• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hey all

Im getting Oblivion on Xbox this week , i believe ive mastered skyrim , however if i red correctly Oblivion is a whole new beast , Any advise for a Oblivion Newb ? Aswell as im a overly excited to play Oblivion or is it realy that much fun and more challanging than Skyrim . Any and all comments will be appreciated ....

Aldmeri

SAVE YOUR MONEY!
Oblivion is the red headed step child of the series.
My advice is to go get Morrowind for PC because there is a wonderful modding community for it.
But if you really want Oblivion, my advice to you is to join the Dark Brotherhood. Which in my opinion was one of the highlights in the game.
Skyrim seemed more challenging to me IDK why but it just did.

Oh thats not what i wanted to hear and Morrowind isnt realy for me have it on PC however i couldnt get addicted, i played for i think 20 to 30 hours havnt picked it up again , however it might be beceuse its on PC im defnetly a Console gamer even thou i do have a good enough PC for gaming. Thanks for the comment will defnetly do the Dark brotherhood maybe start as an assisin archer if its possible . I already bought it waiting for delivery

Aldmeri

The Dark Brotherhood and the main quest are the best.
The Main Quest is a very good one, the only thing (That in my opinion) beat Skyrim.

Thank you for your oppinion it is appreciated , if i may ask another qeustion related to my first one , is the classes and skills similar will i be able to make a rediciously strong tank that can 1 hit main bosses ? and how is the mages in Oblivion as i found it to easy and not as powerfull as a tank in skyrim.

Aldmeri

I prefer the mage's to skyrim.
You can make a "Tank" if you want to but in Oblivion your restricted to major skills and i'm sure for the Tank you'll choose Heavy Armour, Blade, Block.. Ect. You could always go outside those set skills but it will not be as easy.
Also in Oblivion the Races best suited for a Tank character are the Orc's and the Nord's.

Sounds intresting i cant wait thnx for your oppinion it is apreciated

EleanorUnicorn

Hey :) I've made a thread called 'Which is better, Oblivion or Skyrim' where I've looked at a few of the pros and cons of each game, so it might be of interest to you. I loved Oblivion, was one of the best games ever made and I'd highly highly recommend it to anyone! The world of Cyrodil is really beautiful and there are hundreds and hundreds of quests, might be a bit frustrating to play (as with all prequels) because the graphics aren't as good as Skyrim, but an amazing game! Have fun and enjoy playing it, let us know what you think of it :D

Yea cant wait have everything at home however no time yat to play , it Oblivion , Nights of the Nine and Shivering Isles so it is going to be fun playing it for the first time , i understand the gameplay and Graphics might be out of date however that what ive seen the intensity and detail of reality of the gameply looks binding , i will defnetly give feedback , however might be busy for a while maybe ill create a blog of my adventures true oblivion for nostalgic reasons we will see hoever thnx for that ive already red it however didnt realy get my answers there or here however ill get them while playing ..... thnx all for the comments they are appreciated

Kuros

Oblivion was great like over the last 6 years, but pales in comparison to Skyrim. I spent years playing it, but its dead in the water to me now. Don't waste the money!!!

SuddenTwist

I absolutely loved Oblivion. :) You can go ahead and do it first if you so wish, but I personally waited until I reached a higher level to do the Dark Brotherhood questline. The weapons and equipment you receive are leveled..and they're quite awesome if you wait until you're a higher level. The leveling is very different in this game as well. I would recommend reading up on leveling a bit.

It was a bit confusing to me at first, but I got the hang of it with time. I'm sure you'll very much enjoy it. Have fun! ^_^

Thnx I played for a while and enjoyd it alot , the lower end graphics is frustrating at times however it makes up for it in detail of gameplay en story . I unfortuanitly got destracted by another game the witcher 2 , wich is awesome will go back to oblivion when the time arrives

Harperlarp

If you really want to make an absolute beast you'll need to research "efficient levelling" on the UESP. But I find efficient levelling incredibly boring, I much prefer to just play the game normally and level up naturally instead of manipulating my skills to get +5 +5 +5 every time.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
It suprises me how many people haven't played oblivion until skyrim came out. I thought everyone would have played it back in 2006

It suprises me how many people haven't played oblivion until skyrim came out. I thought everyone would have played it back in 2006
In my experience those who havent played it were too young to care about it back in 2006, I was 11 or 12 then and hadn't even heard of Oblivion until I was 14 didn't care then, finally got it a year later.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Kuros

Oblivion was way too easy to exploit. I could raise like 15 levels before ever leaving the catacombs underneath the prison. Once you got through the first doorway, the part where you encounter the first zombie, if you leave the 2 rats that run by you alive(they conveniently remain uncaring about your presence), you can use them to level your sneak way up by hiding out of view around the corner and sneak walking into the wall. Also, let the rats in the final chamber, the one with the goblin shaman, hit you to level up armor and blocking, use heal spell and potions accordingly. Sure, your a little weak in the sword arm, but you have a little quicker access to better weapons and Daedric quests along with being harder to detect.

Kuros

Although, I did like being a full on vamp with all the skill increases, speed at like 120, light armor maxed out, acrobatics way up there, it was like being a god!

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Oblivion was way too easy to exploit. I could raise like 15 levels before ever leaving the catacombs underneath the prison. Once you got through the first doorway, the part where you encounter the first zombie, if you leave the 2 rats that run by you alive(they conveniently remain uncaring about your presence), you can use them to level your sneak way up by hiding out of view around the corner and sneak walking into the wall. Also, let the rats in the final chamber, the one with the goblin shaman, hit you to level up armor and blocking, use heal spell and potions accordingly. Sure, your a little weak in the sword arm, but you have a little quicker access to better weapons and Daedric quests along with being harder to detect.

Then don't exploit it, it's your choice not the games