage war against Skyrim, trading one war for another. If The Empire wins, there will be peace for a while. Choose: (War & Hatred) or (Unity & Peace)... Also if you listen carefully to what General Tullius says, you will find that he dislikes the Elven dominion just as much, but he has seen the bigger picture: war after war after war is not what he wants for the people of Skyrim.

Verac

And why should I pick one over the other? So far neither have shown me that one is better or worse than the other, they both have their bad and good qualities. Many say Stormcloaks because the name sounds cool, but I want to side for a reason, not the name.

I'm a male Khajiit (Destruction mage)

Please help me D:

EDIT: I really want to keep being a mage so does one of them have classes or can I just stay been a mage.

I only started playing 4 days ago and i have never played any other TES.
The empire actually tolerates other races unlike stormcloaks who are pro nord and top tier racists, Alot of the empire is composed of unique ranks to some races like dunmer battlemages the infamous orc warriors((Which are said to be like juggernauts on the field)) khajit would be a rare sight as they tend to be judged for their...."reputation" but they would be given the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove themselves so i can totally see a khajit empire mage. And you could wear a enchanted red robe and RP it off as a uniform. or DL a mod. Either or depends on how dedicated you wish to be i mean you can go as you wish but imo despite how beast my armor is i always use uniforms during civil war quests feels more realistic and the empire is kinda strict like a real military. But yeah stormcloaks is a hell no. They wouldent let you into their city let alone tolerate you in their ranks((By lore standards atleast)) and even if you ignore that fact they still treat you like garbage. Unlike the empire who are a bit harsh at first like any military but you earn respect and become a war hero....no matter your race.

TealScales

Forum Noob
I'd always pick Imperial over Stormcloak.... The Stormcloaks feel a bit too neanderthal to me. I like the medieval feel of the Imperials... Plus they're not a bunch of racists

Well, might as well throw my opinion in with the others: I chose to join neither side. Oh, and before you read further, allow me to warn you, for those who haven't gotten as far as I have, or have chosen another questline, or other such reasons: SPOILERS AHEAD

At first I thought I might join the stormcloaks, given the imperials tried to execute me at the start of the game, but when I explored Windhelm, and noticed Ulfric's racist tendencies against the Dunmer and Argonians (and apparently any other non-Nord race), not to mention walking in on Galmar suggesting Jarl Balgruuf be killed, I just up and walked back out. I still visit Windhelm now and then, but I won't be joining the Stormcloaks anytime soon.

I also looked into Solitude and the Empire and talked with them. Elisif seemed friendly enough, and General Tullius does seem to at least try to tolerate Nord customs and culture, even having a Nord for a right-hand woman. However, they too have their flaws. For one thing, the Empire these days is just a puppet for the Thalmor, and I refuse to serve anyone willing to side with them, or to be a puppet to them.

But here's the real kicker: It doesn't matter what side you chose. Choosing a side at all is playing right into the Thalmor's hands. It is revealed in the Thalmor Embassy questline (assuming you look into the details of the Thalmor records) that the Thalmor want this civil war to keep going, and are willing to do anything to extend it's duration. While the Empire and Stormcloaks waste resources and kill each other, the real villains just sit there and laugh, with Skyrim under their thumb.

This was, at least, my choice for my first and primary profile (Khan the Khajiit), and I will eventually use my other profiles to see what each faction has in store.

Grishnag

I have been an imperial prisoner since Morrowind and this time they actually tried to execute me . I don't even know what I did wrong.

Why would I not join the stormcloaks ?
I don't care about the true sons of Skyrim , I just wanna kill imperial scum. Revenge is long overdue

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Talos is the conjoining of 3 beings: Tiber Septim, Zurin Arctus, and Wulfharth. Tiber was a shifty guy but the others were honorable.

Talks the "Divine". He was known as Talos before that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts