• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aniratak

... build houses wherever you wanted.. And different types of houses. Of course there will have to be a few restrictions, but being able to choose between a whole lot of places as long as the terrain was appropriate. I loved the Heartfire add-on, but I would love this even more. Would keep me occupied for months.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Those features do sound interesting but wouldn't that make a game to much like the Sims with swords and magic though? personally that's what they should have done with hearthfire being able to actually position your house on the plot of land so at least not all 3 of them ended up looking like generic clones of one another also being able to choose where you want to put each section of the house as in Hearthfire as it is you cant have a library and a kitchen on the same house WTF?? what if i want to do some reading then make some food

Aniratak

The Elder Scrolls is Bethesdas most profitable brand. They even announced a few months back they just passed over 20 million copies of Skyrim sold. Of course they are making a 6'th installment. Anything else would be madness. They are most likely working on it right now as we speak. The production of all the other elder scrolls games started immideately after release of the previous elder scrolls game.

And I have to say the old Warcraft games did not sell very well compared to what popular games these days sell. World of warcraft was a real "upgrade" for the brand if you look at it from a business-point-of-view. The timing was right as well.. The MMO genre isn't excacly glooming these days. At least not the one's with monthly subscription fee.

And Bethesda Game Studios can (according to Pete Hines) make what ever they want these days. Zenimax Online studio only hold the rights to make MMO version of The Elder Scrolls series. The original Elder Scrolls rights are still at Bethesda Game Studios.

Aniratak

Those features do sound interesting but wouldn't that make a game to much like the Sims with swords and magic though? personally that's what they should have done with hearthfire being able to actually position your house on the plot of land so at least not all 3 of them ended up looking like generic clones of one another also being able to choose where you want to put each section of the house as in Hearthfire as it is you cant have a library and a kitchen on the same house WTF?? what if i want to do some reading then make some food

It doesn't have to be the sims at all. If all the other RPG-action elements is still intact, then it's not. It would be like the Heartfire add-on, but with wider options. People who don't like to build houses would most likely not build any houses and therefor wouldn't notice it. But for those of us who love to have this additional option it would be great to be able to make it even more real and personal. Would be a great experience in the game.

tx12001

from my first post you must admit I do have a point that should be taken with a grain of salt anyway back on topic for such a feature though to make the game as immersive like that it would be best for gameplay reasons to not include things such as needing to use a toilet or having to bathe every 10 minutes that would begin to prove troublesome to the unwary adventurer who is battling Thalmor on the road moments before his bowels give way thus resulting in -100 Intimidation and -100 Speechcraft and -100 Hygeine maybe a +25 added persuasion due to the stench perhaps?

Aniratak

From one game to another you will always have the oppertunity to include more content and complex things (doesn't mean they need to have a complex interface). This is because of the constant change and improvements in computer technology. Could you even imagine building your own house like in the Heartfire add on, or even buying one, in for example TES: Morrowind? I'm not saying that they need a complex system for building houses, I just think that it would be super awesome if you could do it. Makes the world more dynamic.

And if you look at Skyrim, the immersion mods are very popular. And letting you build small cottages in various places is not the same as including a feature where your character has to breathe to survive. You don't have to build a cottage, but you have to breathe so that would be a much more annoying feature for those who don't care about immersion. Same goes with eating and sleeping. You really can't avoid it. But you can avoid building houses. And I haven't talked about how this would work gameplay-wise, this is just a though I had and I really think it would be an amazing feeling to go out and search for a place to build your very own house or hut.

If you include a period after each sentence it would be easier to read your posts, just a though. Had a bit difficulty with you first one.

tx12001

you underestimate Mods look at Frostfall if you walk around naked you will die if you don't drink in Realistic needs or iNeeds you will die and there are actually a few mods out of 35000 of them that would add the feature to build a house where you want why I have actually used one before you have a couple such as Empire pocket builder just to name a few. as for survival and immersion Its not because of technology Limitations hell they could have added those features years ago its more or less for the actual person playing the game, ask yourself do they want to suffer through these things while in a serious combat situation if the feature has no "Off" switch like many mods do it is a fun thing to do if it was not I wouldn't be using those kinds of mods however for most people most of the time it would simply equal a lot more deaths which would inevitably lead to much more frustration which would then lead to many a controller or key bored being thrown out the window..

Aniratak

Did you even read my previous post? I'm not talking about adding immersion stuff like freezing and hunger.

Wildroses

I'd love a bit more freedom to chose where you build in the next Elder Scrolls game, but I'm not sure how feasible this would be. It may take a lot of programming making a huge environment for the player to both explore and build houses on. I would like it if it was possible, I love Hearthfire to the point that if I could only have one DLC it would be Hearthfire. Immersion is important to me, as are RPG elements, and I like having the option to do things which aren't combat and quest related.

But even if they dump Hearthfire elements the completely, I'm still going to be buying the Elder Scrolls six. There is no way Bethesda won't be making another one after the critical and commercial success Skyrim had. The single player market still exists in this age of MMOs.

I don't think Bethesda are going to have to worry too much about each player's choices in Skyrim changing the future games landscape. They already had that trouble with the end of Daggerfall and invented the Warp in the West to get around it. It shouldn't be hard to manufacture another Dragon Break to make all the quests with historical ramifications of Skyrim canon. The Dragonborn goes and reads an Elder Scroll on the timewound to travel back in time and later visits Sovngarde as a living being so there are plenty of chances for time and reality to manufacture a Dragon Break.

Aniratak

I agree! I also would like to add that I believe that the MMO genre we know today is "dying". It's not at all as popular as it was. More and more MMO's fail.. At least the one's that are not free to play. It will be exciting to see what will happen to ESO. A few years back people said that "in a few years all we will see are MMO-games".. That the Single-player genre would be dead. But as you see today, single-player is as popular as before. Just look at GTA5! And Skyrim of course..

I think that technology today has developed so far that the restrictions you get with an MMO feels unessesary and that the single-player console/computer games can offer so much more when it comes to graphics and content than what you can get with an MMO. In addition, the MMO genre emerged before the age of the social media that we know today. It was at the time an exciting feature to be able to connect with people like that through a game. Today we are connected with the entire world at all times.

AS88

Staff member
tx - please consider using some grammar and punctuation in your posts, I read the first four lines of your first post on this thread, decided I didn't need this on a Sunday, then just scrolled down to the next person.

Also, a lot of what you guys have mentioned have already been implemented on the PC version, through mods. I know, I know, "we don't all have PCs you know!!!one1!" Well, neither do I, but I will be getting one partly for the ability to mod the game.

I think a lot of people comparing ESO to the way that Bethesda's Elder Scrolls are not really seeing the wood for the trees, so to speak. ESO is being developed by a different company (yes, I know Bethesda are holding their hand on some things), so I don't think anyone should base too much of their concern on the way that ESO is looking, when considering future Elder Scrolls games. I really hope that the next Elder Scrolls game allows us to be completely isolated again, though, or maybe choose to have one or two friends join us.

Now don't hate me for saying this but at least I am willing to admit my personal belief even if it gets me bad ratings, I just cant imagine another true ES game and this is why. think about Skyrims timeline. Placed in the end times where the end of the world was supposed to happen not to mention you could be a vampire lord who could have gone apepl*** crazy and decided to do what Harkon was intending do basically ending the world as we know it not to mention guilds such as the dark brotherhood can't really be explained considering they are a major faction that can be wiped out if you so choose and explaining that would be difficult and then you have ESO which has the entire Tamriel map now think about this for a second....World of Warcraft was a spinoff of the Warcraft series now since it was made how many Warcraft games have their been? the answer is 0 because instead of making another game they decided to lets make another expansion pack for World of Warcraft which is highly successful but I cant see them making another Warcarft game anytime soon which in a way says that WoW ended the series and ESO could do that to the ES seires, Zenimax did say they are planing on making expansions upon expansions for ESO for years after its launch now they are not the ones who made Skyrim Bethesda made Skyrim but another true ES game would pull players away from ESO because the majority of people ESO was intended to appeal to was ES fans more then just MMO fans which would cause Zenimax to start losing money when there is a better game that does not need a subription now they did Apprantly spend $200,000,000 on making ESO and I would wager they expect to get a lot more out of it and since Bethesda and Zenimax Online are owned by Zenimax studios I cant really see Bethesda doing that as it would cost their partner company Zenimax Online a lot of money and since they are owned by the same company it in return would end up costing them money in the long run and this is not even mentioning that another true ES game would most likely be in a world that did not seem new as we would have already been there in ESO so we would know exactly what to expect now if they did make another True ES game it would not be anytime soon let alone this Decade but do not doubt ESO's legitimacy as not being an ES game it does feel similar to an ES game if you can see the other players as just NPCs and minimize the hud and take your time instead of running everywhere I believe it does very well for an MMO not as good as it could have been but I would still give it a chance who knows many of you may even come enjoy it and perhaps even like it and if you don't look on the bright side Beyond Skyrim a mod that adds all of Tamriel will be out soon + you got SkyWind and that could keep people occupied for years if need be.
The flaw in your logic is that Skyrim takes place at the end of times. This is not true. It simply takes place at the end of the "known" timeline. The same could have been said about the Oblivion installment. There's absolutely no reason the lore can't expand beyond it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
TES VI, if any, will be different in several ways.

I'm not going to drone over details, however "bed was made" for Skyrim long before it was ever written. Oblivion had everything perfectly setup for the sequel.

The problem with TES VI is Skyrim was very destructive to the Imperial social order. This was something I did not care for about Skyrim, however it enthralled me, what with getting yourself mixed up with all the drama and glory that comes with the Civil War.

Many people just forgot about the Dragons and concentrated most of their energy on that. The Civil War. The problem we have here is entirely too many people began to identify with either side, Imperials and Stormcloaks. This was something very good for business however will hurt TES VI because there is no reasonable way to bridge the intense conflict and deeply rooted hatred between both sides.

I know everyone including myself to some extent is tired with discussing the Civil War however, this is something that should not be ignored. Nevertheless, aside from fallout from the Civil War itself, we have the Conundrum of deciding who the winner will be, if any.

Personally, I feel compelled to end the discussion about the Civil War at this point. I'm only trying to pin points of interest. However, one proposed solution and really the only reasonable conclusion, if that, would be the Apocalypse is the outcome.

With the Empire steadily losing control from the end of Oblivion and between that time and Skyrim, the Empire is trying to adapt and survive. The Civil War is just one challenge it faces, along with the arrival of the Dragons. The Dragons themselves can't cause an Apoc because of the Dragonborn however another party, namely the Thalmor, most certainly could.

Skyrim itself in TES V, is doing well and is like taking a trip back in time to the glory days of the Empire. Skyrim was for the most part, spared the horrors of the Great War with the Empire still fighting to survive. And so, if the Empire were to make it, what of the Stormcloaks? Quit pro quo ~ Which means some kind of extreme negative event would unfold which kills the ending of Skyrim and makes all things new, with TES VI bringing us the "Fallout" of whatever happened at Skyrim.

And so, it is my conclusion based on current findings that TES VI will take place on some End of the World scenario, similar to Fallout 3. In Fallout 3, America was in a similar position as the Empire. Fighting LOTS of Civil Unrest, Fighting China (Thalmor), attempting peace which never lasted, the Empire quells the Civil Unrest and actually starts to win against China, the bombs drop and 99.9% of the population (outside the vaults) is wiped out or twisted into monsters.

It could be something crazy like Thalmor and Akaviri against Empire or Empire wins the Civil War and the next Great War ends in mutually assured destruction for all parties. Kinda like with what happened to Morrowind. Empire is gone, Thalmor are gone, very few cities and functioning Govs left. And my High Elf or Breton starts out in the middle of say Hammerfell or even Cyrodil again. Where there's factions trying to rebuild and people trying to get resources and such.

It seems that's kind of the theme for Skyrim, however you're in the best part of Tamriel. Isn't the same. Solstheim is in that direction though. Hammerfell is mostly desert so that might not work unless we're going for a New Vegas affect. Then that would work just fine. No... I think it would have to in Cyrodil. We'd walk thru the ashes of Cyrodil after the 2nd Great War and then they could do a Hammerfell expansion like New Vegas.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts