• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kyleekay

If we actually lived in Skyrim, what type of person do you think you'd be? Would you be a simple farmer, blacksmith, or shop owner? Would you join a side in the civil war? An adventurer?

What got me thinking about this was the concept of Roleplaying in general. It seems that (most) people RP as someone they would likely never be, and it made me wonder how I would act if I lived in Skyrim.

I really don't think I'd end up as an adventurer. I'm a big baby, and at the first sign of a Frostbite Spider or Cave Bear, I'd be high-tailing it home. I do love acquiring knowledge though, I think I would likely end up as a student at the College of Winterhold, possibly exploring old ruins and collecting rare books. I would like to think I'd be an adept Conjurer, as well as skilled with Restoration. I wouldn't carry anything more deadly than a simple Dagger as a weapon. I don't think I'd mess with Enchanting or Smithing, but I'd dabble in Alchemy. I think my clothing would be pretty simple, a mix between College robes and regular clothes, and probably a lower-end circlet. I think I'd just want to live a humble life, learning all that I could in my lifetime. :) I wouldn't mind having an intellectual husband (maybe an ex-adventurer) and a kid or two. I'd likely want to make my "forever" home in either Whiterun or Falkreath... I couldn't live up in the snow.

What about you guys? What would you be like if you actually lived in Skyrim?

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
I would probably be a thief with a bow, but most likely no more, I have taken a liking to magic in skyrim, as I do with other games, but magic was a bit more complicated, but now I like it.

So, I would become so-what of a scholar, wielding destruction magic(Preferably Shock spells) With some conjuration and Alchemy. I would join The college of winterhold and finish much of my training and decide to join the Legion.

I would be dedicated to Hermaeus Mora, Due to wanting more knowledge.

Travel much of skyrim, becoming thanes in some holds.

And then die, of obtaining almost too much knowledge in the realm of Hermaeus Mora.

I'd be a blacksmith for sure. I would love to be renowned for my weapons and armor. I would also practice with my own weapons so I could defend myself or someone/something else if I needed to. But if that didn't work out I'd run straight to the Bard College in Solitude and grab a lute!

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
I think I would probably be a bartender at an inn, something cool like that, where you get to talk to people and make drinks, etc.

However, I feel as though I would like to be a blacksmith as well, The hard physical work it takes I would love, and I would really like seeing my customers faces when I showed them their new bad ass gear.

At the same time, however - I would be a Nord, of course - and by Nord tradition I would believe in Sovngarde and that would be my after-life plan, so I bet I would make out as being a Warrior. Maybe not an adventurer, but maybe part of a small group of mercenaries that go around defending the holds from bandits?

This is interesting, I can't think of a solid answer. Skyrim isn't a world where becoming filthy rich is the primary goal, you can make a living off virtually every vocation, so it's easier to live a happy life doing the things you want to do.

Caius

Dovahkiin; Vampire Lord
I'd probably be a wanderer, just traveling around seeing all there is to see. Dabble in whatever essentials needed to be on the road. You know weapon training, be it sword, axe, bow. I wouldn't join anything in particular, but learn more from the people I met on my travels.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I would make a living hunting around Whiterun and Riverwood maybe claim the bounty on the occasional bandit Leader. I could see myself joining the Companions or starting my own meadery.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I'd do odd jobs in Riverwood and the Plains surrounding Whiterun... Wood Cutting, Hunting, Smithing, Keeping the bandits at bay, stuff like that.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I'd be the most powerful high elf mage, and I would spend my time acquiring magical artifacts and spitting on the lesser races :cool: I'd probably join up with the Thalmor and become well known among the human races for my extreme cruelty and merciless persecution of the Talos filth.

AS88

Staff member
Well, considering my Grandpa owned a farm, I could have been the heir to a decent enough sized farm :) However, my dad wasn't interested in running his dad's farm, so left and actually was a miner IRL, then started worked for the British Merchant Navy (East Empire Sailor? :p), then worked as a lorry driver for nearly twenty years (caravaneer/guard?) He's always been fairly capable of looking after himself, so I imagine he'd work as a mercenary at some point, too :p

I've been brought up to be a scholar (Law Student), so I'd probably be a mage, studying Illusion and Alteration. Now I'm nearly done with uni (novice level at Winterhold), I'd go off and do some adventuring of my own, before deciding what I wanted to settle on. :)

KD.

I want to say I'd be some kind of bad ass thief or something, but I'm kind of a puss, so, I'd probably end up a waitress in an inn somewhere with big dreams of adventure and success. Then a nice man with an Amulet of Mara would come along and we'd get married and I'd pop out a couple of kids and that would be the end of my dreams. I'd be stuck married to some loser, raising his brats.

But hopefully, my life would turn out well and I would follow my dreams! I think smithing is something I'd take to well, but I don't know if I'm physically capable of doing it. So, my interest would probably eventually lead me to magic and the College of Winterhold (even though I rarely play a mage in game). My life would be focused on gaining knowledge to help me advance the arts of the arcane. I think I could enjoy that life, kind of like a magical scientist. Here's hoping it's the second path and not the first! ;)

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Definitely run a mill with my father and grandfather. In fact, every time I happen upon Half-Moon mill, it reminds me of my grandfather's home in the countryside

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I know my dad would be a blacksmith, as for me... Hm that's a toughy. If I take after my mom I would be helping people in any way I can so I probably would be a healer for the soldiers. I might also be a bard as well. If they had a piano in skyrim that is :p

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Dark Brotherhood.

To be a paid assassin who even the guards and soldiers employ, and everyone fears, seems to me the easiest way to prosper and thrive at your own schedule.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts