• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Hello fellow skyrim players. I'm going to share with you a nice quick and easy clean guide for those of you who want to be a assassin in skyrim. First to start there are many breeds of assassin roles. A gold old pure Assassin would be in my mental image Bows, Swords perhaps dual wielded, daggers, poisons, and sneak. This is a hybrid using some magick at its disposal.
As i continue you will see why hybrid a assassin with magick, and why it's illusion of all magicks.

Race : It doesn't matter really, but if you need a suggestion Argonian for histskin (60sec hp regen) Or high elf due to they start with fury.

Stone : Lovers Stone.(Mixing magick, stealth, and warrior governed skills in this build) At the end i like to get Ritual stone because its very fun to play with!(Ever resurrect a giant you killed? How about three giants you killed?...Yup its fun :D)

Stats : 170-250 Magicka (your most costly spell will be invisibility, rank expect, mana per cast = 334. Mana per cast with expert illusion perk, 167 making 170 the bare minimum to cast your most costly spell. I wouldn't go to far above 250 magicka casting the spell with 250 leaves you with 80 magicka to regen or use a potion easy eough.) Stamina 150-200 (as a light armor assassin you wont be eating much stamina at all your armor weighs nothing and you regen stamina 50% faster with the light armor tree perks, already being light armor and easy finishing enemies with neck cuts you won't need stamina for anything but running distance and carry capacity.) ??? Hp what ever you choose to range your magicka and stamina to your liking you dump every last point into hp fur survive ability, don't over due the others just make enough for ends to meet.

Skills

Sneak : You knew you where going to see this here :p. Anyways to business, your really not going to be doing to much in here. Reason being with illusion you can make good substitute for sneak. All i recommend is 1-2 points into sneak to get buy. You only really want the bonus damage for sneak attacks in here. 2/5 sneak is pretty powered itself you'll get past most situations with it. 1/5 is some what manageable as well.
Perks : 1/5 or 2/5 Stealth, Backstab, Muffled Movement, Deadly Aim, Assassins Blade.

Illusion : Here you will understand why sneak is hardly brushed upon for our assassin build. With illusion you can use a muffle spell for 180 second at the cost of 144(72 with apprentice illusion)mana you are harder to detect. Through this you can make up for maxing out stealth, you may not even need muffled movement perk but i listed it there just in case you find yourself getting discovered. You also get the benefits of turning yourself invisible, as well as bending the minds of your enemies. You can greatly change the outcome of a dungeon with illusion, making your foes attack one another, un-hostile, or feared and run away. This you will cover alot of perks and be working on from the start to the end co-sided by One-handed. Since you dedicate the other hand to a one-handed weapon you will not need master illusion. Also grab apprentice illusion fast for muffle, then aim for quite casting and you got the most important perks, be warned don't neglect the others because they make the illusion spells more potent for controlling an-others mind, strong minded opponents can resist if you neglect these perks.

Perks : Novice Illusion, Apprentice Illusion, Adept Illusion, Expert Illusion. Animage, Kindred mage, quiet casting, master of the mind, rage, aspect of terror, hypnotic gaze.

One-handed : You will work this skill tree from start to finish as well, side by side with illusion. For obvious reasons its going to make your weapon stronger. If your using anything other than a dagger your doing it wrong, now those other weapon damages may have a fancy for looks but daggers are faster, fit the role and with Assassins Blade Perk in the sneak tree you won't want anything else so don't bother with it. You want to be sure you won't get detected when sneaking, and when sneak attacking you want to finish the job because when u get detected you have to run, or deal with open conflict, as a dagger holding assassin early game you don't want open conflict especially on a boss type NPC. So don't forget to utilize those illusion spells and try to get those tough guys eliminated or under controlled in any way possible. The dual wielding perks arn't needed cause your not dual wielding, the other axe and mace perks are useless because a dagger is a blade, and Critical charge isn't the pie to the wedding because your sneaking killing not charging like a blood crazy orc with a axe.

Perks : 5/5 Armsman, 3/3 Bladesman(informed bladesman is for swords only does not effect daggers), Fighting Stance, Savage Strike, Paralyzing strike.

Light Armor : Some may know this and others not but you can get away with sneaking and not getting detected in heavy armor (at end game though haha) But tis through some exploits and where not covering im cheap over-powered master difficulty is weak-sauce way to do it. So, light armor for obvious reasons as well its best for sneaking cause its the lightest so it makes less noise opposed to heavy armor, naked and clothes are good too if you wanna be funny, but has no protection. To be honest you won't need to work on this tree all to early, you want to have a good sneak where you find yourself not getting detected and slitting throats and 1 hitting unaware enemies. Once satisfied with how well your doing then spend some perks here.

Perks : 5/5 Agile Defender, Custom Fit, unhindered, Wind Walker, Matching Set. Don't bother with Deft Movement, 10% is weak-sauce and your a master assassin who sneaks if your getting attacked you need to work your sneak aspect better, sneak is ridiculous way before end game you can crouch walk up to people in light and stab them in the face, or pick off people sitting at a table with one another one by one.

And that wraps it up really, following this guide tooth and nail has made you spent 37/38 perks. Which is really all you need by the point you fill all those perks in you already have long been sneaking around undetected silently picking off your foes. You are left with 42/41 perks left ( the amounts are x/x because of the option to spent 1/5 sneak or 2/5 sneak) Too freely spend. Personally i like alchemy due to extra damage but it's really not needed because it's easily possible to one-hit ancient dragons (strongest random dragon) on master with a dagger sneak attack. Through Enchanting that is. Speech is fun as well it gives the ability of persuasion, intimidation, and bribery. Also increasing selling profit, lowering buying profit. Increasing over all merchant gold capacity. As well as selling stolen goods. Lock-picking is a assassin attribute but it's not touched upon because through the thieves guild you can get a unbreakable lock pick (skeleton key)

If your looking for a over-powered ordeal Enchanting and smithing are your friends! Through enchanting you and exploit yourself to sneak with heavy armor and get away with it like a brat! Smithing just to get the best heavy armor (deadric, and upgrade it) Then stacking muffle enchantments but you would also need to spend more into the sneak tree possibly maxing stealth and moving up to muffled movement and conditioning is a big must have in the heavy armor to bring it all together in a sneak fashion.

I prefer a not so over-powered method due to sneaking already making it easy enough. I like to spend my remaining perks on Enchanting and Smithing, to make my weapons only. I enjoy roaming with Nightingale armor or Dark Brotherhood Shrouded armor.

For Smithing you want to go all the way to daedric, and arcane black smithing for those of you who like to save some unique weapon finds and upgrade them. It wont make or break you its a personal choice for you.

For enchanting max 5/5 enchanter and go straight up the middle from insightful enchanter - to extra effect, all other perks are not needed at all trust me.

For the best challenge don't use smithing or enchanting and hunt rare/unique weapons in the game, its not impossible to be good with out enchanting and smithing.

Necromis

I would disagree on arcane blacksmith being useless. Some unique items are great with the additional effects they have and to keep them you want to improve them. Such as the DB armour, and M's Razor, and Blade of Woe just to name a couple that I keep well into late game.

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
I would disagree on arcane blacksmith being useless. Some unique items are great with the additional effects they have and to keep them you want to improve them. Such as the DB armour, and M's Razor, and Blade of Woe just to name a couple that I keep well into late game.

Agreed but going the route to add extra enchantments if possible on some of those defeats the purpose in a senses because you can easily exploit the game with custom enchantments and gear... Realistically also a sneaker doesn't need that extra amount of defense or damage with smithing upgrades. If there is anyone who wont be one-hit'd they'll get torn in some sense by a illusion spell. But ill change the guide to compensate a good criticism.

Necromis

bladesman only works on swords, and is useless anyways, armsman works on all 1h and is the perk to max out in 1h for any build using 1h.

Necromis

The Fallen Hero, agreed bladesman is only for swords not for daggers, armsman will improve both. Realize though that some items that only say a *specific* item don't always work as advertized and do improve other items in that tree. I also think that Skinned was just saying work with a sword instead of daggers is all.

That being said, Armsman maxed and Assassin Blade on Sneak and you won't ever need a sword again, IMO

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
Just saying i would assume it would work, but i researched it myself and it doesn't apologies. But i think that it's stupid it only works with swords like i said, whats a dagger but a small blade, and the perk is bladesman.
I thought that at the beginning, I re-read and now regret wasting two points into that skill.

Necromis

Well I understand why it doesn't. A sword and a dagger are used completely differently when fighting.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts