• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JollySam

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all.

I have a question... Is it possible to collect an Imperial Officer's Helmet from somewhere while playing through the game on the Imperial side? You can steal one from a dead Imperial in Helgen, but only if you follow the Stormcloak guy. Is there another one lying around somewhere that I can collect? I don't really want to murder a fellow Imperial just to steal his/her helmet.
Either way, let me know.

Thanks alot,
JollySam

brandon

yeah you can find them in many forts. the one i can actually remember is mistwatch. its been taken over by bandits and this girls husband is there and asks you to look for her. and theres a fort just west of whiterun that was overran by bandits that has alot of imperial gear in it.

JollySam

yeah you can find them in many forts. the one i can actually remember is mistwatch. its been taken over by bandits and this girls husband is there and asks you to look for her. and theres a fort just west of whiterun that was overran by bandits that has alot of imperial gear in it.

OK, thanks alot. Thats useful.

Just to make sure, thats an Imperial Officer's Helmet, right? Not just an ordinary Imperial Steel Helmet?

Thanks.

brandon

OK, thanks alot. Thats useful.

Just to make sure, thats an Imperial Officer's Helmet, right? Not just an ordinary Imperial Steel Helmet?

Thanks.
its random but those are two forts i can actually remember seeing imperial gear in. ive never collected them other to sell them when i dont have money.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I just did a run through of Mistwatch last night, it's the Military Fort with that Christer guy in it looking for his wife. Anyway, I don't remember seeing an Imperial Officer's Helm in there, but I did find StormCloak Officer's Boots on a shelf.

I don't know if your potential loot has anything to do with what side of the Civil War you happen to have joined (on this account, I'm on the StormCloak side) as the fort is filled with Bandits, not Soldiers of either side.

As am Imperial, have you already completed the Battle of Whiterun? I'm wondering if you can prolong the battle long enough that Imperial Officers start dying and you can loot their gear... I know there were several dead StormCloak officers when I ran through that campaign on the Imperial side (my last playthrough).

JollySam

I just did a run through of Mistwatch last night, it's the Military Fort with that Christer guy in it looking for his wife. Anyway, I don't remember seeing an Imperial Officer's Helm in there, but I did find StormCloak Officer's Boots on a shelf.

I don't know if your potential loot has anything to do with what side of the Civil War you happen to have joined (on this account, I'm on the StormCloak side) as the fort is filled with Bandits, not Soldiers of either side.

As am Imperial, have you already completed the Battle of Whiterun? I'm wondering if you can prolong the battle long enough that Imperial Officers start dying and you can loot their gear... I know there were several dead StormCloak officers when I ran through that campaign on the Imperial side (my last playthrough).

I don't remember seeing any imperial officers there, apart from an unkillable one.

Jaeger

There's a better one in the game. The easiest one to get is at a Talos shrine near Froki's shack. Keep going past his shack (his shack will be on your left). It looks like a Greek helmet. Pretty cool. Looks stupid on a skinny person (like a woman) but looked great on my beefy nord.

Jaeger

Here's what it looks like:

That's another one though. The easiest one to get though is by Froki's shack.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
From the Elder Scrolls Wiki page on all the locations of an Imperial Officer's Helmet:
  • In Forelhost.
  • In the Ratways, near where Esbern can be found.
  • At Fort Greymoor on a table near the forge (this is only either winning the battle for Whiterun on the Imperial side or killing all the bandits then returning).
  • In Whiterun after it is taken by the Imperials in the civil war.
  • Helgen Keep. You can take it off an Imperial officer during start quest, if you took Stormcloaks' side for the escape.
  • Alftand. In Sulla Trebatius' backpack.
  • As a random encounter, it may be found on a Scavenger and may be levelled.
  • Inside the East Empire Company Warehouse on a shelf.

MushroomGenius

There's a better one in the game. The easiest one to get is at a Talos shrine near Froki's shack. Keep going past his shack (his shack will be on your left). It looks like a Greek helmet. Pretty cool. Looks stupid on a skinny person (like a woman) but looked great on my beefy nord.
Ohhh! That's what that helmet is! I saw it once during one of the loading screens and wondered what that was. Great tip!

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
You can get one at the very start of the game if you choose to go with Ralof, and the Imperial soldier with heavy armour will be wearing it so you can just pick it off him.

JollySam

OK, thanks alot for all the help guys, I'll keep an eye out in those places when I'm near, and pick one up. It seems that there are more 'Imperial'-style helmets in the game than I realised... the one I meant was the one the Imperial captain is wearing at the start of the game when you are about to be executed.

It's good to know that I can get one without murdering a fellow officer! Thanks again.

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
In a thieves guild quest to catch an argonian, a unique imperial helm is laying on a shelf. Its alot cooler than the normal ones, and has a red strip of hair running down the top of the helm to the back. It looks very spartan-ish.

ImperialHelmet.jpg
Pretty cool eh?

MushroomGenius

In a thieves guild quest to catch an argonian, a unique imperial helm is laying on a shelf. Its alot cooler than the normal ones, and has a red strip of hair running down the top of the helm to the back. It looks very spartan-ish.

Pretty cool eh?

Yeah that's the one Jaeger provided the walkthrough of.

As an aside, I was able to find an Imperial Officer's Helmet off of some Bandits posing as Imperial Legionnaires. I read about this world encounter before, it was quite interesting... the female archer/mage had the Officer's Helmet on her corpse.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts