illusion assassin help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Vampirism isn't really for someone who likes to fast travel. With that said, RPing a vampire at stage four (or any stage) can be fun.

Personally, I don't find being an assassin in Skyrim as much fun as I did in Oblivion or Morrowind. Oh how I miss poisoned apples. Are you going for a calm, cool, and collected type of assassin or a crazed unpredictable one? Or something else maybe? Even if you don't like to role play a character sometimes it is nice to come up with a few rp hooks.

another question how much should i invest in magicka?
I would do like a 2::1::2 kinda thing with Magicka::Health::Stamina. Maybe more in magicka than in stamina depending on how you like to play. You don't need to have really high health because, again, you shouldn't be getting hit that much with this build.

Derpo

Vampirism isn't really for someone who likes to fast travel. With that said, RPing a vampire at stage four (or any stage) can be fun.

Personally, I don't find being an assassin in Skyrim as much fun as I did in Oblivion or Morrowind. Oh how I miss poisoned apples. Are you going for a calm, cool, and collected type of assassin or a crazed unpredictable one? Or something else maybe? Even if you don't like to role play a character sometimes it is nice to come up with a few rp hooks.
im going for an Ex-morag tong assassin whos trying to get over his assassin ways ((he was born training for the morag tong)) after the morag tong disbanded he made the exodus with the dark elves however he took a different route and got caught and yada yada dragonborn. and thus his "expertise" is reluctantly Called upon

Necromis

remember with 30x damage you won't have to dual wield many to insta kill them, so you can still get kill cams.

^ Yep you will still one hit a lot of enemies. I just think it loses a lot of fun when you are one-hitting enemies that are supposed to be a challenge to kill.

Derpo

As for smithing it seems heavy is best since 95% of items in the game require heavy smithing such as daedric and artifacts. and honestly i want daedric weapons or mehrunes razor.

As for smithing it seems heavy is best since 95% of items in the game require heavy smithing such as daedric and artifacts. and honestly i want daedric weapons or mehrunes razor.
As far as daggers go, if I were you, I would do the Dark Brotherhood questline and get the Blade of Woe from Astrid at the end. I'm pretty sure it has higher base damage than daedric daggers... I think. I'm not investing in smithing (except for getting the arcane smither perk) because that makes the game more challenging for me, and I'm going for challenging with this character. But if you want to be able to smith some sexy daedric daggers, I say go for it. :D

Derpo

As far as daggers go, if I were you, I would do the Dark Brotherhood questline and get the Blade of Woe from Astrid at the end. I'm pretty sure it has higher base damage than daedric daggers... I think. I'm not investing in smithing (except for getting the arcane smither perk) because that makes the game more challenging for me, and I'm going for challenging with this character. But if you want to be able to smith some sexy daedric daggers, I say go for it. :D
question, a bit off topic but is that((now mind u ive made 3 assassins and beat the chain all times)) THE blade of woe? as in the hero of kvatch? just given a new skin? because astrid dousnt refer to it as "her blade" she just says "take THE blade of woe"

Derpo

The Hero of Kvatch refers to something in Oblivion right? I never played Oblivion, so I don't really have anything to say about that :eek:
*SPOILERS* well he is sheogorath, but he((sheogorath/hero of kvatch)) makes refrences to basically everything he Did, he claims "a severed head((part of the Dark brotherhood line)) a fox.((thieves guild grey fox)) and the CHEESE((former sheo was obessed with cheese)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
If your character is ex Morag Tong, I'm not sure if he would get along with the DB. Though that could make some good rp opportunities I guess. He could join (since this is what he knows) and adapt or get into fights with them. Or he could be bitter and try to eliminate this unruly group of killers.

As far as a character build goes, you can always base it off of Morrowind Morag Tong members and such, with some tweaking.

Derpo

If your character is ex Morag Tong, I'm not sure if he would get along with the DB. Though that could make some good rp opportunities I guess. He could join (since this is what he knows) and adapt or get into fights with them. Or he could be bitter and try to eliminate this unruly group of killers.

As far as a character build goes, you can always base it off of Morrowind Morag Tong members and such, with some tweaking.
That was exactly what i was thinking. though theres an ex-morag tong member ingame that claims that the brotherhood would outright kill anyone who claims to be morag tong or ex. also how should i base my skills?

Necromis

he also doesn't have to join the DB to get the blade, you can instead take the opposite course and destroy the DB and take the blade off of Astrid's body. The blade of woe has been around in other TES episodes, too.

You might want to smith up the light side if you want to make your own light armour, with high enough smithing you can improve any weapon to legendary, but you can't craft what you don't have perked. LOL

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well Morag Tong favored skills were acrobatics, illusion, marksman, light armor, short blade, and sneak. My thoughts are:

Light Armor
One-Handed
Sneak
Illusion
Marksman
Conjuration (For bound bow/sword. Weightless, don't require arrows, and better than starting leveled weaps.)

If you don't care about being 'real' and rping you can forgo most things and just grind illusion (for calm) and a weapon of your choice. But I'm guessing you are in it for the rp values too, so... But this is just one variation really. Everyone has their own set up. Maybe a mixture between the assassin class from Morrowind and the Morag Tong?

Morrowind:Classes - UESPWiki
Morrowind:Morag Tong - UESPWiki

Derpo

he also doesn't have to join the DB to get the blade, you can instead take the opposite course and destroy the DB and take the blade off of Astrid's body. The blade of woe has been around in other TES episodes, too.

You might want to smith up the light side if you want to make your own light armour, with high enough smithing you can improve any weapon to legendary, but you can't craft what you don't have perked. LOL
Though also i dont have the backstab gloves. due to its DB nature id prob use the blade of woe as a trophy.

Necromis

actually if you destroy the DB you can still get all their equipment from the sanctuary.

Derpo

actually if you destroy the DB you can still get all their equipment from the sanctuary.
Well thing is i cant wear it, it'd be wearing they're armor. /: wish there were more assassin gear in the game. though linwes armor is close.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
IMO the best assassins adapt and blend in. When I did play as an assassin I wore various disguises (clothing) and sometimes even guard outfits. Do the deed, escape, and find a nice quiet spot to change and get on with my day. I don't think any of my assassins ever wore armor unless it was as a disguise.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts