• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jackoneill4444

Hi,

I'm having a problem with illusion spells on my game. They seem to be completely inconsistent.

I'll explain : let's say i'm fighting 2 bandits, Joe and Bob. I want to use Fury so that Joe starts fighting Bob.

My problem is that sometimes it'll work, sometimes it wont, ON THE SAME ENEMY. I'll cast Fury on Joe, and the game will say "Joe is too powerfull for Fury". However, if i cast it a second time, it'll work. Or it will work the first time, and the second time it'll say Joe is too powerfull.

I don't get it. I'm casting the same spell on the same guy, and it seems to work completely randomly.

I've tried to understand the problem by using the "getlevel" line in the console. And i noticed that a lot of times, some enemies are identified as level "0". For instance if i was fighting two bandits, lvl 35 and 48, and i checked their levels every 3 seconds in the console with "getlevel", and it was randomly saying level 35 or 0, and 48 or 0.

Is this a known issue? I'm loosing my s***t trying to figure out what's wrong with the illusion spells...

Blood Rose Angel

Death surrounds me singing to me softly
Personally I rarely use illusion spells and I have noticed that some do not work 100% of the time. Also are you sure you you cast on the same bandit? Another possibility is it could be like the seduction spell when your a vampire n it doesn't 100% of the time work on stronger bandits while other times it does. Another reason this could be happening is due to mods possibly?

Jackoneill4444

Absolutely sure i cast it on the same guy.0

And sure i have some mods (apocalypse, wyntermist, monstermod, revenge of the enemies, etc...) but nothing touching vanilla illusion spells ...

Do you also get "level = 0.00" sometimes when trying to get an enemy's level through "getlevel"?

Blood Rose Angel

Death surrounds me singing to me softly
Absolutely sure i cast it on the same guy.0

And sure i have some mods (apocalypse, wyntermist, monstermod, revenge of the enemies, etc...) but nothing touching vanilla illusion spells ...

Do you also get "level = 0.00" sometimes when trying to get an enemy's level through "getlevel"?
I personally haven't had any "getlevel" problems like that maybe you've stumbled onto a bug?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts