Imperial Edition : Yea or Nay ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Please not to debate whether or not there should be a charge for this content.
This discussion revolves around the topic of value during play and other "benefits" obtained.
As it is, the cost of upgrade is fairly minimal if you consider it spread out over time.

I have not played the Beta but I have read all the articles and reviews I can.
These are just my observations at this point and certainly subject to change.

1. the packaging- statue of Molag Bal, map , lore , even the box pretty nice

2. mudcrab vanity pet- don`t make me laugh

3. Imperial Horse -

developers want to say this isn`t a big deal since horses are available in-game.
It is probably the case that the lack of increased speed during travel while in a starter zone isn`t significant , but it`s clear a horse will be very useful during PvP , especially when returning to raids.

Horses are very expensive and it seems many players will reach level 15 before they can afford one.
Already having the Imperial Horse also saves you from spending this in-game gold , enabling you to apply those funds in other directions.
Initial possession of a horse will allow you to be feeding it as you level up , giving you an even stronger steed at an earlier time.

4. Imperial Race -

Outside of the skins for character and armor , the racial abilities don`t shout "must have" to me.
Certainly suitable for a tank , but Redguards and Nords appear to be just as good.
The Red Diamond (absorb health up to +6) ability doesn`t impress due to it`s low 10% chance per hit and the high level needed to unlock
Most likely the imperial armor will be available to other races via in-game discovery.
Of course , like the other pre-order package , you get the right to choose any Alliance faction at onset and I like that option a lot.

5. Rings of Mara-
Considering how you have to always be at the same stage of a quest to prevent your partner from being phased out of your world , i see very limited use.
It`s just a way to boost xp gain after all , so its only a matter of time to reach level cap even without the rings.
Now if you had another player who wanted to proceed at exactly the same pace and do the same quests in the same order , the benefit is there. It seems it would take a lot of communication to coordinate and often could be frustrating if you want to go forward while your partner can`t.

AS88

Staff member
I highly doubt I'll be buying it, based on financial constraints and not having anything capable of playing it. But if the money and PS4 were there, I'd do it without a doubt. Like you said, all the added extras, and the fact that the amount spent on the game in total would almost certainly be a three-figure sum, would swing it for me.

Rimfaxe96

If I'm buying TESO, I'd want that edition. Sadly it is/was limited and I can't find it anymore.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Personally, I think its kinda cheap that the devs did this, along with how you race determines what faction your in (unless you pre-order). But then again, it sorta serves as a compromise to those who wanted to play as imperials... Still kinda sucks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts