If You Haven't Tried Modded Skyrim, Check This Out

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

Have you taken the plunge to mod Skyrim, or are you still enjoying it on console or vanilla on PC? This video by Replay Network showing someone try modding for the first time might motivate you to change your mind.

As you can see in the video, modding Skyrim to be more realistic can add new challenges and annoyances, such a risk of frostbite. But if you choose your mods carefully that simply adds to the fun to be had because it increases the player's immersion. The player's journey, in this instance, became not just a brisk walk, but a desperate battle to stay warm in a hostile environment.

Anyone out there who never modded Skyrim but would like to try it? Discuss on our forums.
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited:

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Nice! I'm working on adding my first mod now. It's a rough road, cause I HAVE WINDOWS 8. Wish me luck.

Ancano

High Justiciar
I will NEVER switch to Win 8 unless it's for a tablet device. Never.

Windows 7 is Perfect. It is Truly Perfect for our gaming purposes here. What you can do, is purchase a version of Win7 (FULL VERSION - NOT UPGRADE) or if you're a student or work for certain companies you can get a Free Copy of Windows 7. Ultimate or Pro only, Full Version - Not Upgrade.

Wipe out the partition on your new laptop and install Win7 from dics. Then, most manuf still write drivers for Win7. So, you do a little research and should be able to get the drivers you need from the manuf website.

And, you're done. No more Win8. Win7 runs fine, plays all my games fine and runs my GPU's perfectly so it would be insane to 'upgrade'.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Nice! I'm working on adding my first mod now. It's a rough road, cause I HAVE WINDOWS 8. Wish me luck.

You too huh? Lmao my laptop has Windows 8 too. I know it's going to take some tweaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it turns out the standard definition of insanity doesn't apply. Sometimes you gotta do things the same way maybe 4, 5 times before it takes.

Latest posts