I'll probably never build a Hearthfire home again.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

I've discovered much fun in using Creation kit to make/modify my own custom home, for each character. Rather than use a mod, I create the character, slowly build my home in creation kit as I go. It starts as an empty shell and is gradually finished, like the homes in Hearthfire, except I can put what I want where I want.

If anybody on PC is interested in trying, it could prove entertaining to you. I'd recommend making sure you have a couple of extra sick days on the books first, though. One tends to forget to sleep when in Creation Kit.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Joe is so right. I thought Skyrim was a life stealing, sleep depriving temptation to throw a sickie, and then I downloaded the creation kit and, if you get into it, you will lose just as much of your life again because it can be addictive. But for anyone trying it for the first time, keep it simple and plan what you are going to do. I didn't at first and regretted it. But now I have all the weapon racks and mannekins I could ever need and am developing a house ...... no, a mansion ...... maybe an estate ..... the temptation to add extras.

JoeReese

I think the best advice anyone ever gave me is to start a warehouse mod. Duplicate and rename that AAA Markers cell a bunch of times, then go copy, clean, and paste a separate item into each cell. Load it as a plug in, with whatever you're working on as the active file, and then you have clean, functional weapon racks, display and book cases, etc., ready to be pasted right into your mod.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Your an evil man Joe :sadface: I wanna mod and create things in the land of Skyrim!

Iman, start here http://www.creationkit.com/Category:Getting_Started and begin the fun. This page will tell you the setup basics, and it links you to a hub, where you can find more specific (house, npc, monster, weapons, etc.) tutorials. Fly! Be freeeeeee.

It's not that I dont know how to mod (although I dont), its that I play Skyrim on a ps3 and dont have the funds for a gaming pc. Even if I did, I'm not sure I would get Skyrim on computer because it will just ruin my life :p

Olivia W

This is great! That was one of my problems with Hearthfre, not being able to put things where I wanted them. My other problem was the empty chests... I get why they are empty, but I am a bandit by trade. When I see a chest, I want to open it and take all the money out, not put money in it.

ChudMacGud

Elite Bard
This is how I feel whenever I hear about awesome mods and playing Skyrim on PC. Oh, how I seriously envy you PC gamers.

1skyrim.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts